Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necrominus wrote: »
    Only for I know what that is about....:eek::eek::eek:

She wasnt impressed at all. Worst reaction to it ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Unpopular opinion of mine... Beer = pish water

there that is me lynched next time we play non anon. Coke, Whiskey, Cider, White Russians are the drinks of choice I've had at different times of my life

beer = poo emoji

there that is me lynched next time we play non anon. Coke, Whiskey, Cider, White Russians are the drinks of choice I've had at different times of my life

Depends on the beer though....

Pter wrote: »
    She wasnt impressed at all. Worst reaction to it ever.

I threw my computer out the window!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I drink beer, but don't necessarily enjoy it :pac::pac:

Prefer Cider... and as some of the folks here will tell you, I'm quite fond of the Whiskey too :p

• Advertisement

Prefer Cider... and as some of the folks here will tell you, I'm quite fond of the Whiskey too :p

Most of the north inner city can tell you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Actual footage of Necro when he's had a few whiskeys:
    giphy.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

:pac:

Hey, I won as a wolf with that exact tactic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I threw my computer out the window!!

I was quite bemused about the shower emoji thing too. But I was fond of shrug lady emoji to convey my confusion about everything the boys were talking about.
    shrug_1f937.png

12847-shower.png

• Advertisement

12847-shower.png

Molly, that means Necro understands and agrees.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

giphy.gif

Actually don't know if I can interact with you guys in this here POT thread, seeing BJ/Necro etc on PW seems to work but here I just think your all damn untrustworthy mofos who need a bullet, WW does funny things to a person.

giphy.gif

Actually don't know if I can interact with you guys in this here POT thread, seeing BJ/Necro etc on PW seems to work but here I just think your all damn untrustworthy mofos who need a bullet, WW does funny things to a person.

you're not missing anything, the lads just like to shower with each other

you're not missing anything, the lads just like to shower with each other

Actual footage of Necro enjoying a shower:

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

is shower emoji not a universally understood symbol??

I always understood it to mean: clean, precise, clear explanation. I'm 100% behind that.

And because boards.ie lacks the shower emoji, it is just universally accepted that the thanks button on boards is a close second to it??

:shower:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Pter wrote: »
    :shower:

Discord?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I really don’t understand why my thread was taken an changed repeatedly to what ever Pter thinks is funny
    Surely it should be shut and he should start his own thread?

So as I’ve seen before
    Mods please shut thread
    Or row name correctly as

"WW forum - off topic thread - introduction of the vaniligers"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Tigger wrote: »
    I really don’t understand why my thread was taken an changed repeatedly to what ever Pter thinks is funny
    it should be shut and he should start his own thread?

So as I’ve seen before
    Mods please shut thread

Mod hat off for a second, posting as a boards poster.

It’s an off-topic thread where the title periodically changes to reflect the current discussion in the off topic thread.

The current discussion centres around shower emojis and I haven’t a clue what that means.

Just because you started a thread doesn’t automatically make it your own thread. It’s a discussion forum and your opening post started a discussion, which evolved into an off topic thread. I don’t look at the title and go “oh look, the title of Tiggers thread has changed”. I look at the title and go “oh look, the off topic thread title has changed”, in the same way that I don’t view the game mod list thread as Jayop’s (was it his OP?) or any of the charter threads as being “my threads”.

Not seeing the issue tbh.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Mod hat off for a second, posting as a boards poster.

It’s an off-topic thread where the title periodically changes to reflect the current discussion in the off topic thread.

The current discussion centres around shower emojis and I haven’t a clue what that means.

Just because you started a thread doesn’t automatically make it your own thread. It’s a discussion forum and your opening post started a discussion, which evolved into an off topic thread. I don’t look at the title and go “oh look, the title of Tiggers thread has changed”. I look at the title and go “oh look, the off topic thread title has changed”, in the same way that I don’t view the game mod list thread as Jayop’s (was it his OP?) or any of the charter threads as being “my threads”.

