Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadpool 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Something I remembered is that there were clips that differed from what was shown in the trailers. In some cases, the quips were better in the trailers though :|
    When he cuts through the bullets - "Ow" vs "Your bullets...they're really fast!" or what Cable says before Deadpool responds with the line about being so dark that he belongs in the DC Universe, for example

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Here's the song from the end credits

so like.. NSFW obvs :)

Also a spoiler so no embed:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI0tY5PRuHs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 NeoVaradkar

Had a few moments but untimely I thought it was bang average, story was weak and the character development poor. I mean the young X men girl and her Japanese girlfriend were in a few scenes yet had perhaps 5 words between them. The bad guy as such Cable turns out was a good guy and had too much of a 'happy ending' as such for an allegedly dark comic movie.

Domino was the best and standout character, perfect luck is a great superpower (though it was done in X files 20 years ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Had a few moments but untimely I thought it was bang average, story was weak and the character development poor. I mean the young X men girl and her Japanese girlfriend were in a few scenes yet had perhaps 5 words between them. The bad guy as such Cable turns out was a good guy and had too much of a 'happy ending' as such for an allegedly dark comic movie.

Domino was the best and standout character, perfect luck is a great superpower (though it was done in X files 20 years ago).

Hi.

You're wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,884 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hi Yukio!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Domino appeared in comincs 26 years ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 NeoVaradkar

Hi.

You're wrong.

How can an opinion be wrong?.

If I think it was pretty crap you ain't gonna change my mind!.

Yawning the whole way through it.

Domino was a cool character though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

do you reckon it would be suitable for a young teenager?
    my son is desperate to see it and I'm usually really strict when it comes to ratings. he's a massive marvel fan etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

angeldaisy wrote: »
    my son is desperate to see it and I'm usually really strict when it comes to ratings. he's a massive marvel fan etc...

You planning on bringing him 3 times? :)

Eh,I'm not sure about the teenage son seeing it.
    It totally depends on the kids maturity. Theres swearing,uber violence and sexual references galore. But it's great fun.
    I'd bring my teenager (15) but your kid ain't my kid.
    If you're as strict about movie ratings as you say,it's probably best to avoid this....

Hope that helps....?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Uncharted wrote: »
    You planning on bring him 3 times? :)

Eh,I'm not sure about the teenage son seeing it.
    It totally depends on the kids maturity. Theres swearing,uber violence and sexual references galore. But it's great fun.
    I'd bring my teenager (15) but your kid ain't my kid.
    If you're as strict about movie ratings as you say,it's probably best to avoid this....

Hope that helps....?

ha... really crappy connection here! deleting them now !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Ive been looking forward to this but alas its not the best. Felt kinda flat or something, like it had pacing problems. I loved the first movie. I remember walking out of the cinema with my faith restored in movies. But this sequel was much ado about nothing. The first film had a pretty strong storyline and the jokes were framed around that. But here it seems the opposite was true. I read that original director left the sequel because of the dreaded creative differences.........Id love to know what really went on because i think this movie wouldve been a lot better had they stuck with the original director.
    Anyway this was disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Went I went, I seen some father taking his young fella out 10 minutes in...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Brought my then 15 and 16 year old to the 1st one (epic sex scene) awkward as ****.

Didnt this time, no sex scenes just violence and dismemberment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ah man people, it took me way too long to recover from the baby legs.
    I love how it was teased out, I was giggling thinking about it and then when I saw it I lost it.

I loved how there was a subtle dig at "just go back and undo it too" but not all of them.

I found the kid incredibly annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,008 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

razorblunt wrote: »
    Ah man people, it took me way too long to recover from the baby legs.
    I love how it was teased out, I was giggling thinking about it and then when I saw it I lost it.

I loved how there was a subtle dig at "just go back and undo it too" but not all of them.

I found the kid incredibly annoying though.

That was the real Academy “for your consideration” moment to me.

