Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,152 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I said wrote: »
    Ah base you don't listen to that weasel Chris o donohue on news talk 👎
    I do occasionally when I'm on the road otherwise I seldom listen to the radio or watch the TV. Sorta got to like him when he was with Ivan on the morning slot. However I become apocalyptic when I hear Hook. I like listening to Sarah Carey on Saturdays when I get the chance. Other than that its RTE 1 (Morning Ireland & Drive Time), Moncrieff, Lyric FM, Spin, or CD's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Lyric in the mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 29,095 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Alot of rain last night, alot cooler today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Some change overnight...

Was as mild last night, was out to the car in my t-shirt and you wouldn't feel the cold...

Then lashing heavy rain for a while around midnight...

And this morning, lovely blue skies but much colder and a wind that'd skin you...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We had a crisp white frost this morning, has cleared off now, bright and sunny with a cold breeze, 5c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Beautiful day here. Sunny with a slight breeze around 4°C. Stark contrast to this day last year

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭C4d78

Some drop in temperature today. Been spoilt all along. Had to come to an end at some stage. Probably good for housed cattle etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Don't know what temp but its fierce cold

Like a spring morning here. Sunny around 2°C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

A couple of weeks like today would be great, get some slurry out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭High bike

Cold one here too first time I had to break ice in the troughs this winter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Left a pub quiz around midnight with clock showing +1° near the sea. By the time i was home it was down to -3° about 3 miles inland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I can see blue sky through the fog...very strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Cool and calm here. Everything you need for slurry spreading is there today, except the date:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Well 2016 was a great year weather wise.:)
    It was drier and warmer than average.

http://www.met.ie/climate/monthly-weather-reports.asp

(For the annual summary. Go to the months and click on annual.)
    And check out the rainfall Longterm average %.
    Mace Head in galway only got 78% of normal annual rainfall.

I thought the mornings would be a bit brighter by now? Still dark at 8 am

I see according to Met Éireann we can expect snow in the second half of next week.
    Another mild and misty night here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

whelan2 wrote: »
    I thought the mornings would be a bit brighter by now? Still dark at 8 am

At this time of the year you get 3 minutes more daylight in the evening for every minute more in the morning,

rangler1 wrote: »
    At this time of the year you get 3 minutes more daylight in the evening for every minute more in the morning,
    Before Christmas I was saying it will be brighter when kids are getting the bus to school, they leave house at 7.54(exactly:rolleyes:) it's not much brighter now than it was before Christmas

Dull miserable day here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Before Christmas I was saying it will be brighter when kids are getting the bus to school, they leave house at 7.54(exactly:rolleyes:) it's not much brighter now than it was before Christmas

Don't forget last November was the brightest November in Ireland in many years.
    November is usually the darkest month of the year due to the sun being low on the horizon and the difficulty of the light getting through the moisture and cloud in the atmosphere. But this November that moisture and cloud was missing due to the high pressure systems over us and to the south west of us.
    So more light than a normal November.

You could include December in this as well as mostly same conditions as November.

But take this evening as an example you can see the long shadows from the high level cloud to the south west of Ireland.
    screenshot_1.png
    This was absent last November and December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Just a heads up,first proper polar outbreak is coming Thursday to Saturday
    Some especially in Ulster Connaught north Leinster including whelan2 and west Munster will have settled snow are you ready?
    Everywhere will have frost lasting all day Friday probably
    Today's farming forecast will hint at it

Beyond that even deeper cold from the east about a week later is a low possibility stay tuned

some rain fell last night

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Just a heads up,first proper polar outbreak is coming Thursday to Saturday
    Some especially in Ulster Connaught north Leinster including whelan2 and west Munster will have settled snow are you ready?
    Everywhere will have frost lasting all day Friday probably
    Today's farming forecast will hint at it

Beyond that even deeper cold from the east about a week later is a low possibility stay tuned
    Any update on this?

Any update on this?

Yup,next 48hrs is as expected except now much of Munster is likely to see snow showers even on low ground from about noon tomorrow north into Laois possibly
    A spell of rain and sleet down there turning to wet snow on hills before that clears to the showers
    Ulster Connaught and north Leinster is likely to see showers all day tomorrow and into the evening mostly snow away from coasts
    It will readily settle there worst on high ground
    A sleety mix near coasts
    Likely to be a hard freeze Thursday night even in the wind and especially Friday night so lying snow will stay
    Sunday should see a big thaw
    That's the current thinking

There is only a small risk of an easterly (ten times colder) towards next weekend at this stage
    Weather models aren't to be trusted at the moment that far out at the moment,there's very low confidence today amongst Met forecasters of a return of that more severe cold right now

Attached is a map of where snow should be falling according to the latest guidance by tomorrow evening,looks like even I'm flukily in the firing line :eek:

Pink is snow

Great drying out here today

Sunny day here with strong wind around 8°C

Sunny 7 degrees broken by heavy rain showers and a cold wind that would skin you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Base price wrote: »
    Sunny 7 degrees broken by heavy rain showers and a cold wind that would skin you.

Gone bitterly cold here and overcast

Advertisement