Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021/22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭dball

yet

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Beaulieu

Adiaga 2 wrote: »
    +4 after only 4 holes in the Barracuda. FFS.

;-)

Its modified staleford scoring this week FFS:D:D:D Seamie is up to his usual trick of having a great start...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Beaulieu wrote: »
    Its modified staleford scoring this week FFS:D:D:D Seamie is up to his usual trick of having a great start...

+8 now. Jayzis!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

+8 after 12 and in 3rd place.
    4 birdies, 3 of them on the 3 par 5s he's played so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭OEP

Sloppy finish but still a reasonably good round

• Advertisement

Big weekend. I hope he's not in or around the cut mark tomorrow going down the last few holes, it's in his own hands this time. Make the cut and he has it, unless something crazy happens with other guys around the bubble.

If he makes the top 125 he will have no pressure golf and could earn himself a nice bit of cash.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Not a great start . This isn't seamus's type of course. Hitting fairways is key here . If he misses the cut he will have an edgy weekend looking at the FedEx projections

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

+3 and near the backend of the field

He's brought his round 4 game to round 1 for a change

Not a great start . This isn't seamus's type of course.  Hitting fairways is key here . If he misses the cut he will have an edgy weekend looking at the FedEx projections
    His putting has been poor today, which is usually one of his stronger aspects. Clearly it's the pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Dead last. Oh dear

• Advertisement

A lot can happen but right now he’s projected 126. I doubt he will hang onto a 125 if he doesnt make the cut.

Fancy Garcia at the very least to pass him and then there’s Corey Connors and Nick Taylor who are currently projected in the top 125.

Adiaga 2 wrote: »
    A lot can happen but right now he’s projected 126. I doubt he will hang onto a 125 if he doesnt make the cut.

Fancy Garcia at the very least to pass him and then there’s Corey Connors and Nick Taylor who are currently projected in the top 125.
    It looks like Seamus needs at least one of Cory Connors, Nick Taylor, Martin Piller to drop down the leaderboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭the long lad

OEP wrote: »
    It looks like Seamus needs at least one of Cory Connors, Nick Taylor, Martin Piller to drop down the leaderboard.

The other one to watch is Tyrone Van Aswegen. If him and Piller make the cut, they're highly likely to overtake Seamus. Seamie can then light a candle and pray that neither Connors or Taylor make top 25. A high finish from Sergio would also be bad news. I'm sure plenty of others could cause him some worries over the weekend. For now, let's hope at least one of Piller and Van Aswegen miss the cut.

I feel for Seamus, tough position to be in. But he has made huge prize money this year and I'd still fancy him to come through the Web.com playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Projected cut -2, Seamus starting the day on +3.
    Nice time to play a blinder.

Martin Piller is -2 with two to play. Its not nice to be wishing someone to fail but I hope he does!

He holed a clutch 13 foot putt for par on the last to finish on -2

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Seamus now projected 126th

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

133rd now and miles outside the cut line.

127th for the fedex

Sergio, Nick taylor, Aaron Baddeley, Harris English all ahead of him now having previously started behind him. And a few others near the cutline who could still jump him yet if they make the weekend and have good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Rikand wrote: »
    127th for the fedex

Sergio, Nick taylor, Aaron Baddeley, Harris English all ahead of him now having previously started behind him. And a few others near the cutline who could still jump him yet if they make the weekend and have good ones.

Now 126. Overnight, Baddeley has dropped to (projected) 127.

Other than that group of four named above, other threats at the top of the table are Points, Hearn and Malnati who could make it into the top 125 if they moved up the leaderboard. Points is currently 2nd and projected 133 so clearly he needs to win.

• Advertisement

Projected at #125 now. Agonising couple of days for him. I think he was unlucky this time last year so deserves a break this year.

Seems to have the game for the pga tour. Fingers crossed to hang in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭paulos53

Looks like Seamus or Sergio for the final spot in the top 125.

Sergio needs solo 19th and is currently 21st

A win for DA points or top 3 for David Hearn would also lose him his card

This must be nerve-wrecking for Seamus!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Think Sergio need a to play last 4 holes in 3 under to deny Seamus. Par 5 is def easy and the last.

Sergio must be planning on coming back to europe for the last 2 events instead.

Playing a very tactically **** round of golf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Sergio must be planning on coming back to europe for the last 2 events instead.

Playing a very tactically **** round of golf

Points maybe the bigger threat. Within 3 with holes to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Points maybe the bigger threat. Within 3 with holes to play.

Points 4 back with 2 to play. Looks like even 2 birdies for Garcia is no good now? And Hearn needs to birdie the last 4.

Great eagle chance on 15

Sergio has birdied 2 of the last 4 with 2 to go. Harris English is in the rough on 18 where he needs a par

Will a birdie on the last for Sergio squeeze out Seamie ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Will a birdie on the last for Sergio squeeze out Seamie ?

Don’t tbink so.

Massive 2 putt for English. Big 10 minutes

Advertisement