Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadpool 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,101 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Damn sad day for comic fans, wonder would Mel Gibson sign on as Cable and direct this too.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Damn sad day for comic fans, wonder would Mel Gibson sign on as Cable and direct this too.:pac:

Sad for anyone who enjoyed the first film, I reckon. It worked because they were very obviously allowed just do their thing (Reynolds & Miller, I mean). This is a blow to the creativity they showed in the first...

First one was bloody great, would they risk Ryan Reynolds directing it himself I wonder, any creative differences would be unimportant then I would assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Interesting that the creative differences are with Reynolds and not the studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

Some sources are explaining the 'creative differences' as Miller wanting to take the sequel in a more stylized direction while Reynolds wanted to keep the R-rated comedy of the original. Plus the casting of Kyle Chandler as Cable seems to have been a sticking point - Miller wanted Chandler but Reynolds didn't and the studio backed RR on that issue. http://www.thewrap.com/deadpool-director-tim-miller-exit-ryan-reynolds-creative-differences/

Personally I'm not too worried, throwing away the tone of the original film would be a mistake and I always thought Chandler would make a poor choice for Cable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,438 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really like Kyle Chandler but never in a million years is he Cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Stephen Lang is the only man to cast as Cable.

Rory28 wrote: »

He is an obvious choice, maybe too old but that's about it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Rory28 wrote: »

Ron Perlman says you're wrong.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Ron Perlman says you're wrong.

He's even older FFS

Throw one out there, an in shape Clancy Brown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Because Cable's young and in his prime. :rolleyes:

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Because Cable's young and in his prime. :rolleyes:

Think about it for a minute.
    First off, Cable is a physical badass

Second, studio can make a 45 year old look like Cable, with some grey hair and make-up

Third, think about a sequel in 4-5 years...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

They should hire Hugh Jackman as cable, just play it off that it ain't no thangggg.

Clancy Brown would make a good Cable, Thomas Jane would too. Just don't pick Ivan Drago...

• Registered Users Posts: 85,627 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Quentin Tarantino to direct sequel perhaps?

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/724981/Quentin-Tarantino-Deadpool-2-movie-Tim-Miller-Ryan-Reynolds

I wouldn't mind seeing either Brad Pitt or Daniel Craig as Cable

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

In recent days when the idea of a younger actor popped up, I did think 'lol, how about Hugh Jackman' but that's an absolute no. You can't cross wolverine into cable. Everything is against this. My bets is that there would be a higher chance of a Hugh Jackman Wolverine cameo. I bet he would too. He could be part of the cable future or a flashback during it.

Anyway, then I thought, you know who might be a choice for Cable... Gerard Butler. He's got that typecast history of soldiering thing. He's probably not expensive after London Falling being a flop. It'd all depend on how well written the script is and how well the new director could handle Butler.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Slydice wrote:
    Anyway, then I thought, you know who might be a choice for Cable... Gerard Butler. He's got that typecast history of soldiering thing. He's probably not expensive after London Falling being a flop. It'd all depend on how well written the script is and how well the new director could handle Butler.

He's also shït!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,360 ✭✭✭✭Penn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Sorry to be blunt, but did you even read the article? It's a petition some guy set up. That's all.

I would hate for Tarantino to direct this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I would hate for Tarantino to direct this.

Tarantino won't direct Deadpool II or any superhero film he does his own films. Personally I think Kevin Smith might be the best choice he knows the source material, understands the character and can bring humor

• Advertisement

Ray Stevenson can play Cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Ray Stevenson can play Cable.

He may have a prohibitive contract with Marvel Studios but a good shout...

He may have a prohibitive contract with Marvel Studios but a good shout...

Sh1t ye I forgot he was tied down to Thor.

Inside the ‘Deadpool 2’ Fight Over ‘Two Totally Different Movies’ (Exclusive)
    In initial sequel talks, Reynolds, Reese and Wernick envisioned a “scrappy,” raunchy and inexpensive movie, the insider said — in the vein of the first, which earned over $780 million worldwide on a $58 million budget. It’s a stunning return on a film Reynolds lobbied 11 years to make.

Miller, known more for his visual flair than for the brash antics that Reynolds and his writers embraced and that fans loved, wanted a more stylish take, one that would compete with mega-budget superhero movies, insiders said. But it would have cost three times as much as the original $58 million film, the first individual said.

“There were two totally different movies on the table, and one of them just wasn’t ‘Deadpool,” said the first insider, who is familiar with both concepts.

Reynolds, Reese and Wernick’s vision won.

http://www.thewrap.com/inside-the-deadpool-2-fight-over-two-totally-different-movies/

• Registered Users Posts: 85,627 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Penn wrote: »
    Sorry to be blunt, but did you even read the article? It's a petition some guy set up. That's all.

A petition that could work :p anyways has QT ever directed anything he didn't write or be involved in the final script, even for CSI he co wrote the episodes he did

• Registered Users Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

QT would be a poor choice as a director for Deadpool2, I would go with Kevin Smith, the first one was always going to be tough act to follow, also how about old Negan himsel Jeffrey Dean Morgan for Cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Stephen Lang or Henry Rollins as Cable would make perfect sense looks-wise.

Lang also wants to do it, he's been campaigning online for the role for ages :pac:

I'd take Jon Hamm as Cable. He can pull off the seriousness of Cable but is also a pretty good comic actor.

QT would be a poor choice as a director for Deadpool2, I would go with Kevin Smith, the first one was always going to be tough act to follow, also how about old Negan himsel Jeffrey Dean Morgan for Cable?

Smith doesn't have the ability to direct action scenes. Even with his episodes of the Flash and Supergirl he's been talking about how he just relies on the people who work on the shows every week to do the most of it.

I doubt they'll even try get any kind of big name director. They'll just get someone who has directed a bit of action and comedy before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Just give eh t'Gibson and let's be done with it.

Advertisement