Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MASSEY FERGUSON 135 ( MF 20 INDUSTRIAL ) FULL RESTO

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

gave her the obligatory soak in jizer and a good wash and she came up very well ,
    bit tatty at the front but the rest is very original ,
    it has had a new set of boots at some stage but they are getting a bit perished from lying up ,
    lift , brakes , clutch , gearbox , engine all spot on ,
    i was amazed at the original tin work including the rear window frame which would have been an extra when new ,

it will make a very nice easy restoration , the thing is weather we decide to keep it or not !!!!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/x4akkp8jGC3jjBjQ2

I’ll be tuning in to this series for sure.
    My good man, these threads are epic!
    Had my first ever experience with a zerormatic recently. Bit different to western iron. Some of the engineering is very interesting indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

Ive been trying all day to resurrect some of my old photos but this the best i can come up with ,

just to give you all a reminder of how she arrived to us !!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/C7Q9JosmjZAC9DRE2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Joe390

Hey great work GD just after finding your threads. Just wondering are you starting any other projets or threads as I realy enjoy reading them . Thanks and keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Joe390

Hey great work GD just after finding your threads. Just wondering are you starting any other projets or threads as I realy enjoy reading them . Thanks and keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galway_guy_33

Hi Greendragon

Congrats on this fantastic thread ... I’ve learnt so much from it. I have a few questions if you can answer I’d be most grateful.

I’m currently restoring a mf 35x.. engine has been completely rebuilt, I’ve stripped all the body and panels back to bare metal... I’m now at the paint stage.

Where did you buy your paint from ? I see u used sparex

I need to install a new rev counter but unsure where it is wired to exactly. There’s no fitting on the dynamo... but there appears to be a rev counter connection on the engine block... it looks like this

https://goo.gl/images/Tk1z5i

Is this it?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 r4110

as far as i remember the the rev counter drive mechanism is on top of the gearbox between the steering box and the engine on a 35

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭emaherx

Hi Greendragon

Congrats on this fantastic thread ... I’ve learnt so much from it. I have a few questions if you can answer I’d be most grateful.

I’m currently restoring a mf 35x.. engine has been completely rebuilt, I’ve stripped all the body and panels back to bare metal... I’m now at the paint stage.

Where did you buy your paint from ? I see u used sparex

I need to install a new rev counter but unsure where it is wired to exactly. There’s no fitting on the dynamo... but there appears to be a rev counter connection on the engine block... it looks like this

https://goo.gl/images/Tk1z5i

Is this it?

That's it. It is a cable drive (not wiring) from there to back of rev counter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galway_guy_33

Thanks lads much appreciated I'll order it so... would hate to have it all done with the rev clock not working.

Thanks again

Advertisement