Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Raptor wrote: »
    They were apparently in talks back in November. That's all I heard. That and Garth did say he would like to return here again.

An 2017 Irish summer tour playing in Cork, Limerick, Dublin (RDS),Belfast and possibly Kilkenny would be the smart thing to do. Croke Park may or may not have 1 slot left but would it be really worth his while dragging his stage over here for one 80'000 capacity Croke Park show ???

Very good chance of himself and Ed Sheeran headling Croke Park gig's in 2018

My god this year is amazing for gig's TBH, get Metallica, Foos and Rolling Stones over here and I'll be further in heaven lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Nice line up here in New York

15966059_10154186598745777_3580959287608135023_n.jpg?oh=961a3d95a3fc203d4ff74c61f4769fcd&oe=58E022C9

That is a very nice line up. Would like to see a few of them appear at EP but what are the chances now if they are going to be stateside in late July? Still possible I guess. Thought Frank Ocean would be a contender for Longitude but not looking likely now.

Edit: after looking at last years line up there was actually a huge amount of acts that played at both this and Longitude despite them only being a week apart - Kendrick Lamar, The National, Daughter, Kurt Vile, Run the Jewels, Major Lazer all played both, so maybe we will still see some crossover!

15965830_10153973767382000_8948628769920610293_n.jpg?oh=f45ec08b2b7a2c3be93b93ddd55a2361&oe=58DED4F0

Special Announcement could mean A European Tour but why would release that information at american time (It will be 8pm here)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

PTH2009 wrote: »
    15965830_10153973767382000_8948628769920610293_n.jpg?oh=f45ec08b2b7a2c3be93b93ddd55a2361&oe=58DED4F0

Special Announcement could mean A European Tour but why would release that information at american time (It will be 8pm here)

Sounds like a US Tour!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have they not already announced a US tour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Jaysus, stick Dredds helmet on Jovi already, he's done, no more plastic surgery for that lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What is the earliest Irish festival to announce in the year, I know Life announced once at the end of January and Forbidden Fruit and Longitude have announced quite early too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

What is the earliest Irish festival to announcement in the year, I know Life announced once at the end of January and Forbidden Fruit and Longitude have announced quite early too.

Sea Sessions announced Coronas as one of their headliners in December. Life have already announced 3 acts so far the past couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Sea Sessions announced Coronas as one of their headliners in December.

possibly the most underwhelming announcement of the summer so far?

showpony1 wrote: »
    possibly the most underwhelming announcement of the summer so far?

Definitely. And they had all over their social media accounts 1 week ahead of the announcement "Big news coming". Coronas pffff.

• Advertisement

Definitely. And they had all over their social media accounts 1 week ahead of the announcement "Big news coming". Coronas pffff.

if they were playing in my back garden i'd close the curtains.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

That's what you'd do if a group of lads showed up and started playing music in your back garden :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭lc180

I meet someone before who is mates with the lads from the Coronas and they literally played in his back garden. I however cannot confirm if the curtains were open or closed.

And a pair of industrial strength earmuffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

lc180 wrote: »
    I meet someone before who is mates with the lads from the Coronas and they literally played in his back garden. I however cannot confirm if the curtains were open or closed.

that's exactly it i feel as though if i wanted to see the coronas (and i dont) could walk into some student bar anytime and see them. was hoping for a decent headliner for sea sessions

• Registered Users Posts: 21,269 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

New Qotsa album, that hopefully means a European tour this year. If not, it'll be limited Euro dates before full run next spring then festivals.

Delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

When is the latest they can sell tickets if it's subject to license, considering they changed the licensing laws. The promotors have to have their application in 13 weeks before the event. Then there is the time to get the application ready. When is the latest we can hear something if there is a concert in August/September?

The Raptor wrote: »
    When is the latest they can sell tickets if it's subject to license, considering they changed the licensing laws. The promotors have to have their application in 13 weeks before the event. Then there is the time to get the application ready. When is the latest we can hear something if there is a concert in August/September?

I'd say Mid Feb would be the latest. Generally they are January though for big outdoor gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

that's exactly it i feel as though if i wanted to see the coronas (and i dont) could walk into some student bar anytime and see them. was hoping for a decent headliner for sea sessions

They've also announced primal scream

• Advertisement

possibily all the outdoor stadium gigs for summer 2017 have been announced now (u2 expected to announce another Croke Park date so thats 3 allocated concert dates used up for Croke Park), Th Aviva has 2 shows , RHK have 2 shows and the Forbidden fruit festival, RDS has 1 show

Rolling Stones and Foo Fighters are touring Europe so dont expect them to play here

PTH2009 wrote: »
    possibily all the outdoor stadium gigs for summer 2017 have been announced now (u2 expected to announce another Croke Park date so thats 3 allocated concert dates used up for Croke Park), Th Aviva has 2 shows , RHK have 2 shows and the Forbidden fruit festival, RDS has 1 show

Rolling Stones and Foo Fighters are touring Europe so dont expect them to play here

Still think there might be another gig for the RDS and possibly Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Marlay park will surely announce something too

Maybe Garth Brooks but would PUC be ready to host a concert next summer as its only opening in the middle of June ???

I forgot about Marley Park but they would normally have a few concerts announced before Xmas ??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Marlay Park will have Longitude plus a couple other gigs. Hoping one of them is Metallica. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah Marlay Park will surely have 2 or 3 gigs to announce in the next month or two, Iveagh Gardens and Kilmainham usually have a few more gigs than they currently have penciled in so could be another one or two announced for those venues. I could have sworn Kings of Leon announced a gig in Marlay Park already but I must have dreamt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

The XX surely going to be here this year? Probably longitude or EP

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think Ed Sheeran said that he is playing Belfast this year. Can probably put him down for a Dublin date too at some stage. Croker?

Hope KOL take one of the Marlay Park slots.

if i had to guess Ed Sheeran will play 3 days in 3 Arena end of year and stadium shows next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

if i had to guess Ed Sheeran will play 3 days in 3 Arena end of year and stadium shows next year.
    he sold out 4 or 5 nights in the 3Arena in 2014, so I can't see him going back there for less. a night in the Aviva is my guess, maybe even 2 at Marley Park seeing as there's little announced for that so far too.
    he's almost certainly headlining Glastonbury so will presumably be touring this summer, probably do American arenas later in the year.

Advertisement