Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

With Ed Sheeran releasing new music this week he will surly be touring and could play Croke Park again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭roadmaster

In regards to Bon jovi I would take what I am about to say with a massive bag of salt. I was speaking to lad that claims he works with MCD the other night . He reckons it is very unlikely they will be here this year and if it is it will be the end of the year in the 3 arena. He said there is major health issues with the band in Tico Torres is still not the best and JBJ voice is gone, apparently if they get through the North American leg of the tour they will announce European arena gigs for the end of the year. I hope it's Bull as I would love to see them in the new PUC or even what I think was a great venue Ardgillian Castle which is a venue that is under used I think.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    With Ed Sheeran releasing new music this week he will surly be touring and could play Croke Park again

Id say he will announce an arena tour for this year and probably a stadium tour for 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

i'm hoping Depeche Mode will be playing next winter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Id say he will announce an arena tour for this year and probably a stadium tour for 2018
    can't see why he'd do that considering he did 3 nights at Wembley Stadium in 2015 and could easily sell out even more stadiums this year, so absolutely no reason to take a step back down to arenas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

When do we usually get news about Longitude??? I heard it was sometime this month but not certain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah usually the first batch of acts is announced near the end of January.

can't see why he'd do that considering he did 3 nights at Wembley Stadium in 2015 and could easily sell out even more stadiums this year, so absolutely no reason to take a step back down to arenas.

Its not really a step back tho . Most bands do at least 2 tours per album so do the arena first then back for the big outdoor shows etc

roadmaster wrote: »
    In regards to Bon jovi I would take what I am about to say with a massive bag of salt. I was speaking to lad that claims he works with MCD the other night . He reckons it is very unlikely they will be here this year and if it is it will be the end of the year in the 3 arena. He said there is major health issues with the band in Tico Torres is still not the best and JBJ voice is gone, apparently if they get through the North American leg of the tour they will announce European arena gigs for the end of the year. I hope it's Bull as I would love to see them in the new PUC or even what I think was a great venue Ardgillian Castle which is a venue that is under used I think.

With the possibility of u2 and Metallica shows happening here this year I would not be 2 down hearted if Bon Jovi didn't play here

I reckon a huge bulk of the 2017 gigs here have already been announced

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Vcu3656 wrote: »
    I'm in Dublin January 12-17. Any suggestions for good music during this time frame ?

Cage the Elephant are playing the 16th in The Academy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭eldest200

U2 is rumoured to announce a tour this month. Could they be at croke park?

eldest200 wrote: »
    U2 is rumoured to announce a tour this month. Could they be at croke park?

As the tour is rumoured too commerate the 30th anniversary of the Joshua Tree album, it's Very possibly if they play similar venues to the original Joshua Tree tour than a Croke Park show (or shows) could happen.

As they played PUC in Cork on that tour, it would be a perfect time for them to play the redeveloped PUC and possibly the first music act to play it

We shall see . The Garth Brooks Irish shows rumour will be put too bed if u2 get announced for CP

If true I could see that happening. Play 2 nights at croke park and 2 in Cork. It will probably be in July like the 360 and Vertigo tour

eldest200 wrote: »
    If true I could see that happening. Play 2 nights at croke park and 2 in Cork. It will probably be in July like the 360 and Vertigo tour

Feel sorry for my bank account of if happens lol

It will be a tough choice Croke Park or the new stadium in Cork ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

As the tour is rumoured too commerate the 30th anniversary of the Joshua Tree album, it's Very possibly if they play similar venues to the original Joshua Tree tour than a Croke Park show (or shows) could happen.

As they played PUC in Cork on that tour, it would be a perfect time for them to play the redeveloped PUC and possibly the first music act to play it

We shall see . The Garth Brooks Irish shows rumour will be put too bed if u2 get announced for CP

I think I read that U2 are meant to announce their tour on the 9th of January.

Very much looking forward to it. At least no more guessing about Garth.

If they keep Croke Park free, there has to be a reason. But if not, I think that will be the end of the Garth Brooks rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭roadmaster

With the possibility of u2 and Metallica shows happening here this year I would not be 2 down hearted if Bon Jovi didn't play here

I reckon a huge bulk of the 2017 gigs here have already been announced

I should be happy fact I have my GNR tickets at least

Feel sorry for my bank account of if happens lol

It will be a tough choice Croke Park or the new stadium in Cork ???

