Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadpool 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What's with all the Firefly posters?

Reynolds and Fillion would be friends from years back they starred in a series together they also have a bit of a twitter bromance going on.

Reynolds and Fillion would be friends from years back they starred in a series together they also have a bit of a twitter bromance going on.

Yeah, they did Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place but just interested if there was more to it like above

David Harbour is now looking like he is favorite to play Cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

David Harbour is now looking like he is favorite to play Cable.

Great actor, would have the right look. Not the obvious choice or safe big-name choice.

I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zazie Beetz Cast as Domino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Expect a few Zod jokes if he does he the role.

Would prefer David Harbour to be honest

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is he not also playing Thanos for Marvel?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

talk about coming out of left field !

:D

could be good though. ok looks feck all like the character but he was class doing his impersonation of tommy lee jones in Men in Black 3.

so we know he's got the comedy chops. i can see the guy working very well with reynolds and they can deffo play it up .

i mean come on straight off the batt when deadpool first meets cable he HAS to shout "ho **** its thanos !"

:D:D:D

Deadpool 2 will be released on June 1, 2018

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I hope Deadpool makes a Goonies reference or perhaps he asks Cable "Where is your glove?"

• Advertisement

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I hope Deadpool makes a Goonies reference or perhaps he asks Cable "Where is your glove?"

Push him off a road, when he is on a bike

Jack Kesy to play villain Black Tom
    Source Deadline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jack Kesy to play villain Black Tom
    Source Deadline

For those interested in what this is but scared to look, this is casting news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

It begins!

jmq3uy6.png

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I'm keeping my eyes peeled around the city.

• Advertisement

First image of Domino

DGEx5CXUMAI3EuQ?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,898 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Can't unsee the comparison.

latest?cb=20101006190616

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

First look at Josh Brolin as Cable.

wYgILtd.jpg

Hk6ioc3.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Stunt driver lost her life today. Sad to hear.

https://twitter.com/yvrshoots/status/897162983054360576

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Official description
    After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover.

The release date has moved up to May 18th, 2018 instead of it's June release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

The release date has moved up to May 18th, 2018 instead of it's June release date.

Huzzah!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Hopefully its better than the first one, couldnt understand the hard ons some got for it
    I watched it with a big deadpool fan and he came out disappointed as well
    I do think Reynolds is perfect for the role

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

irishman86 wrote: »
    Hopefully its better than the first one, couldnt understand the hard ons some got for it

I'm guessing given the success of the first, this will be the exact same turned up to 11. I doubt anyone who disliked the first will enjoy the sequel.

• Advertisement

irishman86 wrote: »

There were definitely missteps in the first one imo. And I imagine they couldn't go too crazy due to both the budget and risking alienating people who wouldn't know Deadpool and how properly batsh*t crazy he can be.

But I still enjoyed the first one a hell of a lot and really hope they can keep it going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The wait begins!

What a feeling!

:cool:

From video description
    After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Reynolds as Deadpool cracks me up....

I can´t wait for this movie...

Saw a screenshot in the comments in reddit showing a surprise actor in the movie
    Spoiler tagging it just in case you want to be surprised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

This just looks fantastic, I can't wait for the people to arrive and slate it based on the trailer despite the fact everyone knows what they're going to get from this movie.

I think I'll avoid any further trailers for it now, May can't come quick enough.

Rob liefield, Reynolds and Brolin having fun on Instagram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,554 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Arlene Foster confirmed for film

u0xazyn4hte01.png

• Advertisement

That took me a second to see it :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I did enjoy that time's up bit at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Interest nod to the Goonies in that trailer

https://twitter.com/TheRyanParker/status/961265091885744128

dammit... I better watch the Goonies again...

https://www.criticalhit.net/entertainment/rumour-deadpool-2-test-screening-performing-really-poorly-fox-stunned-negative-reactions/

Deadpool 2 undergoing reshoots based on poor reception at test screenings. Hopefully it's nothing major, though considering the films is due for release in 2 months, bit late to be undergoing reshoots.

Sadness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,026 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Not good news at all, I suppose you take away Tim Miller and you lose part of the magic that made the first movie great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Test screens, i fucking hate that shit, letting a bunch of randoms yahoos dictate whats good/bad. Release your vision Mr Director god damnit! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

nix wrote: »
    Test screens, i fucking hate that shit, letting a bunch of randoms yahoos dictate whats good/bad. Release your vision Mr Director god damnit! :mad:

When you've a comedy heavy film I think they're absolutely necessary. Imagine living with a joke for maybe up to two years. How does any individual maintain a barometer for what's actually funny and works in that timeframe. It's not much different from a comedian hitting the road to perfect their set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

When you've a comedy heavy film I think they're absolutely necessary. Imagine living with a joke for maybe up to two years. How does any individual maintain a barometer for what's actually funny and works in that timeframe. It's not much different from a comedian hitting the road to perfect their set.

If the people you're working with are laughing at it, thats a good sign. Anyway, i doubt they're reshooting jokes/one liners by the sounds of the links above, if they wanna test the humour, fair enough, but dont change the vision of the story told is what i mean..

• Advertisement
Advertisement