Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm a bit sick of self destruct get drunk same ole same ole for her, whose next for her to sleep with, Jai?

It's a bit like Carla in Coronation Street.

fin12 wrote: »
    It's a bit like Carla in Coronation Street.

At least Kerry is a bit of craic though. They should just give her funny storylines. Carla was just wall to wall misery

Herself Jimmy and Nicola (Nico) are the funniest in the show. Bernice has her moments and is good when she is with Jimmy and Nicola. She can be cringey too though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I think Kerry is a great character and really nails the comedy role on the head, but she also manages to do dramatic well when it's called for. Up there with Tim and Sally in Corrie as the best comedy performers in Soap.

Agreed. Kerry is good at both the comic and the dramatic.

I liked Kerry and Dan together at first, but of late especially, Dan's character seemed to get very dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,640 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If she wouldn't drink the place dry, Kerry would be good behind the Wooly bar :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

Just tuned in briefly last night. Why is Rakesh working in the factory? Is he trying to pay back the Sharmas all the money he took? In which case he'll be working for a very long time.

The Wooly really needs some new bar staff alright. Victoria's fine but Charity, Chas and Marlon aren't exactly inspiring to look at with your pint or pie............

• Advertisement

Radio5 wrote: »
    Just tuned in briefly last night. Why is Rakesh working in the factory? Is he trying to pay back the Sharmas all the money he took? In which case he'll be working for a very long time.

The Wooly really needs some new bar staff alright. Victoria's fine but Charity, Chas and Marlon aren't exactly inspiring to look at with your pint or pie............

Yes why is Rakesh working in the factory, I thought he was employed as a solicitor at a big firm and how is paying for the young daughter's private education :confused:

Yes why is Rakesh working in the factory, I thought he was employed as a solicitor at a big firm and how is paying for the young daughter's private education :confused:

He was more or less blackened as a solicitor after his involvement in his sons coverup

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

I think Rhonas new guy has his job now - I think he got him fired from the solicitors.

Kerry breaks in, eats and drinks all, trashes the place and she is suing :confused::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Kerry breaks in, eats and drinks all, trashes the place and she is suing :confused::rolleyes:

The modern world im afraid!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The Kerry story is just...............wierd?? I assumed it was meant to be just for comedic side plot purposes but the showrunners seem to be taking it as a half serious story in itself. Maybe it is leading up to something? All a bit strange!

The Kerry story is just...............wierd?? I assumed it was meant to be just for comedic side plot purposes but the showrunners seem to be taking it as a half serious story in itself. Maybe it is leading up to something? All a bit strange!

Im finding it hard to take it anyway serious (i know its only a soap!), just hope its leading somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Maybe a showdown with Jai, he says okay you can have your job back then it's all forgotten.

I think it was the fact that the episode ended on it. You rarely, if ever see a soap with the last scene being a comedic plot. A farewell scene sometimes or a wedding or something but mainly last scene involves a dramatic plot. It just felt out of the ordinary. So it was confusing why they would end the episode with what was perceived as a somewhat comedy sideplot and scene. I mean it wasn't a shock development either.
    I just didn't know what it was all about or was it leading to something serious like Kerry eating all the chocolate and drinking so much that they walked in on her unconscious or dead due to her diabetes.

As I said, it just seems...........strange.

Maybe a showdown with Jai, he says okay you can have your job back then it's all forgotten.

Or in bed together :p Kerry and Jai

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

Or another encounter between Sam and Jai, since Sam has history with Jai and now has a thing for Kerry..

Or a royal rumble with Jai, Dan, Sam, Andy, Ross Barton and that guy from last week.

Does Diane know now it was Ross who shot Robert for Andy, did Chrissie tell her all?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Does Diane know now it was Ross who shot Robert for Andy, did Chrissie tell her all?

Don't think she mentioned it was Ross.

This development in the storyline is actually quite good but Diane's acting is awful.
    Chrissie is getting better at playing the bitch.

I don't get the Whites and shotguns. I thought there were strict laws on storage like in locked gun cabinets. They must leave theirs lying around on the table with the salt and pepper.

• Advertisement

Don't think she mentioned it was Ross.

This development in the storyline is actually quite good but Diane's acting is awful.
    Chrissie is getting better at playing the bitch.

Terrible acting!! When she got arrested and put in the police car..:o!
    I don't get the Whites and shotguns. I thought there were strict laws on storage like in locked gun cabinets. They must leave theirs lying around on the table with the salt and pepper.

Laurence had just been out shooting, thats why it was on table.
    But they do seem to have the shotguns out a lot!!

I think Paddy will make a move on Chas, both are single

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Poor Chas

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

i actually really like when bitchy Chrissie is on screen!, Diane's acting was terrible! I usually like kerry but all week it was just repeating the same thing in every episode :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The notice on the wall in the Police Station said they were being recorded on CCTV- Chrissie , Rebecca and their father . They did enough talking about what happened with the shooting so I was wondering could that be used against them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Amy (Chelsea Halfpenny) is currently in Casualty in what seems like a developing plot so don't think she'll be back soon. She seems to be going on the backburner next week, maybe get back with Dan?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Baby4 wrote: »
    Will the Kerry storyline end up with her being homeless? Or maybe Amy will come back to 'save' her?

Surely this repetitive crap storyline is going somewhere...........

Amy won't be back. She is busy working in a hospital for bBBC

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I thought they were going to get back together when he turned up back from Germany and discovered Rhona with Pierce. Rhona obviously still has the hots for Paddy though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭kjbsrah1

I think they are building a slow burner story of domestic violence with Pierce and Rhona. And are going to show the DV is not just about violence but the mind control and emotional abuse side.

Advertisement