Same here. Dublin would be closer for me. Cork's stadium would probably have better sound but its a 7 hour drive for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

The Raptor wrote: »
    I think I read that U2 are meant to announce their tour on the 9th of January.

Very much looking forward to it. At least no more guessing about Garth.

If they keep Croke Park free, there has to be a reason. But if not, I think that will be the end of the Garth Brooks rumour.

I think at this stage, the smart money is on U2 for Croke Park this Summer. I heard the January 9th announcement rumours too. I do think we will probably hear whisperings this week if there is a Croke Park announcement.

Regarding Garth Brooks, I read an interview recently with Peter Aiken and he said that Garth will be back sometime but it won't be on the same scale as 2014. Would a different venue this year or next be a possibility?

I think at this stage, the smart money is on U2 for Croke Park this Summer. I heard the January 9th announcement rumours too. I do think we will probably hear whisperings this week if there is a Croke Park announcement.

Regarding Garth Brooks, I read an interview recently with Peter Aiken and he said that Garth will be back sometime but it won't be on the same scale as 2014. Would a different venue this year or next be a possibility?

I read that as well but that was months ago, wasn't it. Could be RDS, now that it's back in use. But if it's not announced soon, I don't know.

It's heart breaking really. Our chance to see him was in 2014. And they made a balls of it. Ah sure, he'll be back again, we were told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

The Raptor wrote: »
    It's heart breaking really. Our chance to see him was in 2014. And they made a balls of it. Ah sure, he'll be back again, we were told.

No, it was hilarious watching the country lose its collective sh1t (felt a pang of pity for his actual fans but the whole thing was so insane you couldn't but laugh at it)

We also heard stories of Guns N Roses playing Croke Park even the newspapers had them slated too play there but it ended up being Slane. So a u2 Croke Park date is only to be believed when it's posted on u2.com

I think it will sell out but the I&E dates only took place here 14 months ago so maybe the casual fans might not be bothered going this time but It's a CP show, hometown gig,commemorating one of the bands greatest albums and possibly promoting a new album too. I never saw them outdoors and I love Croke Park so I'm going too try and get to it (if it actually happens), hopefully it won't be around June 15/16/17 or 18th as I'm heading to London to see Guns N Roses

15894834_1218675614864868_95036046586595926_n.png?oh=269d6a089f2ba7f21013e2ce77e51806&oe=58E7E0CF

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭spindex

15894834_1218675614864868_95036046586595926_n.png?oh=269d6a089f2ba7f21013e2ce77e51806&oe=58E7E0CF

What part of Ireland is New York City ? Sorry that probably came across like I was a smartar$e I just got my hopes up when I seen the line up only to see where it was being staged

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭lc180

spindex wrote: »
    What part of Ireland is New York City ?

It shows whichs act are on the festival circuit and It will have a bearing on festival held in Ireland. For example, this festival in New York is the same weekend as Forbidden Fruit in Dublin so we can pretty much rule all these acts out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,269 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Tool are so hilariously out of place on that lineup! In saying that, play Ireland/release an album please!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

spindex wrote: »
    What part of Ireland is New York City ? Sorry that probably came across like I was a smartar$e I just got my hopes up when I seen the line up only to see where it was being staged
    Yeah, not picking on that poster either, but the last 3 "irish gig" announcements have been in Spain, USA and Italy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah, not picking on that poster either, but the last 3 "irish gig" announcements have been in Spain, USA and Italy

Like the other dude before you said, it's important we know who's playing in other festivals as it eliminates certain artists from coming to Ireland. Nothing wrong with it at all. It informs people and avoids them speculating not knowing the facts.

Surprised no Marley Park concerts have been announced yet

Its not definate that Croke Park will use up the remaining 2 concert slots but with the speculation of acts such as U2, Ed Sheeran, Rolling Stones, Lady gaga,Bon Jovi and Garth Brooks touring theres no reason why acts of that calibre will not play there

I think the Aviva Stadium has enough shows with Robbie Williams and Phil Collins playing there next summer

3arena has a few shows for 2017 and its very much expected more will be added as the year progresses

RHK has a few shows

• Advertisement

Wonder will see these lads pop up in Ireland over the summer

Advertisement