Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021/22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

There not giving him any air time with him -1 for the round. Sky doing their best to give him a plug, but still no in play shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

There not giving him any air time with him -1 for the round. Sky doing their best to give him a plug, but still no in play shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Out in the 4th last group tomorrow with Paul Casey, so hopefully he gets a bit more tv time. Playing in the group ahead of Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Still no TV time

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Remind me wrote: »
    Still no TV time

You have to play some good shots to get TV time when you're well down the field as he is now

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    You have to play some good shots to get TV time when you're well down the field as he is now

He was in the top 10 and was not been shown while his playing partner who was making bogies was.

You have to be a top 10 OWGR player, Tiger or leading to be shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Remind me wrote:
    He was in the top 10 and was not been shown while his playing partner who was making bogies was.

His playing partner is a well known favourite of Sky's audience. Power might be interesting to us but he has to play himself into attention.

First Up wrote: »
    His playing partner is a well known favourite of Sky's audience. Power might be interesting to us but he has to play himself into attention.

Just gone birdie birdie and nothing

It’s not sky

Remind me wrote:
    It’s not sky

Of course its Sky. The US broadcaster offers loads of choices.

Of course its Sky. The US broadcaster offers loads of choices.

Sky regularly say how they have no control over timings, who is shown etc... are offered who they show?

• Advertisement

Remind me wrote:
    Sky regularly say how they have no control over timings, who is shown etc... are offered who they show?

They don't control the timing of broadcasts but they have plenty of choice about who to show. The host broadcaster typically offers up to a dozen shots and each station carrying it picks the ones they want.

You think a Japanese audience sees the same players as we do?

They don't control the timing of broadcasts but they have plenty of choice about who to show. The host broadcaster typically offers up to a dozen shots and each station carrying it picks the ones they want.

You think a Japanese audience sees the same players as we do?

Why wouldn’t they be this week?

I’ve no problems with fellas not getting air time when well down the leaderboard but when top 10 and nothing it’s not good.

Another birdie -8

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Very close to securing his card for next year . A top 4 finish here should do it

Remind me wrote:
    I’ve no problems with fellas not getting air time when well down the leaderboard but when top 10 and nothing it’s not good.

Power is pretty well unknown to the TV audience. If he was scoring he'd have a chance but he's not going to knock the leaders or the likes of Casey, Garcia or McIlroy off our screens with par golf.

Power is pretty well unknown to the TV audience. If he was scoring he'd have a chance but he's not going to knock the leaders or the likes of Casey, Garcia or McIlroy off our screens with par golf.

4 birdies in 5 holes I thought might

Remind me wrote:
    4 birdies in 5 holes I thought might

Might be getting close

It actually shows how sh**e the coverage is so, we are watching 5 or 6 players constantly, no issue because all near the top of leaderboard and Rory who they will always show but if, as you say, they have access to who they want why aren’t more shown?

Anyway, rain delay, hopefully not long. H’on Seamus

Remind me wrote:
    It actually shows how sh**e the coverage is so, we are watching 5 or 6 players constantly, no issue because all near the top of leaderboard and Rory who they will always show but if, as you say, they have access to who they want why aren’t more shown?

They show the leaders and the fan favourites. The likes of Rory, Garcia, Rose and Casey are the ones Sky think will get the audience's attention. Power is not one of those and he's 8 shots off the lead. He's interesting for us but not the wider audience.

Hopefully he'll get to that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,055 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

They show who the people want to watch...
    If you want even coverage of something then watch the BBC news, this is about entertainment and viewer figures.

• Advertisement

GreeBo wrote: »
    They show who the people want to watch...
    If you want even coverage of something then watch the BBC news, this is about entertainment and viewer figures.

Ah you’re back with another absolutely pointless contribution....

Casey, Garcia, Rose all fan favourites and in contention, if they’re outside the top 10 they wouldn’t be showing them, of the top 10 I think we have seen 2 putts of Seamus, the rest of the top 10 have all been shown consistently bar Mitchell. That’s my point.

Remind me wrote:
    Casey, Garcia, Rose all fan favourites and in contention, if they’re outside the top 10 they wouldn’t be showing them, of the top 10 I think we have seen 2 putts of Seamus, the rest of the top 10 have all been shown consistently bar Mitchell. That’s my point.

Remind me wrote:

But they are in top 10 and are well known. It really isn't that hard to figure out.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

Drove in the water on 18, looks like a bogey at best but should still be a top ten finish if he can make a five.

loadwire wrote: »
    Drove in the water on 18, looks like a bogey at best but should still be a top ten finish if he can make a five.

Threw it away with a cheap double. Some work to be done to secure playing privileges next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

He took a 6, he has dropped 5or6 shots on 18 this week, very costly

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    He took a 6, he has dropped 5or6 shots on 18 this week, very costly

Actually 4 shots dropped on 18,few dollars gone on that hole alone

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Threw it away with a cheap double. Some work to be done to secure playing privileges next year.

The double lost him 30 FedEx points. Needs about 100 more points which is roughly a top 6 placing . There is about 10 more tournaments left that he is eligible to play in.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭plumber77

Disappointing end to another good week. Needs to take these chances when he's in good form.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭highwaymaniac

expensive double bogey, par would have seen him 7th on his own finished T13.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭Trampas

Why are people surprised he wasn’t on tv?

Week in week out pga tour concentrates on top of leaderboard and top pros.

Vast majority want to see their favourite players and not the top 10

I hate it but what can we do. Top players drive ratings and tv revenue (ads)

Advertisement