Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

More heavy rain arrived this evening after a blustery day. Still coming down now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    More heavy rain arrived this evening after a blustery day. Still coming down now.

Same here.

I hear on met eireann there's flood warnings out for cork from the strong winds and high tide.

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Same here.

I hear on met eireann there's flood warnings out for cork from the strong winds and high tide.

Ya there was allot of standing water on the roads on the way up this morning and the Lee looks fairly high already.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,095 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

very windy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Something wet brewing on the western horizon.

• Advertisement

very frosty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

It was freezing around 2 last night but there was a heavy shower at 2.30 that stopped that. And hailstones this morning to give us a nice sample of winter weather today.

put a new heater plug on the digger yesterday and it started first go this morning, it was outside last night. -1 here at the minute :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Froze here too.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Froze very hard here in north galway, beautiful sunny morning now.

• Advertisement

Twas a real doom and gloom end of the world type morning down here. Really dark cold with heavy rain.

Twas a real doom and gloom end of the world type morning down here. Really dark cold with heavy rain.
    Yeah, same here.

Cows out today till 1 and in for the night for a few days.

A good few days, I'd say:(

Yeah, same here.

Cows out today till 1 and in for the night for a few days.

A good few days, I'd say:(

What are the ground conditions like up there?
    Are they doing much damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭stantheman1979

Horrible here in the SE. Very cold and wet. All stock checked and fed so feeels like a day to catch up on paperwork i think:D:D

What are the ground conditions like up there?
    Are they doing much damage?
    They don't seem to be yet anyway. Only out for 2 hours yet so hard to know.

They are only out because it's a lot of hassle to access the cubicle house going through two different pens of cattle. It'll be different next year hopefully.

And they're hungry so heads down and eating and no need for water till they come back in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Wet and windy day here

frost clearing now, looking like a good day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Some weather.
    You could get sunburnt today.:D

screenshot_1.png

Just started snowing here

Beautiful morning but cool in N Kerry. Lots of wind and drying yesterday so the contractor came and emptied a tank with the umbilical and splash plate. Still a few very wet patches here.

• Advertisement

Beautiful morning but cool in N Kerry. Lots of wind and drying yesterday so the contractor came and emptied a tank with the umbilical and splash plate. Still a few very wet patches here.

Ground is very wet down here. Even what would be regarded as dry ground is wet.
    Tis fierce cold this morning. 2 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,152 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Woke to the sound of a wood pigeon doing his woo woo whoo woo woo thing this morning. It was a clear frosty sunny morning in Longford. I thought that it's a bit early for them to be pairing up.
    ****ty, wet and cold in NCD this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Was a great day here...

Very cold wind, but great drying. Places are very dry again, had to do a bit of fencing and the tractor barely marked the field...

Was a great day here...

Very cold wind, but great drying. Places are very dry again, had to do a bit of fencing and the tractor barely marked the field...
    We have a batch of 48 yearlings in a shed but access a paddock beside the yard. This morning cause the ground was so dry I decided to let them out to about 4 acres of the last of the grass that wasn't strip grazed in the Autumn. It was pleasant to walk through the field gaps without half the world stuck to my wellies. I set up the strip wire and it was a pleasant sight to see them lying in the Sun with full bellies this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Base price wrote: »
    We have a batch of 48 yearlings in a shed but access a paddock beside the yard. This morning cause the ground was so dry I decided to let them out to about 4 acres of the last of the grass that wasn't strip grazed in the Autumn. It was pleasant to walk through the field gaps without half the world stuck to my wellies. I set up the strip wire and it was a pleasant sight to see them lying in the Sun with full bellies this afternoon.

had a coating of snow here today

ganmo wrote: »
    had a coating of snow here today
    I saw the weather warnings for snow on the Dublin/Wicklow hills last night. What height above sea level are you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Dry but the wind would cut the town halls of ya

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Base price wrote: »
    I saw the weather warnings for snow on the Dublin/Wicklow hills last night. What height above sea level are you.
    about 400m

A lovely mild dry morning down south

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

A lovely mild dry morning down south

For once :D

Advertisement