Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CRU (formerly CER) review of charging infrastructure

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

Orebro wrote: »
    Yeah, the pub talk about me mates Passat TDI with 600k Kms on it and he only changed the oil twice in 10 years - really helpful.

Not what I said

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

thierry14 wrote: »
    I dont think you have been paying attention either

They will be throw away, no doubt

Will you be keeping your Ioniq for 10 years, no you won't.

Why would you want that crap when a battery breakthrough comes, because with the money going around there will be one

No one wants a 150km at best car, totally impracticale and useless to the general public

You don't know whats around the corner tech wise, so dont be so confident the EV's of today will be desirable in 10 years ( they are not even desirable today lol, besides the Teslas)

I've a 150km EV , it now has 80,000km after 20 months . So obviously it's " totally impractical " and " useless "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

Rest are just stopgaps like Ioniq, i3, Golf, Leaf until better tech comes along
    Everything is just stop gap - technology keeps progressing. We live in the present and work with whats available.

They are throw away cars, in 10 years they will be fit for the bin, with degradatation making them town only cars.

Whats wrong with a town only car? You've confirmed that theres a use case. Otherwise at year 10 - whats the book value of any economy car..?
    Theres a whole host of people out there that dont realise just yet they've the right driving profile for a gen 1 Leaf - let alone anything more recent.
    thierry14 wrote:
    You don't know whats around the corner tech wise, so dont be so confident the EV's of today will be desirable in 10 years ( they are not even desirable today lol, besides the Teslas)
    We all want a Tesla but many people have to work with whats affordable to them. If what you say is true why is it that only 7% of listings right now of available Leafs on autotrader UK are available for the first 3 model years? They're pretty scarce....so someone sees a value proposition in them for their driving circumstances (to the extent that theres not much value to be had at that end of the market).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

We need to stop engaging with Thierry14s nonsense. Haters hate etc.

I've no issue with rational arguments , but just posting anti EV invective sounds like a desire to start an argument rather then debate

Advertisement