Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster v Castres 15/10/2016, RDS, 3.15 - BT Sports 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Great tackle Joey

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Start them in Chicago, I say!
    Neil3030 wrote: »
    This Carberry-Henshaw-Ringrose axis could become something very very special.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

About time the referee has called an offside, the line has been getting more and more offside for the last 10 mins

This is going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

How are Castres players, and O'Driscoll, unaware of that law?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭TeoReid

Furlong had been going well. Off now. Injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

McGrath shouldn't be brought back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Not so good now.
    PT and Luke in the bin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

really poor finish to the half

• Registered Users Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Leinster should be further ahead than this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Completely needless pressure on us here - stupid penalty on our own possession in midfield, then a yellow card and sin bin off the resulting penalty/lineout-maul. Daftness.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Under very little pressure but we've let Castres back in the game.

Luke McGrath has really struggled. Definitely worth looking to JGP in the second half.

Overall a good performance though. A bonus point win should be the minimum target from here.

This is where Leinster will miss Madigan and his ability to play 9.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

How are Castres players, and O'Driscoll, unaware of that law?

Surprising that O'Driscoll said "I've never seen that before". I'm pretty sure it happened for Toulon during a Leinster match in the 2014 HC. QF, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Luke McGrath has been lightning at the breakdown but his box kicking has been brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Rob Kearney has completely lost any attacking threat with ball in hand, he consistently slows down before contact does'nt use his feet and gets dumped on his ass every single time, thank god he can catch a high ball though....

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Clegg wrote: »
    McGrath shouldn't be brought back on.

He's been shocking today, over ran for the ringrose break, and very sloppy passing and a few sloppy box kicks. Conditions aren't helping but sometimes players just have them days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

This is where Leinster will miss Madigan and his ability to play 9.

Well now that you mention it, Joey Carbery played 9 at underage level. Pretty sure he played 9 for the u18s.

Hagz wrote: »
    Well now that you mention it, Joey Carbery played 9 at underage level. Pretty sure he played 9 for the u18s.

Excellent, we can start both him and Sexton in Chicago :)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

carbery to 9, Isa to 10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Decent enough half from Leinster, but a poor way to finish the first 40. Told ya not starting the 2 Kiwi halves was a selection mistake :D

Carbery looks composed, you'd almost swear he grew up playing rugby in NZ...

Castres are just a bit shìt to be honest, Leinster should take this out easily enough if they stick to their guns and don't gift points to the opposition.

IE, a lot more than Madigan has ever done!

There's no need to panic, we are still well on top. Just that last passage left it a lot closer than it should have been.

Just in case there's any confusion, my Madigan at 9 post was a joke...

Neil3030 wrote: »
    There's no need to panic, we are still well on top. Just that last passage left it a lot closer than it should have been.

Castres' biggest source of territory has been Leinster errors. Just have to tighten up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭TeoReid

Just in case there's any confusion, my Madigan at 9 post was a joke...

If you have to explain it...

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Connacht2KXX

Bit mad how McGrath got a yellow considering Castres were constantly infringing in our 22.

McGrath has been woeful. Over the last year, he has really improved but is just having one of those days. His passing from the base has regressed significantly today. Hopefully, he'll be back to himself next week but JGP should be launched onto the pitch immediately.

Carberry has made some significant contributions. His handling is exceptional, even more impressive considering McGrath's inability to pass.

Henshaw is my Man of the first half. Thrown himself into everything. Great tackling, lovely hands, high work ethic. His partnership with Carberry inside and Ringrose (who has also played very well) outside is great to watch.

Furlong took the Castres loosehead to he cleaners. He popped up in every scrum and somehow only got penalised once. Anyone know why he went off?

Promising performance so far, minus some lapses in defense. A try in the next 10 mins should kill the game

Man there's nothin Van der Flier can't do. Smiling away at some lad who has him by the throat. You can't coach that.

• Advertisement

Isa playing 9. He's like a Swiss army knife.

Advertisement