Not seeing the issue tbh.
    Name one othe thread that has been changed once on this forum
    Pter has repeatedly made comments about me on other related fora wrt “getting me “ he was made mod and immediatly he started altering the thread I started, why not start a new thread ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Name one othe thread that has been changed once on this forum
    Pter has repeatedly made comments about me on other related fora wrt “getting me “ he was made mod and immediatly he started altering the thread I started, why not start a new thread ?

??? It’s not about other threads being changed. It’s about this thread being changed, which is the issue you mentioned having. I gave my opinion on it. If it’s something that is a major issue for the majority then I’m sure a title can be decided on and stuck to.

Forum games is not the only forum in which the thread title is updated to reflect current discussions, btw.

Genuinely not seeing the issue. Perhaps someone could point it out to me?

And as for starting a new thread... the forum has grown. We have already had to get two new sub-fora. It’s a challenge to keep the first page clear/free for all current threads. Having more than one off-topic thread would be silly, and from a mod perspective it would be a nightmare.

IMO it makes sense to have just one off topic thread.

??? It’s not about other threads being changed. It’s about this thread being changed, which is the issue you mentioned having. I gave my opinion on it. If it’s something that is a major issue for the majority then I’m sure a title can be decided on and stuck to.

Forum games is not the only forum in which the thread title is updated to reflect current discussions, btw.

Genuinely not seeing the issue. Perhaps someone could point it out to me?

I just did
    Pter is repeatedly changing a thread title to suggest I started it
    He also has staterd he is gonna sort me
    Please lock my thread and let Pter start his own thread that he can then change the title of when ever he wants

I just did
    Pter is repeatedly changing a thread title to suggest I started it
    He also has staterd he is gonna sort me
    Please lock my thread and let Pter start his own thread that he can then change the title of when ever he wants

It’s not your thread! It’s a thread within the forum. Nobody has ownership of any thread. There is no suggestion that you started it. You have the OP in a thread. That’s all.

It’s not your thread! It’s a thread within the forum. Nobody has ownership of any thread. There is no suggestion that you started it. You have the OP in a thread. That’s all.
    The op names the thread
    I did not use the current name
    It is falsely represtng that I named the thread
    Why not close this thread and start one where the ol dosebtvmind being miss represented

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=447700&stc=1&d=1523233766

Look here
    I’m know as tigger in many irish gaming areas
    It looks like I made a post re the shower
    I did not
    I’m being misrepresented in any and all manners that Pter decides to
    It’s not fair

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=447700&stc=1&d=1523233766

Look here
    I’m know as tigger in many irish gaming areas
    It looks like I made a post re the shower
    I did not
    I’m being misrepresented in any and all manners that Pter decides to
    It’s not fair

But you’re not!!! It’s a thread title. It says nothing about you. It’s a bit of fun. A joke. A laugh. Banter. Craic.

I’m not at a computer so I can’t edit the title tonight.

But you’re not!!! It’s a thread title. It says nothing about you. It’s a bit of fun. A joke. A laugh. Banter. Craic.

I’m not at a computer so I can’t edit the title tonight.

Bullying is not banter
    Craic
    Fun

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hi
    This thread used to be about meeting the WW players.
    Now it's about what the shower Emoji means.
    If you support what this thread has become, you support the 8th amendment

(I presume that's the depth we're plumbing. I have empathy issues. Have I misread the room? What I'm saying is that FG is not WW, and if you can't see that you are filthy WW playing scum and the RPG Jets will stab every one of you sharks by sunrise. Riff lives!!!)

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Hi
    This thread used to be about meeting the WW players.
    Now it's about what the shower Emoji means.
    If you support what this thread has become, you support the 8th amendment

(I presume that's the depth we're plumbing. I have empathy issues. Have I misread the room? What I'm saying is that FG is not WW, and if you can't see that you are filthy WW playing scum and the RPG Jets will stab every one of you sharks by sunrise. Riff lives!!!)

I’m not with him
    I love him as a lost brother
    But I’m not with him

Advertisement