Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Wind and hail stones here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Wind, rain and the odd bolt of lightening. I just want to go back to bed until April:p

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Heard on the radio theres a red weather warning for rain for Wales

• Registered Users Posts: 11,074 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Wind and hail stones here.

Just about got the cows in before that hit here.
    Had them in the yard and the hail would cut the eyes out of ya.

Just about got the cows in before that hit here.
    Had them in the yard and the hail would cut the eyes out of ya.

Fairly sick of it now.

• Advertisement

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Fairly sick of it now.

Only consolation is we've had far worse winters.
    Not sure what it's like with you but at least there's grass there atm to graze whenever the chance presents itself. There's often been times on paddy's day when the cows would be lucky to get out and the place burnt to a crisp with frost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Got a gust of 109.2kmh here in South Wicklow today
    Trees were bending

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Only consolation is we've had far worse winters.
    Not sure what it's like with you but at least there's grass there atm to graze whenever the chance presents itself. There's often been times on paddy's day when the cows would be lucky to get out and the place burnt to a crisp with frost.

That's the thing though..... The rain is bound to stop at some point. It's been almost constantly broken since last August.
    And I think the Atlantic will relent within the next 3 weeks. But that means we are likely to get the frost in March and April.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Kangaroolala

The wind is howling outside the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Just in from a calving and lt must have let down a load of rain since 7pm. I'm tracking the lawn now.

• Advertisement

Neddyusa wrote: »
    That's the thing though..... The rain is bound to stop at some point. It's been almost constantly broken since last August.
    And I think the Atlantic will relent within the next 3 weeks. But that means we are likely to get the frost in March and April.

There's no guarrentee though. Just because it rained last autumn it can still go on through to May if it wants.
    What's looking likely is this strong jetstream will persist for a while yet.
    And that's from the strong polar vortex and cold conditions and temperature difference between that and the tropics.
    So more rain for the west of Ireland.
    You'd need a sudden stratospheric warming to change conditions up a bit and give a more 'wavy' jet stream and bring in a bit of high pressure. And if that occurred today which it hasn't and it's not in the forecast either it takes three weeks for that change to bring change to ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,478 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Constant rain all night and all day so far. Very miserable and ground desperate waterlogged.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Kinds wet here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

This pretty much sums up the weather here.

7122cfb04edc091a637d6c71ab2986cb.jpg

Brutal day

This pretty much sums up the weather here.

7122cfb04edc091a637d6c71ab2986cb.jpg

How much was that book?
    Any power tools allowed to be used?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

How much was that book?
    Any power tools allowed to be used?

We have an expert on arks in our area. His name is Danny Healy Rae

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

And fairy forts

The man does know how to get elected.

I'm guessing the Healy Rae's are looking after individual people's problems and know how to get the votes.
    There's lots forget their area and run on vague national policies or hide themselves in party politics.
    No point being booksmart and not being street smart in politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Theres actually still snow in the ditches on the high ground near me here in south Wicklow
    There must have been a lot of it up there
    The rain hasnt washed it all away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,059 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Theres actually still snow in the ditches on the high ground near me here in south Wicklow
    There must have been a lot of it up there
    The rain hasnt washed it all away

''waiting for more '' is a saying around here when there's snow hanging around

Dull and overcast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Wet, windy and very cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Most of the rain went around us today. Was expecting a deluge but it didnt happened thankfully. That said ground is saturated and water table ringing the bell at the top. The wind was savage most though ...

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Sun has been out this afternoon in North Kerry and walked the land. Saturated but more worryingly is that the top 1/3 of grass appears burned from the wind. Crazy weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Had everything today- On the walk to the shed to feed cows there was rain being blown all round the place. Then sun & blue skies on way to Manorhamilton for green cert, hit snow about 15mins outside manor & was in the classroom an hour when the skies blackened & we got an unmerciful hail shower!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭High bike

Had everything today- On the walk to the shed to feed cows there was rain being blown all round the place. Then sun & blue skies on way to Manorhamilton for green cert, hit snow about 15mins outside manor & was in the classroom an hour when the skies blackened & we got an unmerciful hail shower!
    had all 4 seasons here today too,ground is saturated

Ok day here even with odd snow shower, great hard cold drying this evening.
    No use though with rain forecast from 6am to 10pm tomorrow :(

Blowing a gale and hammering rain here. Rain literally hasn’t stopped for last 28 hours.

• Advertisement

It is NOT raining

Advertisement