Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verbally Assaulted

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭mayway

sydthebeat wrote: »
    We are supposed to take your word that you didn't block his drive and he went off on one unprovoked???

More to this than than your saying. And if I was a betting man I'd say your one of those ass holes who dump their cars anywhere dropping little precious to school cos your were too lazy getting out of bed to get there early and park properly.

You were there, were you? You're an arrogant jumped up turd who has no idea what they're talking about. Go away, moron. You're the "asshole", clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Did he threaten you?

Doesn't matter.......this about justice!!!!!!!
    mayway wrote: »

Obviously this is simply not good enough. What actions, if any, are available to me with a view to both getting justice for myself for the assault and ensuring that he doesn't engage in this type of appalling behaviour again?

Any thoughts?

.....maybe the OP can arrange a march or something, she can't be the only person whose rights this guy so egregiously violated......start a facebook campaign :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Ah the great Irish public and their cars, an extension of their home and the embodiment of entitlement. Chances are you're both in the wrong - you've parked not necessarily in front of his driveway but if it's an estate anywhere like our school, it's probably plagued by anti social parking. The guy on the other hand probably thinks he owns half the road or pathway or something crazy like that - a lot of Irish people seem to have this idea.

Not saying you blocked his driveway per se, but chances are you could walk / cycle the kids to school and save all this hassle.

In terms of justic there's many eminent and learned senior counsel who'd happily take this case, may go all the way to the European Court of Human Rights. An SC doesnt come cheap mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭mvt

Its a bit too early to get the popcorn but this thread makes me laugh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

God love you OP. An old man "gave out" to you so that's a verbal assault.

What next? Someone gives you a dirty look so you need compensation. Someone tuts at you for doing something so you need counselling.

Grow up OP and join the real world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Jawgap wrote: »

As part of the re-development, a good chunk of the site was given over to providing a one-way, drop off system so parents wouldn't have to park on the narrow lane while dropping off their precious darlings and so buses could pull in and park.....it means the kids lost a good chunk of their yard, but hey, why do they need the exercise anyway.

Guess what? Idiot parents still park on the lane and still double-park rather than use the drop off system - maybe it's the kids who should be driving and send the parents in for a bit of education :D

Now that you mention it, our new school has that one way drop off system too!!!-and still they park and restrict access to our estate. They have blocked off part of people's drives etc too or left barely enough room to get out.

They also must give the kids crap to eat as some if them drop litter too. Breakfast bar type crap

No wonder the aul fella is giving out.

Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

This is hugely dramatic on your behalf OP. Have a cup of tea and move on, life is too short and judging by your previous thread you have parking issues. Save the money for the private investigator and get a few lessons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Just curious: how far is your drive to the school? Is it along dangerous roads? Are the kids very young to cycle?

40% of car journeys in Dublin are under 4km, a 10-minute cycle…

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Pistols at dawn is the only solution when a mans honour has been offended like this

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Ah the great Irish public and their cars, an extension of their home and the embodiment of entitlement. Chances are you're both in the wrong - you've parked not necessarily in from of his driveway but if it's an estate anywhere like our school, it's probably plagued by anti social parking. The guy on the other hand probably thinks he owns half the road or pathway or something crazy like that - a lot of Irish people seem to have this idea.

Not saying you blocked his driveway per se, but chances are you could walk / cycle the kids to school and save all this hassle.

Maybe he does think he owns the road but he doesn't. Unfortunately, unlike a lot of the lazy slobs I see around the school I have to work so I've no choice but to drop them in the car. The number of fat tracksuited up disgusting women who park their 4x4s all over the place in the morning is nauseating. I just want to scream at them to try walking a bit the odd time.

Anyway, I can assure you that I was properly parked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Maybe he does think he owns the road but he doesn't. Unfortunately, unlike a lot of the lazy slobs I see around the school I have to work so I've no choice but to drop them in the car. The number of fat tracksuited up disgusting women who park their 4x4s all over the place in the morning is nauseating. I just want to scream at them to try walking a bit the odd time.

