Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Maybe you are using the responsive site rather than the legacy site, I hate that site and I cant see avatars on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Seeing as blood donations have been mentioned, quite poke that plasma donations are also very welcome if people can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

How would you plasma donate? I admit my ignorance but to me plasma is something from a ghostbusters film.

Is it done like blood with a needle?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

fixxxer wrote:
    Seeing as blood donations have been mentioned, quite poke that plasma donations are also very welcome if people can.

Have they the same restrictions as blood?

If so I'm banned :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Necro wrote: »
    Have they the same restrictions as blood?

If so I'm banned :(

Stricter! :eek:

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Platelets, meant to write platelets.

Yeah Necro, restrictions are the same, sorry :(

Dandy, the put a needle in your arm then draw your blood out into a machine. The gadget does its work seperating platlettes out then it pumps the blood back in to you.

https://www.giveblood.ie/Platelets-Donation/

Takes about two hours, but they're always short of donations so I just thought I'd mention it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

What do platelets do that blood doesn't?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

quickbeam wrote: »
    What do platelets do that blood doesn't?
    Platelets are essentially what makes your blood clot. If you have a clotting disorder you don’t need the other cells so no sense in wasting them!

I just did the eligibility test and it seems because i'm british I may have mad cow deasease so can't help out, that's a shame. Maybe in the future.

I just did the eligibility test and it seems because i'm british I may have mad cow deasease so can't help out, that's a shame. Maybe in the future.

Will you be less british in future? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yep, same reason I can't Dandy. My Australian wife is eligible but I'm not :(

Though this convo made her check and now she's gonna sign up to donate so that's a good thing I suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I used to donate platelets and lapsed. I really should start donating again.

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Will you be less british in future? :pac:

Lol but maybe they'll be able to figure out something to combat the obvious weakness of being a Brit :).

how do people donate in the uk then? Do they just not care about tat part fo the screening

Lol but maybe they'll be able to figure out something to combat the obvious weakness of being a Brit :).

how do people donate in the uk then? Do they just not care about tat part fo the screening

All us British are mad cows so donating in the UK is fine as we're just passing mad cowiness to each other.

Baggly wrote: »
    I used to donate platelets and lapsed. I really should start donating again.

You should all go give blood before the August beers.

You'd be cheap dates that night. :pac:

Interesting, also in Ireland you can't donate platelets if you're gay and active sexually but you can in the UK. I'm not gay but I can't imagine there is something that goes on I'm not aware off. You'd think if you practise sex safely depends on the person, not their sexuality. Maybe I'm missing something.

If Ireland are playing England, who do you support Choc & Andy?

England, I didn't leave england until my mid to late 20's and have only been here almost 5 years.

I love my country even if I havnt lived there for over a decade.

Ireland!

No one said I was ENGLISH!!!!! :mad:

;)

Ive heard you should stop supporting England 5.5 years into living here........just fyi

• Advertisement

Baggly wrote: »
    Ive heard you should stop supporting England 5.5 years into living here........just fyi

well I lived in Spain for a number fo years so I'll move my support to them then when I have to :)

Well I came here in 2000 and I’d still support England first.

well I lived in Spain for a number fo years so I'll move my support to them then when I have to :)

Thats a good compromise. Im ok with that. Sure the Spanish are a great bunch of lads.
    Well I came here in 2000 and I’d still support England first.

You have thick skin. Just taking us longer to wear you down.

Scotland til I die.

#anyonebutengland ;)

I actually couldn't start supporting Ireland. I wouldn't know what to do if my team won...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Ireland!

No one said I was ENGLISH!!!!! :mad:

;)

Where you from Choccy?

quickbeam wrote: »
    Where you from Choccy?

The country whose national animal is a unicorn. :D

(scotland)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,886 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Wow, there's a lot of Brits in the games section!
    I'm a mongrel myself - half Irish, half Welsh, Londoner

Born in the UK myself but both parents are Irish. Moved and lived here since I was 6 though (bar a 15 month excursion in South East Asia/Australia)

Wow, there's a lot of Brits in the games section!
    I'm a mongrel myself - half Irish, half Welsh, Londoner

Because traditionally we've always liked to play games with the Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,886 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Necro wrote: »
    Born in the UK myself but both parents are Irish. Moved and lived here since I was 6 though (bar a 15 month excursion in South East Asia/Australia)

And that's still enough to stop you giving blood? Madness

Because traditionally we've always liked to play games with the Irish.

:x

Advertisement