Second viewing in a high def theater wasn’t as great as the cheap seats I got on prerelease night because of the atmosphere of 200 Deadpool fans laughing their asses off vs a half empty stadium on a Tuesday night. But I could at least now distinguish the opera lyrics to “Holy ****balls” - but the 2nd viewing obviously you pick up on how much Deadpool isn’t just a comedy but a legit superhero movie and props to them for that. Obviously great moments like
    over the rainbow
    were not expected in this franchise, as were many other things (
    like surprise-killing ‘Jared Kushner’ and the attempt on Baldylocks Which was actually a bit of a gut punch in context of the story
    ) but I digress. I still giggle about
    cocaine and dubstep (is for pussies.). Brolin delivers so god damn much in this movie.

Celine Dion’s Ashes is also a surprisingly great track not that we didn’t have a great soundtrack overall (eg. “We belong” used very tastefully) and the video is mildly spoilery if you hate knowing which stick footage you haven’t yet seen during your movie. But hey Celine Dion, folks, you have to appreciate that vocal range... take it away Canada:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Deadpool 2 was amazing! Really enjoyed every part of the film. It's tightly woven and tells a great story.

I particularly liked how everything made sense. There were no gaps in the movie where you had to guess what and why it happened. The movie carefully guides the viewer through the story. Everyone has a place and a part in the movie.

I generally don't laugh in movies as it's rude and interrupts the viewing experience of the other movie goers but Deadpool 2 finally made me break. Genuinely let out a good few chuckles during the movie.
    I loved how they dealt with X-Force. That was absolutely brilliant.

And Domino is drop dead gorgeous! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Fantastic, probably a rare case of the sequel been better then the original, which I still adore.

First of
    The stuff with X Force jumping out of the plan was laugh out moment of the year. Aside from Domino, all the other members dying was laugh out funny
    . Zazie Beetz as Domino was easy on the eye and definitely a good addition to the Deadpool world. Josh Brolin was very good as Cable and hopefully we see more of the good chemistry between him and Reynolds. But this film belongs to Ryan Reynold's as Deadpool. The little leg's moment was another laugh out funny moment. I did like the James Bond like opening credits too.

I did like the
    X-Men cameo
    too, that was a nice moment. Overall a great addition into the superhero film universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I loved the first Deadpool film when I saw it in the cinema, but I recently rewatched it on Netflix in anticipation of the sequel and thought "what a stupid film" :)

We went to see Deadpool 2 today, and just like before, I really enjoyed in. A good few funny moments, and I especially loved the little ciips at the end. But.... I have the same feeling as before. I think if I rewatch this in the future, I'll just go "meh".

Big thumbs up for Zazie Beetz as Domino, she looked great and the character had real charisma. I look forward to seeing more of her in films. Good stuff from Josh Brolin also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭budhabob

Went to see this last night, thoroughly enjoyed it! Plenty of laugh out loud moments through out, but a decent stitched together story.

The kid was excellent in wilderness (or something like that) but basically plays the same character here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

The first one did it all before and did it better. This is an absolute waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭redblaze

verycool wrote: »
    The first one did it all before and did it better. This is an absolute waste of time.

You're wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

redblaze wrote: »
    You're wrong

:D

Differing opinions differ.

So, in mine, all the jokes were copy and pastes from the first. I felt it was all over the place and the kid was doing the exact same schtick he was doing in Hunt for the Wilderpeople.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I've seen this twice over the last few days. It's excellent. Better than the first installment.

I creased at the babylegs bit - it evoked a memory of the Rick and Morty Detective Babylegs and I just hoped there'd be a similar running bit

• Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just watched it tonight for first time was expecting him to reference Nelson not Olaf for the yentl bit, Jebus this is a very dark movie it was very funny but such dark undertones

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Watched it the weekend, thought was very good movie for what it was,
    Although the kid was very annoying and shoutey ,

• Registered Users Posts: 85,613 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

So a 10 minute version of the movie is due out in December?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I really loved this movie, actually prefer it to the first one! Hit me in the feels and made me laugh. Never been a Ryan Reynolds fan but I just love him as Deadpool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

I really loved this movie, actually prefer it to the first one! Hit me in the feels and made me laugh. Never been a Ryan Reynolds fan but I just love him as Deadpool.

You didn't like van wilder?

Advertisement