Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Frost with snow on top and frost on that again Tis Baltic out

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Another storm supposed to be arriving at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Icy, roads dangerous in spots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Lovely cool calm night and morning here. Gentle breeze out but no frost or snow, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Ah it's a good day when you can get your hedge cut so you can see your badgers. :p
    I'd say the wife is thrilled..

Day is not actually too bad here. Not much rain overnight and stock out again.

I hear Alan O Reilly of Carlow Weather of ^^above on the local radio news bulletin about the weather. Another time it'd be Met Eireann. ME are either thrilled or fuming at losing work. I see he's been given the use of a car to promote that car brand. And people say talking about the weather doesn't pay the bills..

It took 12 years before it gave me any benefit :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

A smashing day here. Frosty morning but its lovely and settled

davidk1394 wrote: »
    A smashing day here. Frosty morning but its lovely and settled

Strong winds and rain forecast for later in the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Strong winds and rain forecast for later in the west.

Ah stop, sick of it at this stage. Never seen so many places flooded before.

Parishlad wrote: »
    Ah stop, sick of it at this stage. Never seen so many places flooded before.

Have a look below.
    https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/1227674036538351617?s=19

Monsoon at the minute. Heifers having big whores of calves as well adds up to a lovely night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

It's been like a drawn out version of End of Days since last Saturday here in North Kerry. And Denis hasn't even come knocking yet.:eek:

Mooooo wrote: »
    Monsoon at the minute. Heifers having big whores of calves as well adds up to a lovely night

What are they in calf to ?

whelan2 wrote: »
    What are they in calf to ?

A mix really, fr 4530, fr 2298 I've calved a fair share of him no bother, aa4088 as well. Heifers got feck all ration, tbh I was thinking I should have given them more as think some are lacking in condition so silage for the most part, a bit of maize but not much. Some are the last of the autumn born heifers so perhaps put more into the calf as are near fully grown themselves at 2.5

A mix really, fr 4530, fr 2298 I've calved a fair share of him no bother, aa4088 as well. Heifers got feck all ration, tbh I was thinking I should have given them more as think some are lacking in condition so silage for the most part, a bit of maize but not much. Some are the last of the autumn born heifers so perhaps put more into the calf as are near fully grown themselves at 2.5

Had 2 bulls with my heifers. A fr and an Angus. 18 calves so far . 1 fr and 17 angus and the fr calf was a bull :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I'm not making much effort this winter to hold back the drycows or incalf heifers, the silage is reasonably wet but they are getting ad-lib hay and a decent bit of maize, and anything in the calving shed get nearly a full milker diet, and thankfully I'm having very few problems with calvings, alot less than some previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,931 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Heavy rain & strong wind here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭tanko

Sure it feels like it's been raining for six months now with an odd short break here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Heavy rain & strong wind here

And bitter cold as well - the worst of all combinations

Miserable night, miserable morning, miserable weekend ahead.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Miserable night, miserable morning, miserable weekend ahead.:(

not great then.... ground conditions were much better a mth ago.... twill take a week of fine weather to travel after this

• Advertisement

not great then.... ground conditions were much better a mth ago.... twill take a week of fine weather to travel after this

It's supposed to get better from midweek but even my dry fields are saturated this morning. Fecking hate having cows in milking, it adds another 2 hours to the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,478 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Rain just broke there in last few minutes.
    Was relentless and blustery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Just waiting for the next round of high winds and flogging rain. Joy .....

Very heavy rain around 2pm. Lovely evening here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,478 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelan2 wrote: »
    Very heavy rain around 2pm. Lovely evening here.

We had a break and the sky brightened well.
    But had a burst of heavy rain, hail and wind. It just slathered out of nowhere and lasted 20 minutes, but serious rain fell in that time. It’s heading on your way now.

_Brian wrote: »
    We had a break and the sky brightened well.
    But had a burst of heavy rain, hail and wind. It just slathered out of nowhere and lasted 20 minutes, but serious rain fell in that time. It’s heading on your way now.

Young lad has a game in carlow tomorrow-which was postponed from last Sunday- dont know yet if it will go ahead. They will be playing on astro so it will probably go ahead

Nice sunny morning

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

What happened the storm? Nothing but a strong breeze here in East Clare.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Tileman

What happened the storm? Nothing but a strong breeze here in East Clare.

Was very windy and wet overnight here in the midlands but it’s a beautiful morning here now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Windy here and lots of rain, I could probably just copy and paste this every day from now till May the way its going.

Advertisement