Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

There mustn't be a soul left on the ground.:pac:
    It seems everyone is in the sky this morning.

2016_12_18_11.jpg

(Right i'll be X and you be O).:p

I suppose I don't have to remind/warn people that it's looking like we are in for some potentially very stormy conditions at the weekend and could be even further ahead. It looks to be starting Friday anyway.:(
    Anyway ye probably already know. But just in case something needs doing, like making something secure before this weather starts.

Bloody hell.

Look over on the weather forum of boards.
    The forecasting is gone into hurricane territory.

Save yourselves forget the women and children.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Bloody hell.

Can you imagine the mayhem on Christmas day with no electricity if it were to come to that!

Can you imagine the mayhem on Christmas day with no electricity if it were to come to that!

It is looking fairly ominous though.

There'll be some run on gas cookers this week if it's still forecasted.
    Hopefully it won't be as bad but I think the way things are falling into place it could be.
    Maybe have Christmas early?:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Gas cooker, be grand.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Gas cooker, be grand.

I've it sorted. The BBQ is gas. I'll bring her indoors if I need to :-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

It is looking fairly ominous though.

There'll be some run on gas cookers this week if it's still forecasted.
    Hopefully it won't be as bad but I think the way things are falling into place it could be.
    Maybe have Christmas early?:p

Cook it on Friday, go cold turkey on Sunday.;)

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Look at the bright side should be plenty of timber down by next Monday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Bloody hell.

Jezz. Good job I'm sitting here waiting to collect 3 feed barriers at the sec (lastmin.com as per always), to actually pull the plug on the 40 cows/in calves and few maidens who are happily still outside I still don't know ha, ground conditions are still better than they were last April!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The Rabbi

Just finished power washing the milking parlour.Tractor free until fert spreader needed.Putting on the generator in the morning.I will give it a run then I'm set for Christmas.

It wasn't too bad of a day here today.
    Mild enough 9 to 10c.
    A bit drizzly and damp in the morning but cleared up after for the rest of the day.

I bought a gas hob and oven (just in case). The oven is a combined grill and oven so is big enough for an ostrich.
    A new thing on me, they don't sell the regulator and pipe anymore with the cooker. You have to get an approved installer to a) supply them and b) fit them or else the warranty won't cover the cooker (if you want it).
    Also if an approved installer doesn't put it in, your house insurance might not cover you.

This is going in an outhouse and I have the fittings so i'm not worried about the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Mild enough 9 to 10c.
    A bit drizzly and damp in the morning but cleared up after for the rest of the day.

I bought a gas hob and oven (just in case). The oven is a combined grill and oven so is big enough for an ostrich.
    A new thing on me, they don't sell the regulator and pipe anymore with the cooker. You have to get an approved installer to a) supply them and b) fit them or else the warranty won't cover the cooker (if you want it).
    Also if an approved installer doesn't put it in, your house insurance might not cover you.

This is going in an outhouse and I have the fittings so i'm not worried about the above.

Mother bought a gas cooker 3 years ago for kitchen prefers gas over electric but also in case of power failure. Shagging thing has a safety setting if the clock/timer isn't plugged in the oven won't work. Hobs work altitude with out power

Mooooo wrote: »
    Mother bought a gas cooker 3 years ago for kitchen prefers gas over electric but also in case of power failure. Shagging thing has a safety setting if the clock/timer isn't plugged in the oven won't work. Hobs work altitude with out power

Oh ####. It's getting delivered tomorrow. I asked for the cheapest one they had. I don't think there's a timer on it. I'll have to see tomorrow.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Mild enough 9 to 10c.

A semidetached house near here blew up a few years ago...gas was smelt on the street, gas inspector was walking up to the house when it blew up. The family were lucky not to be in the house but they lost the house and everything in it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

The Rabbi wrote: »
    Just finished power washing the milking parlour.Tractor free until fert spreader needed.Putting on the generator in the morning.I will give it a run then I'm set for Christmas.

Sh1t that reminds me the pto shaft in the tractor genny is broken, and seazed onto the genny ughhh! (and has been since I last used it a yr ago ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

They're saying on the weather forum it may not be as bad, it seems to be tracking north. Gales and rain likely. That could change again tho. What ever about rain it's the wind I'd always be afraid off

Mooooo wrote: »
    They're saying on the weather forum it may not be as bad, it seems to be tracking north. Gales and rain likely. That could change again tho. What ever about rain it's the wind I'd always be afraid off

I think i'd wait till the 7th of January to see if we're out of the woods yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,191 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

bitter cold with freezing fog

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Bitter cold with dirty rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Cold morning -1C. Fog clearing now

Lovely frostly morning

• Registered Users Posts: 11,172 ✭✭✭✭Base price

The sunny frosty morning has now given way to wind and rain.

Grand sunny day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Blustery and shower has cleared away now nice and fresh

I said wrote: »
    Blustery and shower has cleared away now nice and fresh

Good drop of rain here at 3am and the sky's darkening for another go

• Registered Users Posts: 18,505 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Awful shower of blustery sleet just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,191 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »
    Awful shower of blustery sleet just now.

Hailstorm here. Was out in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,505 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Yea.
    Soaked and sitting in jeep trying to warm up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Dry and cool here in Kerry. There were some very heavy showers last night, one woke me at 3.30am so it must have been torrential. Land is getting sticky now so most of the drys still out will have to come in before Christmas.

Advertisement