Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

My new pet peeve is the ad for TheIdleMan.com. It's just so full of itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭flazio

"This Christmas, join the fight for justice"
    Erm no Trocaire, if there's any time of year to join "fights" Christmas isn't one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The St Vincent de Paul ad with the little girl, about breaking the cycle of poverty. I don't know why, but it irritates me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the new (I assume) Axa advert with idiot trope husband trying the get the mattress in the car and the wife swooning at the next door neighbour. Are they trying to pi1ss everyone off

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

madmaggie wrote: »
    The St Vincent de Paul ad with the little girl, about breaking the cycle of poverty. I don't know why, but it irritates me.

Any time it comes on my missus goes "Why did she have a child if she couldn't afford to, having grown up in poverty herself".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

silverharp wrote: »
    the new (I assume) Axa advert with idiot trope husband trying the get the mattress in the car and the wife swooning at the next door neighbour. Are they trying to pi1ss everyone off

Again if the roles were reversed there would be outrage but the media have the males as dopes and females as super hero multitaskers stereotyped to a tee..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Those stupid golf ads with the bearded fella going around trying to be funny, pure trash.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

An ad for catfood where the guy is in flagrante with a lady, catches the eye of a cat (his cat, her cat, random street cat - not clear). Then a love song kicks in and he ditches the lady, and moves towards the cat spellbound to give it some catfood, with his pants around his ankles.

https://youtu.be/4Dq7a4OwReE

I worry for humanity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

silverharp wrote: »

I don't think that's new... but could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

An ad for catfood where the guy is in flagrante with a lady, catches the eye of a cat (his cat, her cat, random street cat - not clear). Then a love song kicks in and he ditches the lady, and moves towards the cat spellbound to give it some catfood, with his pants around his ankles.

https://youtu.be/4Dq7a4OwReE

I worry for humanity

Dear God.

It also brings to mind this horrid Airwaves ad:

Hated the Subway Festive Feast ad on first viewing - and I can't see it growing on me. Am I alone here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Possibly already mentioned (too lazy to go back through the thread)...but sweet suffering Jayzus...the Tesco Christmas ad...designed to upset people whose loved ones aren't around any more or what???
    Couldn't believe when they eventually got to the punchline of the first one I saw,that the women's mother that she was so extensively lamenting is actually alive...can't imagine how it makes those who have lost a parent feel...
    Don't normally get affected by ads by actually think Tesco have got it well wrong with this effort...
    Happy Christmas everyone (taking off my miserable hat)by the way!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The sight of the Xmas sausage thing in that Subway ad makes me slightly nauseous, God knows what they're serving in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

"All the trees are on display....now,
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....now,
    etc."

Lord help me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

The new rte anti crash your car ad with lots of gruesome injuries described to make us all feel bad/ guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

It's wall to wall perfume/aftershave ads time again. Thought I'd draft a complaints letter. Feel free to use if things don't work out.

To the complaints dept. Smeqoff Mist (pour homme) aftershave.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you today to express my disappointment with the product ‘Smeqoff Mist’ aftershave. I recently saw one of your adverts in which a very good looking bloke shifts a total ride. While it is very subtly done it is totally obvious that they have been shagging for hours on end, having fantastic quality sex and are completely drained of all bodily fluids.

On foot of that advert I rushed out and bought a very expensive bottle of Smeqoff Mist as I fancied been drained of all my fluids by a total ride too. My prep that evening was impeccable and I even washed my pecker in anticipation of the munching that was inevitably going to happen later on. I dabbed on a reasonable amount of Smeqoff Mist which I knew, because of your fantastic advert, was going to get me laid.
    I wore my favourite brown and sky blue tee shirt, baggy jeans and trainers as the icing on the cake.

I arrived at the local hunting ground and waited for the magical potion to do its work. Nothing happened in the first place so we moved on. Lots more pints later and even with some mild pussy grabbing (thanks Donald) to break the ice, still nothing! I remembered the advert and regained confidence that the total ride that was going to sit on my face later, was just minutes away. In all of the places we’d been in so far we had noticed lots of heavy orange girls (all with a scent of your sister product- ‘MingMusk’) that did look like they might be up for it but I thought I’d hold out for the total ride and not settle for an Oompa Loompa. By the end of the night I could barely speak as I was bladdered, so I went home. The journey home was not uneventful in itself, what with the puking and the kicking recd during the phone theft etc. But, I digress.

As you can see my experience with ‘Smeqoff Mist’ was less than satisfactory. I would venture that the orange girls experience with ‘MingMusk’ was not great either and they probably all went home to rub one out.

I would strongly advise that you put a caveat at the end of your advert – “May not get you laid, it’s complete bollocks”

Yours,

Angry,

Blueball Ave, D.12

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'd be afraid of that Marc Jacobs perfume. Some eejits got paid to dream up that ad, others paid to make it, and RTE paid to show it. FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The Jervis Shopping Centre's ad just really gets on my nerves for putting so much attention on a violinist to give off the impression that it's a classy place, not to mention her gormless smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hate the Subway one too.
    That festive sub with the sausage makes me feel queasy.

Hate the Tesco one with Ruth Jones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Even worse is when ads like that Subway one are badly dubbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

"All the trees are on display....now,
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....now,
    etc."

Lord help me :(

It's got Gemma Hayes in it so it's ok with me.

Strange thing is Gemma is married to Stuart Musgrave who own rival grocery brands like SuperValu and Centra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That Carlsberg ad with the guy playing the saxophone at the end. I hate his face for some reason and cannot stand the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Johnny Depp is moping around a bit, then drives out into the desert, takes off a couple of bracelets and rings and buries them. He stands up and looks off into the distance, and he's wearing mascara. Then the voice over says So Vaj.
    An aftershave called Sauvage apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

longshanks wrote: »
    Johnny Depp is moping around a bit, then drives out into the desert, takes off a couple of bracelets and rings and buries them. He stands up and looks off into the distance, and he's wearing mascara. Then the voice over says So Vaj.
    An aftershave called Sauvage apparently.

Everytime that's on, the way the bottle appears I read it as "Sausage"

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Everytime that's on, the way the bottle appears I read it as "Sausage"
    not the only one

Sauvage-vs-Sausage.jpg

Schermata%2B09-2457287%2Balle%2B23.21.10.png

CU6JY2TXIAAm1UF.jpg

0a6374909b2fd61d494b5ad5b3ecd73f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Anyone know of any TV adblockers? I can take it no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭ollaetta

That "do I look like I've time for a headache?" knob. I want to bash him with a shovel. Repeatedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

ollaetta wrote: »
    That "do I look like I've time for a headache?" knob. I want to bash him with a shovel. Repeatedly.

Absolutely. He looks like he really enjoyed saying it too.

He reminds me of those people in offices who are always "busy".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

"He's a wery dud santy" is back... AGAIN!

:eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

That knock-off of the Game of Thrones advert, "The power of Vanquis" - rather cringeworthy,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

The Jervis Shopping Centre's ad just really gets on my nerves for putting so much attention on a violinist to give off the impression that it's a classy place, not to mention her gormless smile.

Would a non-classy place have a Celtic store?

Advertisement