Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ligerdub wrote: »
    Exactly. It's a cynical ploy to use Christmas to make these guys looks like soft, cuddly companies instead of viewing people as cash cows.

Yep, lots go for these sentimental tear jerky ads. Last I saw was for 3, some girl with a sick pet cloud.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    The Tesco ads with the letters, 'tanks mam for the stuffing' annoy me. I don't even know or care why these people are writing letters or how it relates to Tesco.

Worse is the Dunnes Xmas Ad. I keep waiting for Republic of Telly to do a X rated parody of it.

"He walked through the streets looking in all the windows and never had he felt such joy before. John was new to voyeurism but it gave him a real thrill. There was Biddy O'SUllivan in her pink frillies. And Tina Murphy trying on her christmas knickers.."

I exagerate a bit, but a guy feeling "immense joy" from looking in the windows is a bit creepy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Tesco s aunty Bridget ad.Need I say anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

That Grant boiler ad. It's shockingly bad.

"Thank you Grandad for this basic necessity of heat that my failure of a father couldn't provide".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

NufcNavan wrote: »
    That Grant boiler ad. It's shockingly bad.

"Thank you Grandad for this basic necessity of heat that my failure of a father couldn't provide".
    The smug granny in the background.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

madmaggie wrote: »
    The smug granny in the background.

Never mind the granny. The granddad lording it in his warm home is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Worse is the Dunnes Xmas Ad. I keep waiting for Republic of Telly to do a X rated parody of it.

"He walked through the streets looking in all the windows and never had he felt such joy before. John was new to voyeurism but it gave him a real thrill. There was Biddy O'SUllivan in her pink frillies. And Tina Murphy trying on her christmas knickers.."

I exagerate a bit, but a guy feeling "immense joy" from looking in the windows is a bit creepy.

Yes, I was less than overjoyed to see that creepy ad return.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 deathsquadbrat

That f***ing eir ad with them stupid kids singing that "hummmanawnamawhumannamaw" Ugh drives me up the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,034 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The ad for the new Gaiety Panto.

The "this is no owdinawy panto...." tag line is bad enough, but the Nanny Knickerbocker Gloria "rhyming" intro is without doubt the most irritating part of any advert on either telly or radio at present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

So I created the original Adverts you Despise thread back in 2007, it's now 2016 and we're on Thread #2 and more than 10,000 despised adverts. Do I get a prize or something? I accept bitcoin.

Also I haven't posted on the thread in a long time. But, I've been streaming a lot of football from American channels over the past couple of years and our adverts have nothing on what's shown over there. Some utter dross.

Anyone recognise this guy?

2016-chevrolet-silverado-mobile-office-large-9.jpg?w=676

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Potsch Boyd? Criminal Minds.

Potsch_Boyd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah I Googled him last night, that's him. He does a load of ads for Chevrolet in America, running these fake focus groups that they claim are real. They're abysmal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

So I created the original Adverts you Despise thread back in 2007, it's now 2016 and we're on Thread #2 and more than 10,000 despised adverts. Do I get a prize or something? I accept bitcoin.

I started this thread. Should we split the prize?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

The kid in the Eithad airways ad with Anniston.

Talks like a toy robot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Luis21 wrote: »

Talks like a toy robot.

It's Emirates not Eithad.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That ad for the Late Late Toy Show is highly irritating. Tubridy looking like a creep and loads of stage school children. All that was missing was jazz hands. It is then finished off with an annoying squeaky childs voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

"In just a few days time, this will be like a magic kingdom" forced smile of excitement, montage of him hugging kids.....disingenuous to the nth degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

lertsnim wrote: »
    That ad for the Late Late Toy Show is highly irritating. Tubridy looking like a creep and loads of stage school children. All that was missing was jazz hands. It is then finished off with an annoying squeaky childs voice.

Screeching Billy Barry type brats and that gobshyte making a tool of himself. Whats not to hate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

This rubbish, Mentos advert,seen it twice and hate it, who comes up this nonsense. It's like the kids in the ad also actually run the marketing company that made it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN1-yvo7gIg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

The Chicago town ads. Ugh. What kind of eejit wants to wear those poxy glasses?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Edups2.0 wrote: »
    The Chicago town ads. Ugh. What kind of eejit wants to wear those poxy glasses?

What about the Pepperoni Bermuda Shorts? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Luis21 wrote: »

Talks like a toy robot.
    Yeah, but Jennifer Aniston;
    001_tt1.gif

Back on topic; I see that Maltesers ad has resurfaced. The one with the blonde giving the bf the push because she saw him kissing a.n.other outside the office. What's with the bloody stupid high pitched voice? Dogs must go mental when it comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Horrific ad. Let's see the genders reversed on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This is the new Steve and Rachel/Rachel and Steve :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres a really smug new Lynx ad where the first thing it asks is something like "Who needs looks when you've got the nose"??? and the actor they chose for that seems to be Abed from community? Its bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

That awful Eir advert with the heading the ball music is back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Den14

SNNUS wrote:
    That awful Eir advert with the heading the ball music is back

Eir that horrendous cretinous company trying to stir up some sort of patriotic Irish pride with that truly annoying song feels like an exercise of patronising pulling the wool over the eyesery on some unsuspecting easily impressionable people. Can't stand their ads. They're still that awful Eircom under that flashy brand revamped bonnet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Thargor wrote: »
    This is the new Steve and Rachel/Rachel and Steve :D
    Steve and Rachel/Rachel and Steve is a disagreement on how you say something.
    Emirates and Etihad are two completely different airlines.

Advertisement