Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Mother says I'm her favourite, she weeps it as I feed from her bruised bosom. Come home brother, a fry up awaits, but I've eaten all the hash browns

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

You guys are weird.

That's not what you say in private, Necro. Your words are etched in salt on your pillow. I say your words, they're mostly Springsteen lyrics, but at this late time in man's long night can one really have original thoughts? Like a displaced Nordic, Bjorn in the usaaaaaa.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Banjo wrote: »
    That's not what you say in private, Necro. Your words are etched in salt on your pillow. I say your words, they're mostly Springsteen lyrics, but at this late time in man's long night can one really have original thoughts? Like a displaced Nordic, Bjorn in the usaaaaaa.

anigif_enhanced-7314-1410998477-28.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

sullivlo wrote: »
    Mod hat off for a second, posting as a boards poster.

It’s an off-topic thread where the title periodically changes to reflect the current discussion in the off topic thread.

The current discussion centres around shower emojis and I haven’t a clue what that means.

Just because you started a thread doesn’t automatically make it your own thread. It’s a discussion forum and your opening post started a discussion, which evolved into an off topic thread. I don’t look at the title and go “oh look, the title of Tiggers thread has changed”. I look at the title and go “oh look, the off topic thread title has changed”, in the same way that I don’t view the game mod list thread as Jayop’s (was it his OP?) or any of the charter threads as being “my threads”.

Not seeing the issue tbh.
    ??? It’s not about other threads being changed. It’s about this thread being changed, which is the issue you mentioned having. I gave my opinion on it. If it’s something that is a major issue for the majority then I’m sure a title can be decided on and stuck to.
    Forum games is not the only forum in which the thread title is updated to reflect current discussions, btw.

Genuinely not seeing the issue. Perhaps someone could point it out to me?
    Tigger wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=447700&stc=1&d=1523233766

Look here
    I’m know as tigger in many irish gaming areas
    It looks like I made a post re the shower
    I did not
    I’m being misrepresented in any and all manners that Pter decides to
    It’s not fair

I have a suggestion Tigger if it is bothering you so much. Delete your very first post and maybe it will default to the next person.

This thread is just the same as the BBV in the poker forums. It changes the thread name to reflect various events. No one is trying to make you look anything and tbh it actually ISNT ABOUT YOU.

Pter isn't out to get you. So put down the beer and step off the soapbox! and enjoy the off topic banter we all (99.9% ) enjoy in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Can't we all just get along?

Or even just put a mod note in post 1 to clear up any confusion about the origin of the thread title

duffman13 wrote: »
    Can't we all just get along?

Or even just put a mod note in post 1 to clear up any confusion about the origin of the thread title

Good idea. Or as I said, remove it and whoever posted next will have their name show? Unless they have an issue as well?

Look at me sex or no sex thread lol. It has my name and it was showing on the front page of boards for all to see. But I don't worry myself about things. It is only an internet forum after all. I can close my laptop lid and walk away :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Good idea. Or as I said, remove it and whoever posted next will have their name show? Unless they have an issue as well?

Look at me sex or no sex thread lol. It has my name and it was showing on the front page of boards for all to see. But I don't worry myself about things. It is only an internet forum after all. I can close my laptop lid and walk away :)

That would be me. Not sure tbh.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I have a suggestion Tigger if it is bothering you so much. Delete your very first post and maybe it will default to the next person.

This thread is just the same as the BBV in the poker forums. It changes the thread name to reflect various events. No one is trying to make you look anything and tbh it actually ISNT ABOUT YOU.

Pter isn't out to get you. So put down the beer and step off the soapbox! and enjoy the off topic banter we all (99.9% ) enjoy in this thread.

I can’t delete the post and why should I anyway
    Just let him start his own

That would be me. Not sure tbh.

:pac:

I thought QB was post No 2? but knowing that tran lady :pac:

• Advertisement

Did you not title the sex or no see thread ?
    If so how is it the same ?

Did you not title the sex or no see thread ?
    If so how is it the same ?

Thing is, if someone changed it, I wouldn't moan about it. It is only an internet forum.

Seriously. It isn't an issue. ASK a mod to remove your post. We don't need to argue about it.

AND it ISNT His thread. It is OUR thread. You started it, but it is an off topic thread. You really do like crying about things, don't you

AND it ISNT His thread. It is OUR thread. You started it, but it is an off topic thread. You really do like crying about things, don't you

Attract the post not the poster

Attract the post not the poster

Do you mean attract or attack?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I thought QB was post No 2? but knowing that tran lady :pac:

Sully must have me on Ignore, she can't see that post. :P :D pac:

quickbeam wrote: »
    Sully must have me on Ignore, she can't see that post. :P :D :pac

Yeah, can' t trust these mods :pac:

Do you mind taking over the thread? I am sure you will pull on your big girl pants. But you never know! you might not like the fame or notoriety :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I don't see what the issue is, there's loads of threads on boards that the titles change on periodically, this is our one that does.
    If Sully changed the title and not Pter would be as big of an issue?

