Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cremation or Burial?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Alun wrote: »
    Wasn't that Spike Milligan?

It was yeah but the church in the UK where he was buried wouldn't allow it initially, and some of his family also had issues with it I believe but in the end some agreement was reached that they would allow it if it was written As Gaeilge. I think at one stage his gravestone was removed and brought to another graveyard after some row. Families, eh.
    Sciprio wrote: »
    I want to be cremated and then snorted by the grandkids.

Keith Richards snorted his father's ashes but sure he's snorted everything else and so why not I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 airportlackie

Cremation all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Cryogengics
    i'd like to be as much of a pain in the arsé in Death as I was in Life :D

Funny I've found most people want the opposite. They want to cause the least trouble and fuss.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Cremation
    Burial for me

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Donate
    So it looks like the majority polled here wish to be cremated. I'm not that surprised - cremation is becoming more and more popular. I'd say in 50 years time most people here will be cremated when they go. Cremation will become much more available due to the growing demand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Donate
    JupiterKid wrote: »
    So it looks like the majority polled here wish to be cremated. I'm not that surprised - cremation is becoming more and more popular. I'd say in 50 years time most people here will be cremated when they go. Cremation will become much more available due to the growing demand.

I wish ireland would hurry up building more crems then because cremation has been available extensively across UK for decades and what there is like 3 or 4 areas in Ireland that only offer it at the moment?

Advertisement