Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Because traditionally we've always liked to play games with the Irish.

Among other nations ;)

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And that's still enough to stop you giving blood? Madness

Yeah cos I lived there for more than 12 months between 1980 and 1996 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Good topic! Reminds me I must start donating again. Some of the restrictions are just bananas!!

Between tattoos and piercings I couldn’t donate for ages but I’m all clear now :)

Wanted to give platelets but I wasn’t allowed because of my weight :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Necro wrote: »
    Among other nations ;)

giphy.gif

lol, great gif

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Good topic! Reminds me I must start donating again. Some of the restrictions are just bananas!!

Between tattoos and piercings I couldn’t donate for ages but I’m all clear now :)

Wanted to give platelets but I wasn’t allowed because of my weight :eek:

It's comments like this that will make Tusk want you more. :)

• Advertisement

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d4166ee794139744595885d&rid=giphy.gif

Wow, there's a lot of Brits in the games section!
    I'm a mongrel myself - half Irish, half Welsh, Londoner

Where in London?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,886 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Where in London?

You'll have to wait until Ecto's next reveal :p
    My song literally has the chorus "I grew up in xxxxx", I'll not ruin Ecto's reveal by saying where :p

Ooooh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

FavoriteSpiffyAlaskanmalamute-small.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I'm home next week so I've just booked in to donate.

Spread the mad cowness a bit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

well I lived in Spain for a number fo years so I'll move my support to them then when I have to :)
    What part of Spain?

sullivlo wrote: »
    What part of Spain?

Right at the bottom Cadiz region/Andalucia.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Right at the bottom Cadiz region/Andalucia.

I worked near Cadiz (el Puerto de Santa Maria) for two summers. Spectacular part of the world. Very fond memories.

I worked near Cadiz (el Puerto de Santa Maria) for two summers. Spectacular part of the world. Very fond memories.

Yeah my fav place I've ever lived. i worked in Gibraltar but lived in Spain so best of both worlds. Paid in pounds but lived in a very healthy exchange rate in a chea country.

Gibraltar is easily the most bizarre place I ever visited.

Gibraltar is easily the most bizarre place I ever visited.

And that's just to visit!

And that's just to visit!
    Spent a few nights in Tarifa trying to surf. Took the boat to Morocco and went backpacking around Morocco, saving money by getting night trains. Ended up staying in a brothel too in Morocco. Accidentally of course. Those were good summers.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Sorry what.

Baggly wrote: »
    Sorry what.
    Which part?

• Advertisement

Trains run at night?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Which part?

The backpacking part ofc

Trains run at night?!?!?!
    Yep. Board the train at midnight. Fall asleep. Wake up in destination. Saves a fortune on accommodation.

sullivlo wrote:
    Yep. Board the train at midnight. Fall asleep. Wake up in destination. Saves a fortune on accommodation.

As does staying in brothels....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Depends if its classy or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Well she probably made money there :P:P

I did an overnight sleeper bus in Laos before.

Advice if you're there: book a double berth for one. Sleeping beside strange little Asian men is a bit.... awkward :pac:

Lol.

We arrived in Casablanca after a nightmare journey. We took a taxi to the hotel we had prebooked and the hotel had given our room to someone else. We tried a few other places and they were all full so out of desperation we asked the taxi man if he knew of any hotels. He brought us to a place and (hallelujah) they had rooms to accommodate the 5 of us. Happy days. It was expensive but we didn’t care.

Anyway. Next morning we were at breakfast and we were the only people there. Hotel was very quiet. But there had been loads of people (women in Burkas) checking in. Strange but we thought nothing of it. Spent the day exploring and doing touristy things and went back to the hotel to get our bags as we were heading on the night train. We were a bit early and decided to stay in the hotel lobby for a while rather than going to the train station because the hotel had western toilets (not squat toilets) and air con. We kept seeing streams of women in burkas checking in. They’d go up to the room and come back down with no burkas (in miniskirts) and then go into the breakfast room. There were also women leaving the breakfast room with men and heading upstairs.

Odd, we thought. One of the girls let curiosity get the better of her and went in and ran out. She saw things no body needed to see :pac: The breakfast room transformed at night into a bar. Which was unusual as Morocco is a dry country.

We got a taxi to the train and the driver asked how was our stay and we said what had happened and he told us that it’s where locals go to drink and buy sex.

kitten_k wrote: »
    Well she probably made money there :P:P
    Another reason I can’t donate blood :pac:

• Advertisement

Choc Chip wrote: »
    I'm home next week so I've just booked in to donate.

Spread the mad cowness a bit.

:pac:

I’m going to ring in the morning and see can I get a sneaky appointment for after work tomorrow, only five minutes away from the clinic :)

Advertisement