I don't see what the issue is, there's loads of threads on boards that the titles change on periodically, this is our one that does.
    If Sully changed the title and not Pter would be as big of an issue?

The post stayed the same for a year and a half
    Then Pter was made a mod
    Then it changed the next day
    There are no threads on boards where the title changes periodically where the op has objected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Then Pter was made a mod
    There are no threads on boards where the title changes periodically where the op has objected.

I don't know about op's objecting I only know that there are threads in AH that change titles every few days.
    IMO the op doesn't own the thread the thread belongs to everyone, and people have gone off on all sorts of tangents prior to now and you had no issue with it, but Pter's done something and now you have an issue, would you have had the same issue if Sully or Pawwd Rig changed the thread title?
    Should we close and archive all Jayops threads now because he's left?

Anyway, off topic

My hubby is currently on a works trip to Cancun in Mexico. I am so super jealous it is unreal lol. It is night time for him now as he is 7 hours behind my time.

All expenses paid, cocktails from the bar IN the swimming pool, beach volleyball. Between 45-55 there. All having a great time. Mini bar in room stocked as they use it.

Tis a hard life.

meanwhile, I am in my office, working away and running between schools and all myself. :D

Then Pter was made a mod

Do you want a Mod to remove your name from the thread? a simple yes can sort this out for you.

I don't know about op's objecting I only know that there are threads in AH that change titles every few days.
    IMO the op doesn't own the thread the thread belongs to everyone, and people have gone off on all sorts of tangents prior to now and you had no issue with it, but Pter's done something and now you have an issue, would you have had the same issue if Sully or Pawwd Rig changed the thread title?
    Should we close and archive all Jayops threads now because he's left?

No but we shouldn’t misrepresent what he wrote

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Anyway, off topic

My hubby is currently on a works trip to Cancun in Mexico. I am so super jealous it is unreal lol. It is night time for him now as he is 7 hours behind my time.

All expenses paid, cocktails from the bar IN the swimming pool, beach volleyball. Between 45-55 there. All having a great time. Mini bar in room stocked as they use it.

Tis a hard life.

meanwhile, I am in my office, working away and running between schools and all myself. :D

Yeah but you're in Malta so we're not going to feel too sorry for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Anyway, off topic

Tis a hard life.

Funnily enough I was looking up holidays to Cancun yesterday for myself. I'm not sure there'd be enough to keep me amused there though. I'm not one for lying by the pool all day sipping cocktails. The Mayan ruins would be top of my list to see but apart from snorkling and getting smashed by the pool I dunno what else I'd do.

Now New Zealand on the other hand..........holy ****. Next on my list of big holidays. Costed it out at around £6,000 for the 2 of us for 3 weeks though. :(

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Funnily enough I was looking up holidays to Cancun yesterday for myself. I'm not sure there'd be enough to keep me amused there though. I'm not one for lying by the pool all day sipping cocktails. The Mayan ruins would be top of my list to see but apart from snorkling and getting smashed by the pool I dunno what else I'd do.

Now New Zealand on the other hand..........holy ****. Next on my list of big holidays. Costed it out at around £6,000 for the 2 of us for 3 weeks though. :(

He going to the Mayan ruins in a few days. Two days of PI planning then back to the excursions etc. I was so jealous at the itinerary. He wouldn't be into things like that, but I am. I planned on studying archaeology at Uni.

Don't really fancy NZ. I would go to Oz to see my sister, but that is it I guess. Never saw the big thing about living there.

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Go.
    Cancun is soulless. Visit but don't stay there. It's just a ****ing dual carriageway with a bunch of hotels on it preventing you from accessing the beach, and a Senior Frogs. There is a town, but it's almost independent of the tourist strip. Don't go scuba diving unless you're reasonably experienced. Cowboys will get you killed throwing you into very strong currents that you will need to know how to deal with.

Mexico is an incredibly varied country. Whatever you want to see, they probably have it. It's like New Zealand that way but with far more gang-related murders. Personally I'd recommend Merida, a couple of days to see the Copper Canyon (you can catch a train from Chihuahua), and some time in Mexico City (but with a mask, the air is awful and you'll have a persistent cough for months afterwards).

Regarding the elephant in the room, it probably might be no harm to shut this thread down, rename it and start up a new off-topic thread.

Rather than fighting between each other about what really is a non-issue. It might not annoy me in the same way tbh, but that's not the point. If it bothers someone who initially made the thread just close it, start another one and there's no arguments to be had?

Just a suggestion of course.

Plus.. gives me another thread to achieve top poster status in ;)

• Advertisement

This thread is just the same as the BBV in the poker forums.

That thread was started by a site admin it’s totally different

Advertisement