Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Tigger wrote: »
    No but we shouldn’t misrepresent what he wrote

We're not misrepresenting you either, we were talking sh1te then and we're still talking sh1te now

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

We're not misrepresenting you either, we were talking sh1te then and we're still talking sh1te now

Yeah, I don't think there's an intention to misrepresent.

But if it's gonna cause an issue we can take our sh1te talk to a new thread for the sake of everyone's sanity :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Banjo wrote: »
    Go.
    Cancun is soulless. Visit but don't stay there. It's just a ****ing dual carriageway with a bunch of hotels on it preventing you from accessing the beach, and a Senior Frogs. There is a town, but it's almost independent of the tourist strip. Don't go scuba diving unless you're reasonably experienced. Cowboys will get you killed throwing you into very strong currents that you will need to know how to deal with.

Mexico is an incredibly varied country. Whatever you want to see, they probably have it. It's like New Zealand that way but with far more gang-related murders. Personally I'd recommend Merida, a couple of days to see the Copper Canyon (you can catch a train from Chihuahua), and some time in Mexico City (but with a mask, the air is awful and you'll have a persistent cough for months afterwards).

Gotta say you're not selling it to me!

Necrominus wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't think there's an intention to misrepresent.

But if it's gonna cause an issue we can take our sh1te talk to a new thread for the sake of everyone's sanity :p

yeah if the mods think it better to close this one and we'll start another, that's grand. It would be silly in the meantime to have 2 threads open which essentially fulfil the same purpose tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Tigger wrote: »
    I really don’t understand why my thread was taken an changed repeatedly to what ever Pter thinks is funny
    Surely it should be shut and he should start his own thread?

So as I’ve seen before
    Mods please shut thread
    Or row name correctly as

"WW forum - off topic thread - introduction of the vaniligers"
    yeah if the mods think it better to close this one and we'll start another, that's grand. It would be silly in the meantime to have 2 threads open which essentially fulfil the same purpose tho.

As I said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I don't think we need two OT threads, so if Tigger wants a new one started then this one should be closed.

Can't help but feel that a few posters are just repeating the same thing now in order to pad out their post-count. There's definitely at least one wolf in that group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Can't help but feel that a few posters are just repeating the same thing now in order to pad out their post-count. There's definitely at least one wolf in that group.

Ah geez, I didn't realise it was so obvious :D

Ah geez, I didn't realise it was so obvious :D

Poor MrsFlushdraw, even in the OT thread you come across as someone who wants to burn the village down with napalm :pac:

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Gotta say you're not selling it to me!

Well, the hubby got up and is going golfing but then they are going to a market. so there is other things to do. It looks beautiful though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

quickbeam wrote: »
    When, where?

FFS! Now it just looks like I started a thread with those words, like an idiot.

(jk :P)

Poor MrsFlushdraw, even in the OT thread you come across as someone who wants to burn the village down with napalm :pac:

Harsh! :pac:

quickbeam wrote: »
    FFS! Now it just looks like I started a thread with those words, like an idiot.

(jk :P)

Congrats on your new thread. Hope you like it! I think a name change is in order to honour our new overlord :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

All your talk of Cancún and New Zealand...

I'm just heading for Lake Garda for two weeks next month. Eurocamps to keep the kids happy. Looking forward to it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Now New Zealand on the other hand..........holy ****. Next on my list of big holidays. Costed it out at around £6,000 for the 2 of us for 3 weeks though. :(

The single best country to travel in the world. I spent about 6500 euros for myself and the other half for a month not including flights. Hiked a glacier, did a bungy, jumped out of a plane spent time in a Maori village and seen some spectacular natural sights. Id go back in heartbeat, well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

All your talk of Cancún and New Zealand...

I'm just heading for Lake Garda for two weeks next month. Eurocamps to keep the kids happy. Looking forward to it though :D

Its a great spot, great view, great locals, great food....GREAT GELATO!

I would say enjoy the weather, but we all know you'll be playing Werewolf in yer room over there :)

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its a great spot, great view, great locals, great food....GREAT GELATO!

I would say enjoy the weather, but we all know you'll be playing Werewolf in yer room over there :)

:pac::pac::pac:

Nah the laptop has been banned from the trip and I'm only allowed on the phone in the evenings. It's a fair compromise given the rest of the year I play as much, and as often as I can. :p

As an aside would anyone be interested in experiencing a one-shot D&D dungeon to try out the game?

A couple of us are thinking of giving DMing a lash and if anyone was interested, give me a shout. Can be as fast or slow as you like, we'll work out those details when we get it up and running.

:pac::pac::pac:

Nah the laptop has been banned from the trip and I'm only allowed on the phone in the evenings. It's a fair compromise given the rest of the year I play as much, and as often as I can. :p

I still think your wife has left you already and your too busy playing on boards to realise.

As an aside would anyone be interested in experiencing a one-shot D&D dungeon to try out the game?

A couple of us are thinking of giving DMing a lash and if anyone was interested, give me a shout. Can be as fast or slow as you like, we'll work out those details when we get it up and running.

Ugh I've been toying with the idea for ages but seems like a lot of commitment. What's required?

• Advertisement

Sell it to me, How do you play/ Win. Ive no idea how it really works.

duffman13 wrote: »
    Ugh I've been toying with the idea for ages but seems like a lot of commitment. What's required?

Well as opposed to the longer campaign that Fourier runs this would be basically a scenario where for example:

You get dropped off in a dungeon and have to explore, battle some monsters and escape with the loot.

Once we iron out the kinks we'll be tossing a sign up thread up.

Commitment we could go one day/evening a week, or more if people wanted until the dungeon concluded.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Sell it to me, How do you play/ Win. Ive no idea how it really works.

The basic premise is you create your own character from a set of predefined types. First one would be using 1st Edition rules so they would be:

(Dwarf, Elf, Cleric, Magic-User, Halfling, Fighter)

Basically then the DM (Dungeon Master) creates the scenario and you try to work as a team (or not, up to the players) to get through it.

Situations will come up where the DM will ask you to roll against one of your stats (Stats are Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Wisdom, Intelligence and Charisma).
    The rolls take place on a seperate site which you can input dice rolls to get a result.
    The stats are pre defined at character creation stage.

For a better explanation, here's a few posts from Fourier:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105159100&postcount=21

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105162422&postcount=32

Well as opposed to the longer campaign that Fourier runs this would be basically a scenario where for example:

You get dropped off in a dungeon and have to explore, battle some monsters and escape with the loot.

Once we iron out the kinks we'll be tossing a sign up thread up.

Commitment we could go one day/evening a week, or more if people wanted until the dungeon concluded.

Feck it, depending on dates I'll give it a bash. Should be able to commit to one night a week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

The basic premise is you create your own character from a set of predefined types. First one would be using 1st Edition rules so they would be:

Basically then the DM (Dungeon Master) creates the scenario and you try to work as a team (or not, up to the players) to get through it.

Situations will come up where the DM will ask you to roll against one of your stats (Stats are Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Wisdom, Intelligence and Charisma).
    The rolls take place on a seperate site which you can input dice rolls to get a result.

Might be intersted in this, thanks Necro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I LOVE how much you've gotten into this. :D If you need any help let me know.

D&D New Player Sign Up Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

D&D is great offline too, if anyone has the oppurtunity to play with friends (DM if you have to, its easy to start out) I highly recommend getting a few beers and playing a session

D&D is great offline too, if anyone has the oppurtunity to play with friends (DM if you have to, its easy to start out) I highly recommend getting a few beers and playing a session

Take it from Digi, the most notable thing about him is that "he likes D&D and phones and stuff"....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Next beers?

Advertisement