Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Beautiful morning here but after turning bitterly cold now. Time to load up the fire tonight.

Yeah noticed that earlier. Sudden drop in temp

• Registered Users Posts: 18,516 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Wet all night and still raining, 3.5c with that and it’s miserable out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,181 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I was on the road at 4.30 this morning and it was dry but cold in Longford. As I travelled East I hit heavy rain around Kells. I was surprised to see flooding in fields as I got closer to NCD.
    The land in Longford is dryer than here which is unusual for Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,220 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Base price wrote: »
    I was on the road at 4.30 this morning and it was dry but cold in Longford. As I travelled East I hit heavy rain around Kells. I was surprised to see flooding in fields as I got closer to NCD.
    The land in Longford is dryer than here which is unusual for Winter.

Ye young lad said it's not too bad in ballyhaise. Got a real heavy shower around 7am here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Prob be the only time I'll be able to say it this winter but tis a grand day down here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

whelan2 wrote: »
    Ye young lad said it's not too bad in ballyhaise. Got a real heavy shower around 7am here

Gone to sh1te here again now. Trying to keep the milkers grazing not worth the effort anymore. Calves happy out tho, better than any shed:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mooooo wrote: »
    Prob be the only time I'll be able to say it this winter but tis a grand day down here
    Same here, cool but dry. Nice day for working:)

Timmaay wrote: »
    Gone to sh1te here again now. Trying to keep the milkers grazing not worth the effort anymore. Calves happy out tho, better than any shed:

Cows will be in here tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Timmaay wrote: »

Nice little spot. Moved all the heifer calves down to our wettest ground, has shelter and a few dry spots to lie, they have about 9/10 acres with a cover of about 1300 on it for 47 of em

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Fierce thunderstorms and lightning show last night accompanied by downpours.

But whatever does be in a thunderstorm.
    Whether it's nitrogen, sulphur or boron release or just plain ole electricity. Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me there's a noticeable increase in greenness in the grass today.

• Advertisement

Walked up to check my drw cows as didn't think the jeep would travel. Field is bone dry even after alot of rain yesterday. Sun is out now

Walked up to check my drw cows as didn't think the jeep would travel. Field is bone dry even after alot of rain yesterday. Sun is out now

Drove up the back road from arklow town today, saw a field completely submerged under water, good 3 or 4 acs and I'd guess it was 6 ft deep in places. Obviously must be very poor drainage in that field at the best of times, but it just shows the huge rainfall here, one of the locals has it at over 9 inches in nov! Ground here has taken the most of it thankfully however!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Rain over the last week has water sitting in the low areas. I reckon a lot of the heavier soils are still dry and compact after the heat and arid conditions of the summer. Out this morning and observed 3 swans having a swim where there wasn't a drop a month ago ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Heavy rain forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday next.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Off to football in the rain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

We’ve had an unreal dry week in the west. Ground is in great order. Another smasher today.

Off to football in the rain

Got to game and the home team never turned up. Ffs. Still raining here. Cows going in tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Rain earlier overcast and cold now an east wind I won’t be out in it till I’ve to feed the cattle later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

All my cattle are still out. Feeding some silage in the yard and they're lying out on a hill, happy as Larry. Would love another few weeks of it. Really shortens the winter.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

All my cattle are still out. Feeding some silage in the yard and they're lying out on a hill, happy as Larry. Would love another few weeks of it. Really shortens the winter.

Same here.
    Last bit of grass being grazed.
    Lighter stock will have access to field from shed all winter with silage and meal at the barrier. Heavier heifers will be housed next weekend. Unheard of round here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Weanlings only out here I put in the autumn calvers yesterday, Fridays rain and the forecast for next week made it an easy decision. Very foggy and cold here all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Tis ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Bucketing rain here. Ground conditions could be interesting hedge cutting today

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Jaysus it's rough out there

Yea.
    Real ball of dung of a morning. No matter which way you face the wind is blowing the rain in your face. :(

Well that's put an end to my extended grazing. Cows in today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭148multi

All cattle in yesterday evening, terrible night and morning, not bad now just blustery.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Well that's put an end to my extended grazing. Cows in today

Doubt there will be many out after the next few days. Fair going to get cows out until now. cows in here 3 weeks, nicely settled into winter mode. 25% dried off and rest on oad for a few weeks Just weanlings still out hopefully for another few weeks.

In by day here, last few nights out, getting an ac each time (only because I got too many milking for number of cubicles). Did a final grass measure, afc 588, so definitely time to call quits with milkers. Weanlings still out and will stay out, their demand is only 3 on the whole farm and got ground to graze that is too messy to bother holding over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Milking cows still out day and night, they are at the back of the farm it was like going to hell bringing them in this morning at 6am. Still milking well.

Advertisement