Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021/22

Options

Comments

callaway92 wrote: »
    Poor back 9 - game over for him I think

T55 after back nine tumble, highly unlikely Power will earn his card this weekend. All is not lost however, he'll be exempt for the 'Korn Ferry' Tour Finals. There's fight in him yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Awful performance last week in the web finals but much better stuff on day one this week. Needs a good performance

Awful performance last week in the web finals but much better stuff on day one this week. Needs a good performance

Looks like I have jinxed him again. Has been in freefall since a great front 9 yesterday

so what next for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

glasso wrote: »
    so what next for him?

He will still get some starts but I would expect he’ll be playing quite a few Korn Ferry events.

Not sure if it is worthwhile taking up invites to PGA tour if they clashed with Korn Ferry events.

Certainly the ‘lesser’ PGA tour events for 2020 start quite soon so if he was to get invites he’ll have to hit the ground running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

would playing on the euro tour be an option?

etxp wrote: »
    would playing on the euro tour be an option?

He'd have to get a tour card first. Would probably have to go through final qualifying at least. He seems to be based on the US full time though so unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,342 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Was there a cutoff of 80 players at the end of the second leg (of three) of the Korn Ferry Finals yesterday (Aug. 25th)? He missed the cut on Friday and was projected to be 82nd in the Finals but the leaderboard today only shows 80 players.

Likely needs a top 10 this week to regain his card

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Bogey, Bogey start and par on par 5 3rd.

Not close to the start he wanted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

-1 after 10.

Bogeyed the last 3 to shoot level par

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

That's a poor finish after being in the top 10 with 3 holes to go. Lots of work to be done tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Remind me wrote: »
    He will still get some starts but I would expect he’ll be playing quite a few Korn Ferry events.

Not sure if it is worthwhile taking up invites to PGA tour if they clashed with Korn Ferry events.

Certainly the ‘lesser’ PGA tour events for 2020 start quite soon so if he was to get invites he’ll have to hit the ground running.

Has 10 events based on top 150 PGA finish. That's without doing anything this weekend which does not look great now anyway. Would need somewhere around top7 for a full card.

Better yesterday. -4

That finish on Friday likely to come back and bite him

Poor +2 today

Interesting Tom Lewis is leading the way. Haven’t seen his name mentioned in a long time.

8 birdies today in his final round. Still only shot 1 under though!!

Brian Keogh reporting he will get up to 17 starts on tour next season which is a good opportunity this side of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Poor +2 today

Interesting Tom Lewis is leading the way. Haven’t seen his name mentioned in a long time.

He'd had somewhat of a renaissance in Europe winning the Portugal Masters in Sept 2018 and having a bit of a purple patch afterwards, hasn't been doing too much this calendar year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

How did Tom Lewis get a card, had a high finish as an amateur in the open, think the year Darren Clarke won, did nothing for years and gets a card for winning one tournament, that is crazy.

• Advertisement

How did Tom Lewis get a card, had a high finish as an amateur in the open, think the year Darren Clarke won, did nothing for years and gets a card for winning one tournament, that is crazy.

How did he get into the event in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

How did he get into the event in the first place?

I was wondering this too, apparently anybody from 125th to 200th on the FedEx point list was eligible to play. Lewis finished T11 at the Open which got him to 196th on the list and so he was able to sneak in. Crazy how these things work out, fair play to him though.

NDWC wrote: »
    I was wondering this too, apparently anybody from 125th to 200th on the FedEx point list was eligible to play. Lewis finished T11 at the Open which got him to 196th on the list and so he was able to sneak in. Crazy how these things work out, fair play to him though.

Thanks

Was looking at loads of lists and players and couldn’t see him anywhere.

Talk about taking advantage of a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Six under after six holes...

durkadurka wrote: »
    Six under after six holes...

Hopefully you haven’t cursed him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭abff

5 under after 13. Seems to be sinking loads of putts - stat for putting is +4.373 strokes.

Great first round and hopefully push on tomorrow and over the weekend.

Really needs to make as much $$$$ as possible before The fields strengthen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Got it to -9 but 2 late bogies. Pity but he needs a round like this. Push on tomorrow and who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Got it to -9 but 2 late bogies. Pity but he needs a round like this. Push on tomorrow and who knows.

no,the bogies were in his first 9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Yeah he played back 9 first and got it to 6under after 6, it was a great finish 3 under last 4

Advertisement