Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021/22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

My bad, the score app didn't indicate his name with * so I presumed he started on 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Power in the middle of a major meltdown, won't be even making the cut by the looks of it.

+7 for his last 5 holes, yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Power in the middle of a major meltdown, won't be even making the cut by the looks of it.

+7 for his last 5 holes, yikes.
    Brutal stuff. 3 doubles and 2 bogies in 6 holes. I'd be embarrassed with them scores. Must be injured?

Shocking finish to miss the cut!

Astonishing collapse from such a promising opening. Betrays a brittle temperament, needs to address it before he falls off the tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

65 to a 79, shocker.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Up to -8 after 11 holes and then just flitters it all away.

he was missing a lot of fairways, he rode his luck as long as he could but then it all skittled on him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Trampas

Nothing to see here. Move along

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

I was going to post after his very fast start and thought if I say nothing maybe 4 good rounds will appear!

Simple request Seamus, make the cut!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Got back to -7 today and had just made 3 doubles in 5 holes!

3 birdies 3 pars 3 doubles on the front

He makes a lot of birdies. Cut out the mistakes which are plentiful

Needs par on 18 to make the cut.

And it's a par 4. T55 so should be good for the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beaulieu

And it's a par 4. T55 so should be good for the cut.

Hopefully but making cuts simply doesn't cut it especially when you are feeding off crumbs as Seamie is

• Registered Users Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Poor round but its very windy there.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Birdies the first and in the water off the tee at the second.

Familiar story

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Does he have a golfing brain at all ?

He's so frustrating to follow. Seems to make the same mistakes, over and over again, week after week

Made the cut in Bermuda.
    Was coasting, had a double to drop back to the cut line but responded with eagle on his 16th and birdie on his 18th to finish -5 and tied for 27th.

Not a good start to the RSM Classic, +2 after 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Shot 5 under in round 2 today which featured 7 birdies and 2 bogeys but the damage was done in round 1 after shooting 3 over so Seamus finished 2 under missing the cut by 2 shots.

Seamus getting plenty of coverage so far today on sky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Motivator

Great round from Seamus today, comfortably making the cut and is sitting in 35th place at the moment. 6 birdies on his card with just the two dropped shots. He’s a long way back from the leaders but this is a good opportunity for him to pick up some decent money and kickstart his season.

Anyone know how long he has the chap from Cork on his bag? It would be great to see him push on and make a few quid this year. What’s the story with his card, how does he get it back? Aside from winning that is.

Motivator wrote: »
    Great round from Seamus today, comfortably making the cut and is sitting in 35th place at the moment. 6 birdies on his card with just the two dropped shots. He’s a long way back from the leaders but this is a good opportunity for him to pick up some decent money and kickstart his season.

Anyone know how long he has the chap from Cork on his bag? It would be great to see him push on and make a few quid this year. What’s the story with his card, how does he get it back? Aside from winning that is.

Cut is tomorrow, 3 courses in the rotation so 54 hole cut before pebble again on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 25,342 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

What’s the story with his card, how does he get it back? Aside from winning that is.

Finish in the top 125 on the FedEx list.

Or the Korn Ferry

coylemj wrote: »
    Finish in the top 125 on the FedEx list.

He can only play 17 events on the PGA Tour this season though so the chances of him hitting $800,000+ that’s probably going to be required are probably low. Also take into account that the majority of the tournaments he’ll play in will be on the lower end of the scale purse wise, he’s up against it.

Currently going well today, level through 7 at the moment and if he picks up one or two shots he’ll shoot up the leaderboard and bank a nice few quid.

AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am
    T38: Seamus Power, -2, $28,561

AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am
    T38: Seamus Power, -2, $28,561

He finished tamely enough, dropped a couple of shots on the way home.

Hopefully he can start picking up a bit of form, he usually hits a bit of form around this time of year before petering out towards the back end of the season. Is he the only Irish player on the PGA full time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

He can only play 17 events on the PGA Tour this season though so the chances of him hitting $800,000+ that’s probably going to be required are probably low. Also take into account that the majority of the tournaments he’ll play in will be on the lower end of the scale purse wise, he’s up against it.

Currently going well today, level through 7 at the moment and if he picks up one or two shots he’ll shoot up the leaderboard and bank a nice few quid.

The vast majority of tour events the purse is around the same. Only the ones which clash with WGC or majors is the fund lower. It is not like Europe were purse can be 1 million one week and 3 million the next

Advertisement