Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021/22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

80 players in tomorrow so there will be a 3rd round cut aswell

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

80 players in tomorrow so there will be a 3rd round cut aswell

There isn't a secondary cut In play off events so he will play both days. Will probably need to shoot 6 or 7 under over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

-4 after 16 today. May come up a bit short.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Good to see he finished well (67 today) but sadly too little, too late so he won't be playing next week. He jumped from 125 to 114 which is good but that's the end of his season on the PGA Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

68 in the PGA Tour event today (Sanderson Farms) total of 5 under after 2 rounds, tied 15th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

-2 today to finish on -7. 10 behind the leader so probably won't win but a good high finish on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭rooney30

-2 today to finish on -7. 10 behind the leader so probably won't win but a good high finish on the cards.

Finished 11 under , T 19

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

rooney30 wrote: »
    Finished 11 under , T 19

$61,600. nice weeks work.

Going along nicely. - 3 for the day and has a snowman on the 4th, his 13th hole. Unlikely to make the cut now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Don’t like questioning tour pros but I just can’t see what Nick Bradley would have to offer Seamus going forward.

Hopefully wrong

• Advertisement

Dreadful start to 2019 for Seamus, missing last 2 cuts. Let's hope he can at least make it to the weekend in the Farmers Insurance Open.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Eoinyh

Seems to have lost distance in his drive distance this year

Looking like a short tournament again. +4 and 150th place after 1st round.
    Used to birdie a lot of par 5s in previous seasons but barely making par on them this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Going to be hard for him this season. I think the well is running dry. Can't even make a cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

At this stage he is as well to draw stumps on the PGA tour and consider a move back to Ireland and set up a tilt at the European tour. It must be so demoralising scraping in just inside the T125 last year and now struggling from week to week instead of pushing on.

morrga wrote: »
    At this stage he is as well to draw stumps on the PGA tour and consider a move back to Ireland and set up a tilt at the European tour. It must be so demoralising scraping in just inside the T125 last year and now struggling from week to week instead of pushing on.

Why would he do that? Going through a bad patch at the moment alright but he earned almost $800,000 last year. That is what it takes to keep your card.

The standard is so high though he has proven the ability to have some very good rounds. Hopefully a change in fortune is around the corner.

Exactly wrote: »
    Why would he do that? Going through a bad patch at the moment alright but he earned almost $800,000 last year. That is what it takes to keep your card.

The standard is so high though he has proven the ability to have some very good rounds. Hopefully a change in fortune is around the corner.

Sometimes a drop in class does wonders for any person/team in sport. Look at Lowry. He was lost in the States last year and a drop down in class has worked wonders for him.

Seamus needs to start contending rather than struggling to make cuts. He can do that by moving to the European tour and then reevaluating a move back to the States if he can find some proper form, nail a few top 5's or sneak a win and get his confidence up again.

His confidence must be rock bottom at the minute.

Sometimes a drop in class does wonders for any person/team in sport. Look at Lowry. He was lost in the States last year and a drop down in class has worked wonders for him.

Seamus needs to start contending rather than struggling to make cuts. He can do that by moving to the European tour and then reevaluating a move back to the States if he can find some proper form, nail a few top 5's or sneak a win and get his confidence up again.

Lowry had a European Tour card though to fall back on. Power has no playing status in Europe as it stands.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Don't think I'd call the field he bet a few weeks back as a drop in class in any respect and he only moved back because it was implied when he lost his PGA card

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Unfortunately for Seamus +10 for 2 rounds in Europe would add up to a missed cut as well.

• Advertisement

In any sport, the lesser the grade the easier it is to perform.
    The European Tour is a step down from the PGA do no doubt about it. Understand he has no ET card but he would easily get invites to allow him a chance to win enough prize money to earn proper playing rights.

I just think a spin on the European Tour would do wonders for his game. Its just an opinion, could well be wrong.

Another very poor showing. +6 after 2 rounds missing the cut by 7 strokes.
    Pretty close to the bottom of the field in all his tournaments so far.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not looking good, he’s has the luck of the Irish two years in a row and a lot of his money was made on early in the year tournaments when perhaps the bigger names were largely absent, I love a massive turnaround but given his trend as the year progresses his PGA card looks terminal...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Donald Trumped

I'm afraid that Seamus Power has had a most disappointing front nine of 5 over 40, in today's opening round of the Honda Classic. Really disappointing to see the pride of Waterford struggling. He missed an 18 inch putt for par at the 18th hole (his ninth). He is currently 196th in the Fed Ex Cup standings. However he still has plenty of time to regain some form on the golf course, with the PGA tour regular season coming to an end in mid August.

On a separate note, is Seamus still working with swing instructor Nick Bradley? I don't see any real improvements in Seamus' game since he went to Bradley. In fact you could make a very strong argument that Seamus' ball-striking has gotten worse under Nick, who used to coach Justin Rose.

I'm afraid that Seamus Power has had a most disappointing front nine of 5 over 40, in today's opening round of the Honda Classic. Really disappointing to see the pride of Waterford struggling. He missed an 18 inch putt for par at the 18th hole (his ninth). He is currently 196th in the Fed Ex Cup standings. However he still has plenty of time to regain some form on the golf course, with the PGA tour regular season coming to an end in mid August.

On a separate note, is Seamus still working with swing instructor Nick Bradley? I don't see any real improvements in Seamus' game since he went to Bradley. In fact you could make a very strong argument that Seamus' ball-striking has gotten worse under Nick, who used to coach Justin Rose.

Just watching Nick Bradley for a few minutes on sky would make you think he adds nothing to anyone’s game. I was amazed when I heard Seamus was working with him, touring pros publicly slate him on social media.

Is he even a swing coach or more a life/motivational guy?

I really thought Seamus would push on this year having scrapped through last season and being in control of his schedule. 1 good week could change it all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭OEP

At least he pulled it together for the back 9 and finished +3 for the day, giving him some bit of hope of making the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭rooney30

Remind me wrote: »
    Just watching Nick Bradley for a few minutes on sky would make you think he adds nothing to anyone’s game. I was amazed when I heard Seamus was working with him, touring pros publicly slate him on social media.

Is he even a swing coach or more a life/motivational guy?

I really thought Seamus would push on this year having scrapped through last season and being in control of his schedule. 1 good week could change it all though.

Yip, there’s that perception of Bradley alright , Heard peter Lawrie just stop short of calling him a chancer recently

Not good.....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Pity that he didn't do better in the Honda, especially when it was a relatively weak field with a lot of the big boys taking the week off in preperation for the Arnold Palmer followed by The Players Championship.

• Advertisement

coylemj wrote: »
    Pity that he didn't do better in the Honda, especially when it was a relatively weak field with a lot of the big boys taking the week off in preperation for the Arnold Palmer followed by The Players Championship.

Unfortunately the fields are making little difference with the scores he is shooting.

Hope it improves soon.

Advertisement