Ah now, could you not live off the rent of that fine house in Drumcondra ;)

100km+ commutes are insane. Why spend so much of your life commuting? Ridiculous.

Anything more than 20-25 minutes is just wrong. I live in Dublin on a 1/2 acre which allows me and my family plenty space. My commute is 20 minutes each way and I have a second 4 bedroom house in Drumcondra which I bought 15 years ago and I rent out.

You can achieve whatever you want if you are prepared to work for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Hmm, I don't want to hang around his house trying to provoke him just so I can record him on my phone. It could be construed that I was the one in the wrong in that case.
    I was sort of thinking about doing that alright.
    Ah right. Rather than use the proper channels to report him, you want to wind him up.
    You were there, were you? You're an arrogant jumped up turd who has no idea what they're talking about. Go away, moron. You're the "asshole", clearly.

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!
    A thread started by you complaining about verbal assault, and you come out with this gem!

mfceiling wrote: »
    God love you OP. An old man "gave out" to you so that's a verbal assault.

What next? Someone gives you a dirty look so you need compensation. Someone tuts at you for doing something so you need counselling.

Grow up OP and join the real world.

I am in the real world but he can't prowl up and down a public road as if he owns it. Cos he don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

mayway wrote:

Still with the verbal assaults.... ever hear of hypocrisy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭kirving

Also, on the note, and now this... Let's refer back to a previous thread of yours about your neighbours dog.
    I'm open to any and all solutions to this rotten problem..........Is there something that he could be fed that will just send him to sleep or calm him down?

The most important thing is that I don't fall out with the neighbours as the dog looks fairly old and is in a pretty bad state.......

.........Or can I anonymously ring the council or someone to have it taken away?

Who's the one being cowardly, anonymous, interfering with someone's DOG rather than their car, and unable to have a proper conversation with their neighbour.

You're either a troll, or really have nothing better to do all day than think up of ways that you're being victimised and make an ordeal of dropping your kids to school.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,033 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

"Butt hurt misogynist snowflake seeks justice after admonishing from irate pensioner"

I demand this be made into a movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

So you laughed in his face?
    ASSAULT!

If you go down the psycho route and keep parking there to agotate him, it won't be long til your car is keyed.

idnkph wrote: »
    mayway wrote:

Still with the verbal assaults.... ever hear of hypocrisy?

I have. Why? Have you ever heard of pointlessness or stupidity? Or talking without saying anything?

So you laughed in his face?
    ASSAULT!

If you go down the psycho route and keep parking there to agotate him, it won't be long til your car is keyed.
    Of course I laughed in his face, the crazy old lunatic.

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    "Butt hurt misogynist snowflake seeks justice after admonishing from irate pensioner"

I demand this be made into a movie!

....with Al Pacino.....

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EnergyBlaster

Bit of an escalation there.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

mayway wrote:
    I have. Why? Have you ever heard of pointlessness or stupidity? Or talking without saying anything?

We the public don't need to say much. You speak volumes about yourself.

The look on his purple face as I sped away laughing was priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭kirving

Unfortunately, unlike a lot of the lazy slobs I see around the school I have to work so I've no choice but to drop them in the car.

That still isn't a reason.

Again, how far for the driveway? Can he safely see the full road when pulling out of the drive? You know, to see the kids who walk or cycle?

Bit of an escalation there.
    * sigh *

Why are there so many people on here who have literally nothing to say but post anyway? Is it some kind of disease?

Speeding in the vicinity of a school!

I'm outraged - who do I see to get justice for all the kids put at risk!

Joe Duffy?

Unfortunately, unlike a lot of the lazy slobs I see around the school I have to work so I've no choice but to drop them in the car.

That still isn't a reason.

Again, how far for the driveway? Can he safely see the full road when pulling out of the drive? You know, to see the kids who walk or cycle?

Of course it's a reason but rest assured I don't care what you think as you have zero idea what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Surely you obeyed the low speed limits in a school zone?

• Advertisement

The tail end of my car was 4 inches from his driveway. Not blocking his driveway in any shape or form.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement