Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Pter wrote: »
    Next beers?

Yeah that's a great idea actually, we'd need somewhere quieter again than TPs, we'd probably need twice the table space we had in TPs too

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Yeah that's a great idea actually, we'd need somewhere quieter again than TPs, we'd probably need twice the table space we had in TPs too

Pter's gaff it is so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

quickbeam wrote: »
    Pter's gaff it is so! :)

No-one has ever described my place as quiet. Not sure wild children running around lends itself to d&d

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Pter wrote:
    No-one has ever described my place as quiet. Not sure wild children running around lends itself to d&d

They're just nymphs for flavour

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Leitrim?

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    Leitrim?

Plenty of quiet anyways, Strawbs might host yeah?

there's a few stores in Dublin might accomodate

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kolido wrote: »
    Leitrim?

:pac::pac::pac:

Sligo works too so I don't have to travel. I'll book the backroom in the local for a D&D convention.

Landlord will think I'm nuts. :P

Did I hear you lot wanna come to Leitrim? :)

I’ll dust off the good crystal

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm bored at work. Someone entertain me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Necrominus wrote: »
    I'm bored at work. Someone entertain me.
    codenames friendly ? i'm game.

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    codenames friendly ? i'm game.

Yeah, sure. Be driving home from 6-7 but can play aside from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

D&D is great offline too, if anyone has the oppurtunity to play with friends (DM if you have to, its easy to start out) I highly recommend getting a few beers and playing a session

Takes me back to my childhood, minus the beer!

Spent 5 nights a week playing with my mates who lived beside me. I was very rarely DM as we had one guy who was great at it and ran really good campaigns. Looking back, he was a sick fcuk lol, but they were fun.

I was talking yesterday to the sister of one of the guys we played with, she never got into it. I was the only female in the group.

My folks thought we were devil worshipping or something as they came home to mine to smell candles etc and wondered what we were doing. They just didn't get it!

When I split with my ex I lost all my gaming stuff that I had kept from my teen years. All my character sheets, I kept every single one. And my dice which were my pride and joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Oh, My one night ultimate werewolf game arrived yesterday. Next quiz night at mine will end with a game of this for sure.

Grumpy, ya in?? :p

Takes me back to my childhood, minus the beer!

Spent 5 nights a week playing with my mates who lived beside me. I was very rarely DM as we had one guy who was great at it and ran really good campaigns. Looking back, he was a sick fcuk lol, but they were fun.

I was talking yesterday to the sister of one of the guys we played with, she never got into it. I was the only female in the group.

My folks thought we were devil worshipping or something as they came home to mine to smell candles etc and wondered what we were doing. They just didn't get it!

When I split with my ex I lost all my gaming stuff that I had kept from my teen years. All my character sheets, I kept every single one. And my dice which were my pride and joy.

D&D and Devil Worship are linked all the time actually, so your folks weren't alone. Its fairly regular to see people on the D&D subreddit looking for advice because their parents wont let them play as its witchcraft or devil worship and stuff like that.

I remember one where someone was on trial, and part of their defense was that they were playing D&D that night. Their lawyers reaction was to forget that, and had to be shown a podcast of the session as proof that they didn't light candles, dress up, worship devils before trying to sacrifice someone :D

Question for people: Do many of your RL mates/family etc know about your online gaming? What's their general reaction?

My wife - at times - enjoys me regaling her of ongoing games, and has even had some input into the ones I've created myself (The Maleficent role in Disney for example was her creation). Then there are times when she gets annoyed because I've been on that 'bloody laptop for the past 3 days straight.' :pac:
    My eldest sees me typing away at my latest post and comes up to me - 'Daddy which game are you playing today? The Wolf one? Or the Dragon one?' Or, more recently, 'the Vampire one?' I've even told him bedtime stories of some of the D&D adventures. Saving the WW and Vampire ones for another few years though. :P

I was also recently rumbled by my mates who discovered my boards name and they take great joy in screening my posts on our various WhatsApp groups in an attempt to embarrass me.
    Funny thing is, it doesn't, and I reckon if they were to sign up here for a game (working on it) they'd love it.

I kinda get it, before I discovered WW, and more recently play by post RPGs such as D&D (and Vampire... absolutely fave game in the universe) I probably would have had preconceived notions about people who partook in these activities.

I'm very glad to have been completely and utterly wrong having played here with you folks, gone to a live games night (thanks Tig, next time I'll buy dinner ;) ), and even met with some of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Saving the WW and Vampire ones for another few years though. :P
    "And was Lysander in trouble then Daddy?"

"Of course not, he just suffocated the flesh crafting cannibals in their own mansion, it was easy to do after he murdered his friend."

"Was that before or after he burnt Clarissa's friends alive?"

"Oh after, now go to sleep you little scamp"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Question for people: Do many of your RL mates/family etc know about your online gaming? What's their general reaction?

My wife - at times - enjoys me regaling her of ongoing games, and has even had some input into the ones I've created myself (The Maleficent role in Disney for example was her creation). Then there are times when she gets annoyed because I've been on that 'bloody laptop for the past 3 days straight.' :pac:
    My eldest sees me typing away at my latest post and comes up to me - 'Daddy which game are you playing today? The Wolf one? Or the Dragon one?' Or, more recently, 'the Vampire one?' I've even told him bedtime stories of some of the D&D adventures. Saving the WW and Vampire ones for another few years though. :P

I was also recently rumbled by my mates who discovered my boards name and they take great joy in screening my posts on our various WhatsApp groups in an attempt to embarrass me.
    Funny thing is, it doesn't, and I reckon if they were to sign up here for a game (working on it) they'd love it.

I kinda get it, before I discovered WW, and more recently play by post RPGs such as D&D (and Vampire... absolutely fave game in the universe) I probably would have had preconceived notions about people who partook in these activities.

I'm very glad to have been completely and utterly wrong having played here with you folks, gone to a live games night (thanks Tig, next time I'll buy dinner ;) ), and even met with some of you.

Most of my RL friends introduced me to gaming so yeah they know. Lol. Maybe not online though but they still know coz I've told them.

I'm glad you've embraced the gamer life Necro. A bit of fantasy never hurt anyone.
    My 6 year old nephew took great amusement in telling me recently that I'm a NERD. I said 'yes I am. Isn't that cool?' He thought I was hilarious. :rolleyes:

Necrominus wrote:

Yeah most of my friends know, I tried to convert some of the and some of their partners too, the conversion failed tho :(

I live with my sister and she knows all about it, I fill her in on all the drama every evening like it's a soap or something, she's a big gamer so when I'm playing it means she can have the TV for fallout or whatever she's at with no objection from me so she's happy out

My wife humours me as long as playing doesn't interfere with putting the kids to bed.

The kids think it's great because I let them watch paw patrol at bedtime when I should be putting them to bed.

I'm sad to say I feel like I'm living a double life. Vast majority of my RL friends wouldn't be into it at all. I've always been somewhat of the nerd of the group. I used to be embarrassed by that, I couldn't give a **** anymore! Life's too short. I'm still reluctant to share the extent of it though. I've changed my boards name a few times because RL friends found out my account name somehow. I prefer anonymity. My ex looked at me with two heads when I was describing the WW star wars game we had here.

• Advertisement

I'm sad to say I feel like I'm living a double life. Vast majority of my RL friends wouldn't be into it at all. I've always been somewhat of the nerd of the group. I used to be embarrassed by that, I couldn't give a **** anymore! Life's too short. I'm still reluctant to share the extent of it though. I've changed my boards name a few times because RL friends found out my account name somehow. I prefer anonymity. My ex looked at me with two heads when I was describing the WW star wars game we had here.

Anonymity is gone now! Two headed ex. That narrows it right down. :D

sKeith wrote:
    Anonymity is gone now! Two headed ex. That narrows it right down.

Who models for dunes but isn't Lisa snowdon!

Padraig Harrington

I've said too much

sKeith wrote: »
    Anonymity is gone now! Two headed ex. That narrows it right down. :D

Any time I cut one off, two more grew back in its place. Highly inconvenient.

Does anyone know why you can't get white/cream/ivory lenses in sunglasses, they don't seem to exist and Google hasn't helped (stupid google) would you not be able to see through them or what

Does anyone know why you can't get white/cream/ivory lenses in sunglasses, they don't seem to exist and Google hasn't helped (stupid google) would you not be able to see through them or what

I would think there would be a light absorption issue.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Does anyone know why you would want white/cream/ivory lenses in sunglasses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Funnily enough I just picked up my new prescription glasses and sunglasses yesterday. I am not best pleased about having to wear them again. Like a proper old person I refuse to accept that I even need them.
    But the sunglasses are pretty funky. They are standard black sunglasses though, none of this fancy white lenses like you young folk.

Advertisement