Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

My understanding the value of the house is still 500K. So your mortgage will be max 90%. So a max mortgage of 450K.

You need a deposit of 50K. You can use your 30K HTB meaning you only need 20K cash right now but a mortgage will need to be for 450.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

Question on how to the HTB process works.

If I have a new build at 500K. If I pay the deposit of 30K to the builder in cash.

Can I still claim the 30K HTP when paying off the remaining 470 at drawdown?

Ie 30K HTB + 20K savings + 420K mortgage. Appreciate any help

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cooper2707

Hi

I want to apply for the HTB in 2023. I have a letter of offer from the bank and I have started our self build. I want to make our first drawdown in January as HTB require you to show evidence that your drawdown was in the same year as HTB you are claiming. The bank said that if I want to apply for the HTB 2023, I need to apply with revenue in January, send them the code and provide payslips, salary cert, etc again. This will take weeks and I can't wait that long. I am not using HTB as my deposit and it wasn't part of my current offer letter.

My question is, can I draw down the first stage in January and claim the help to buy without informing the bank. I have read the revenue circular and it doesn't state anywhere that you need to make the bank aware that you are claiming HTB. Any one help me with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 livelifelove

Hi

Just submitted my application for help to buy on revenue. Does any one know current approval times?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lisa2215

Hi

I understand revenue can clawback a %of HTB if you sell property within 5 years but has anyone first hand experience of this. Struggling to get a definite answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Has anyone claimed HTB with 2023 contract dates yet?

When I put in 2023 dates for contracts signed it limits to 20,000 but 30,000 if use 2022 dates. I thought 2023 HTB was still the 30,000 not back down so maybe issue with Revenue site.

Wondering if anyone else come across the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Arun Thomas

Thinking of Reapplying the HTB scheme because house is expected to completed around end of March this year.My current HTB application is at the claim Stage.I already gave the claim number to the builder also.But If i could claim my last years tax I will get some more refund.But what are the chances of getting it approved.Will there be a delay from Revenue side and Do I need to inform the builder about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Corkselfbuilder

Hi all, hoping I came to the right place for advice! I applied for HTB online today, for myself and husband.

I received a message at the end saying my application is under review as my husband has to confirm membership which is fine and also because my income tax return for 2022 hasn’t been completed. I just completed income tax return now and have actually overpaid the revenue tax for 2022.

Did anyone else experience this and how long did it take for your HTB application to be processed after this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sp9612

Did you get any more info/details on this? I was wondering the same, if the HTB from after 2022 would be 20k or 30k cap. The original scheme was only 20k, but the enhanced scheme that was extended originally until the end of 2022 was for 30k. So not sure if the extension after 2022 is for 20k or 30k.

Thanks

I sent a query through and they said it's a technical error and to use 2022 date and they'd leave a comment on the submission to explain. I'd say you should just send the enquiry through to them so they know first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Katlen89

Hi, Yes we are having the same problem at the moment, We applied for the help to buy on 5th Jan and it is still saying our application is under review. We have contact them in My Enquires but have received no response yet and I have also phoned and they couldn't help but just advised me to follow up in My Enquires.

Have you received any response or your approval yet? Very frustrating with no advice on how to solve the problem.

Best of luck with getting your approval 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Katlen89

Hi, thanks for sharing this advice. Good to know.

Just wondering how long it took you to receive a reply to your enquiry on the website?

They didn't seem to be aware of it when I initially raised it but they were taking around a day each time to reply on average

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭MightyDucks

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if building an extension qualifies you for HTB? House was inherited.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭poker2k9

I wouldn't think so, since it applies to build of a new property. Even secondhand buyers can't get HTB

• Registered Users Posts: 2 claudia05

Hi, just wondering did your application got approved? we applied on the 27th of Jan and still waiting ( almost 6 weeks )..

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Rosieposie2021

Hi all, does anyone know what happens in this scenario. Signed contracts last year and developer claimed HTB, the house won't be ready until late this year. We will have to re apply for mortgage closer to completion date as our offer has ran out. Contract states we will get deposit back if the bank will no longer loan us the funds we need, just with increasing interest rates we are just curious what would happen with HTB if the bank refuse to give the mortgage amount we need. Would the developer have to send the money claimed back to revenue? Or would we owe this? Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kingcole77

Hi does anybody had an underpayment for paye for the years you have applied for HTB. We had an underpayment of 6k and have cleared this now revenue are saying this amount won't be added to the HTB application. Has anybody had this issue? Any help would be appreciated as trying to get an answer from revenue is impossible. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 emma127

Hey, just wondering how long did your approval take after? Currently waiting 6/7 weeks and still under review. Contacted revenue and they basically said they’re reviewed in the order they come in but gave no timeline

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭spupazza

Hi all, I plan to apply for the HTB scheme soon (self-build). I have a question about the scheme: If I apply today for the HTB scheme, from when do they start counting the four years back for the amount of income tax and DIRT I've paid? From 2023 or 2022?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭nhg

You can include 2019, 2020, 2021 &2022 in your application. 4 previous years.

2023 cannot be included in an application now as it’s the current tax year, it could be included in an application in 2024

thanks for the reply. If I commence the building works in 2023 and submit the application in 2024, will 2023 be counted?

Also, for self-build, does the purchase of the site count towards the total costs of the house relative to the HTB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 njacotter

Hi! Did you ever figure this out? Am in the same situation!

Unfortunately I'm still looking for the answer, please let me know if you figured it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LostBreadcrumb

Hi, a quick but important question about the Help to Buy scheme - if I haven't paid income tax in Ireland for 4 years yet (due to moving recently), would that disqualify me from the scheme? Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Repo101

It wouldn't disqualify you, you just need to apply for the years you were working here.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Laura99

How did this going in the end, we are in a similar boat but our house doesn’t even have external doors/windows

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DoctorRV

During the claim stage there is a required document called “Mortgage acceptance form” what the hell is it ? All I have is a Statement of suitability and Letter of Offer from AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Rita57

Hi folks 

does anyone have any experience of applying for help to buy after they have paid LPT? I have called Revenue and asked this but they advised to apply for HTB but when I do am being told I cannot apply as in registered for LPT??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭reddanmm

Does anyone know what awaiting confirmation membership mean. My daughter got this back from revenue. No explanation anywhere for it and ringing them is useless.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement