Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021/22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭OEP

I am attacking your post saying its embarrassing but if the poster makes idiotic remarks, I'll attack them too. I ask about your job because you seem to be in a position to call how Seamus goes about his job embarrassing. I'm curious as to what someone, who considers coming 12th in a pga tour event embarrassing, does.

I'm not disagreeing with you on the fact his weekends and Sundays are poor, there is something wrong there. There's a reason why he's 300th in the world, and not number 1. Like everyone around him, his game has flaws. I'm sure he's well aware of them and is working on it. This time last year he was 142 in the FedEx, now he's 117 so that looks like learning to me. I am open to correction here but if you follow his career all the way back you'll see pretty steady progression year on year. Lets hope he keeps it up.

Stick to the stats, no need to insult him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

OEP wrote: »
    I am attacking your post saying its embarrassing but if the poster makes idiotic remarks, I'll attack them too. I ask about your job because you seem to be in a position to call how Seamus goes about his job embarrassing. I'm curious as to what someone, who considers coming 12th in a pga tour event embarrassing, does.

I'm not disagreeing with you on the fact his weekends and Sundays are poor, there is something wrong there. There's a reason why he's 300th in the world, and not number 1. Like everyone around him, his game has flaws. I'm sure he's well aware of them and is working on it. This time last year he was 142 in the FedEx, now he's 117 so that looks like learning to me. I am open to correction here but if you follow his career all the way back you'll see pretty steady progression year on year. Lets hope he keeps it up.

Stick to the stats, no need to insult him.

You might want to familiarize yourself with the charter so

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=320620
    Personal Abuse
    - Posters who abuse others on here will be banned. Permanent bans will be handed out on a first offence if a moderator feels it is warranted. There is no argument on this one. Abuse someone and you will be banned. Calling someone an idiot is abuse. Don't attack the poster, attack the post.
    - Attacks on public figures should have be based on actions and without swear words.
    'Harrington is a ******' for example is not a valid contribution. Similar posts will likely result in at least
    an infraction, possibly a ban for the poster

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Everyone calm down and leaving the modding to us thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,037 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

green123 wrote: »
    Attack the post not the poster...

I am not the only one who is pointing this out about power.
    Have you read back a few pages?
    And then have a read of the comments from the end of last season. Exactly the same story again. Seems to have learned nothing in the last year.
    He has a huge talent and a great opportunity , it's disappointing to see him not fulfilling his potential

You are the only one calling his result "embarrassing".
    That is whats "being attacked".

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Spider Rico

Enjoying following Seamus on the PGA tour. Just his second season on the Tour, and as we’ve seen with others it can take a couple of years to find your feet there. If he survives this season, from what I’ve seen he has the game to win one or two events.

I wonder if he has any plans for the European Tour at some point. If things don’t work on the PGA, could be a good option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭paulos53

Seamus reversed his recent scoring trend by having his best score in the final round and it even included a birdie on the 18th :)

He drops 1 place in the Fedex Cup rankings but now has 371 points. Last year 365 pts was enough to earn a tour card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Birdies the first in Canada, first group out. Projected ranking 78!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

Is it not 41;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

AGC wrote: »
    Birdies the first in Canada, first group out. Projected ranking 78!!

Top 10 finish there last year as well on debut, incidently also shooting his lowest round of the week on Sunday, so heres hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Top 10 finish there last year as well on debut, incidently also shooting his lowest round of the week on Sunday, so heres hoping.

-3 through 9. I smell a tour card being wrapped up here

• Advertisement

I would love it but it's very early days, especially give Seamus' record of sometimes letting the occasion get to him. With his strong finish last week, hopefully that's something he's starting to get the hang of

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Just checked the betting in runing and took the 66/1 couldnt resist, for some bizzare reason I now have both Powere and Lowry backed, patriotism will put me in the poor house!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Just checked the betting in runing and took the 66/1 couldnt resist, for some bizzare reason I now have both Powere and Lowry backed, patriotism will put me in the poor house!

Posting betting topics in threads will also have you in the bold house! There's a separate thread for gambling posts only!! ;)
    That thread is located here.

Looking at shot tracker he has had some great chances to be a few better

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

74 players under par already. Good round from Power but I wouldn't count any chickens (or prize money) just yet.

Seems to be spraying the ball all over the place today, if shot tracker is anything to go by

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Looking like being a costly day, 2 shots outside the cut now, at least.

Par - birdie he might scrap through

Poor par on the last

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Boards jinx strikes again.

ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

AGC wrote: »
    Poor par on the last

I didn't see any of it.

What happened him today, seems like he wasn't in control off the tee?

Does he just not have "it" or is it nerves maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

GreeBo wrote: »
    I didn't see any of it.

What happened him today, seems like he wasn't in control off the tee?

Does he just not have "it" or is it nerves maybe?

Seems like nerves. Fell off a cliff this time last year so it'll be interesting to see how the next couple of weeks go.

fullstop wrote: »
    Seems like nerves. Fell off a cliff this time last year so it'll be interesting to see how the next couple of weeks go.

Maybe he needs to go spend some time with Dr Bob.

He might just need a few things to go right for him and then it will all click...hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Nostradamus

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Nostradamus

Cap’n Hindsight

fullstop wrote: »

He just played sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

+4 after only 4 holes in the Barracuda. FFS.

;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Messi19

Adiaga 2 wrote: »

;-)

What way does the scoring work?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Messi19 wrote: »
    Adiaga 2 wrote: »

;-)

What way does the scoring work?
    2 for birdie, 5 - eagle, 8 - albatross, par - 0. Bogey is minus 1; anything worse minus 3.

+4 for Power sounds like 2 birdies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

Currently +4 is tied for 2nd place

so not so bad

Advertisement