Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 c773er

Didn't Gaga have trouble selling out the Aviva last time (or was that Rihanna)?

Not sure she'd fill a stadium though.

Yea she struggled filling the Aviva. In 2012, she got a 37,000 attendance.
    Rihanna did well the first time in 2013 with 48,000 but rubbish in 2016 with only 29,000.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It could be The Rolling Stones/Lady GAGA (if she can do the Superbowl HT show she could do Croke Park ?), Foo Fighters or Kings of Leon for the third Croke Park show. If there is a third concert and Ed Sheeran doesn't do it. Possible May or Early June date for whoever does it

With regards to Lady Gaga, apparently she is only touring North America this summer with a possible appearance at Glastonbury. Apparently Live Nation have been trying to book her for Fenway Park in Boston.

To be honest I can't see her playing Croker. It's too big for her. The only outdoor show I could see her doing is the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

The Raptor wrote: »
    The third slot won't be handed to Garth Brooks. What an eejit.

What a weird thing to say though.. He clearly knows who the 3rd act is! I got the feeling that there might still be some bad blood there, wouldn't surprise me to see Garth show up at a different venue at some stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

What a weird thing to say though.. He clearly knows who the 3rd act is! I got the feeling that there might still be some bad blood there, wouldn't surprise me to see Garth show up at a different venue at some stage!

I'm thinking the same. When he does show up, they won't be special shows like the last time. It would be similar to what he's doing now. So his current stage might be too big for the 3 arena, probably too small for Croke Park. So something in the middle makes sense. The RDS is back in use, along with a tour of Ireland. I'm hoping it will happen this year but I'm very doubtful. We're almost into February and there's still no news or announcement.

I'm hearing that Tom Jones will be announced for Punchestown.. Lionel Richie was a bit of a disaster last year so I'm suprised MCD are risking it again. There are very few big Aiken Gigs announced so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Longitude line up was announced this date last year so maybe we are due something this week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Longitude line up was announced this date last year so maybe we are due something this week

I hope you're right!! It's all been very quiet though rumour wise and announcement wise as well.

When's the latest they've ever announced the line up does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

I hope you're right!! It's all been very quiet though rumour wise and announcement wise as well.

When's the latest they've ever announced the line up does anyone know?

Strange that nothing has been announced for Marlay park yet

Sziget Festival is also being announced this week. On January 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Plenty rumours on Twitter this evening that The Killers will announce a big London gig this week, possibly BST Hyde Park.

Looks like Friday 7th or Saturday 8th July will be the date that the Killers play Hyde Park as KOL are playing 6th and Tom Petty on the 9th.

Maybe a Marley Park gig that weekend for the Killers and KOL?

Coldplay are playing Croke Park on the 8th so maybe that will change things from an MCD viewpoint although Beyonce did play Croker the same night that the Stone Roses played Marley Park last July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Coldplay are playing Croke Park on the 8th so maybe that will change things from an MCD viewpoint although Beyonce did play Croker the same night that the Stone Roses played Marley Park last July.

In 2015 Fleetwood Mac played the 3arena the same night as The Script played Croke Park

In 2015 Fleetwood Mac played the 3arena the same night as The Script played Croke Park

Shouldn't cause an issue from an organisation viewpoint if The Killers or KOL played Marley Park on 8th July.

Hotels etc would be a major sticking point for people travelling from outside Dublin given the volume of rooms already booked up due to Coldplay.

The main issue I can see with either of those acts playing Marley Park the same weekend as Coldplay is that a large proportion of the Coldplay crowd would be the same target market as the Killers & KOL.

Fleetwood Mac / The Script & Beyonce / The Stone Roses would have been attracting completely different people so maybe MCD will have concerns over sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

argentum wrote: »
    ED Sheeran interviewed today in UK where he says that he much prefers stadium gigs now as they are more enjoyable so I'd say he's nailed on for 3rd night in Croke park He said that he would start touring from March in Europe with dates to be announced

Limerick, Kerry or Cork and Kilkenny too maybe?

Plenty rumours on Twitter this evening that The Killers will announce a big London gig this week, possibly BST Hyde Park.

Looks like Friday 7th or Saturday 8th July will be the date that the Killers play Hyde Park as KOL are playing 6th and Tom Petty on the 9th.

Maybe a Marley Park gig that weekend for the Killers and KOL?

CONFIRMED:

The Killers
    Elbow
    Tears for Fears
    White Lies
    + more acts to be announced

Hyde Park - 8th July 2017

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

I'm hearing that Tom Jones will be announced for Punchestown.. Lionel Richie was a bit of a disaster last year so I'm suprised MCD are risking it again. There are very few big Aiken Gigs announced so far.
    Snap!

I reckon there will be an announcement at some stage soon from Aiken promotions. So far to date their announcements have been smallish.

Nathan Carter has a gig in Belfast at the end if March, followed by a gig in the o2/3 arena and then playing a new festival at some stage next summer. I presume these are all with Aiken. I'm a fan of Nathan Carter but I think it's overkill. They are probably trying to shift them tickets before a big announcement.

Snap!

I reckon there will be an announcement at some stage soon from Aiken promotions. So far to date their announcements have been smallish.

Nathan Carter has a gig in Belfast at the end if March, followed by a gig in the o2/3 arena and then playing a new festival at some stage next summer. I presume these are all with Aiken. I'm a fan of Nathan Carter but I think it's overkill. They are probably trying to shift them tickets before a big announcement.

Aiken's big show could be The Rolling Stones Croke Park 17th June

No hints of Garth Brooks and Ed Sheeran looks likely to be playing Arenas in 2017

Aiken's big show could be The Rolling Stones Croke Park 17th June

No hints of Garth Brooks and Ed Sheeran looks likely to be playing Arenas in 2017

Are there rumours for The Rolling Stones?

No body knows what way the dice will fall.

Are there rumours for The Rolling Stones?

No body knows what way the dice will fall.

A user here a few weeks said he heard the Stones will be playing Croke Park the 17th June but he was not 100% confident

They are touring Europe next summer afaik in support of the blue and lonesome album. I'm hoping this show will be in May (can't be the Sat 27th May as GNR are in Slane and the pro 12 final is in the Aviva). I'll be in London for GNR on the 16/17 June and will be sad if the Stones play here then

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Those Punchestown gigs are weird and MCD need to sort out their messaging. So many people thought they were like the Leopardstown Bulmers Live gigs where you go to a race meeting and there's a mid-sized band on afterwards.

I think it was a bit of a shock when they were instead asked to pay €80 for Lionel.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think it was a bit of a shock when they were instead asked to pay €80 for Lionel.
    It would be more of a shock if it was ~€15 like leopardstown to see him.

Something Happens are the first announced for leopardstown this year 8 june.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Everybody is talking about Aiken not making any "big announcement", do they even have any big acts on their books who are touring? There's no sign of Bruce doing anything after Australia, Garth seems content having the biggest world tour to never cross an ocean, who else have they got? Do they promote the stones?

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Everybody is talking about Aiken not making any "big announcement", do they even have any big acts on their books who are touring? There's no sign of Bruce doing anything after Australia, Garth seems content having the biggest world tour to never cross an ocean, who else have they got? Do they promote the stones?

Wasn't there a legal battle between themselves and MCD and a cancelled Rolling Stones gig a few years ago? I think it was Phoenix Park.

I think the reason people are expecting an Aiken announcement is because they run a Croke Park gig every year, they promote Ed Sheeran, Beyonce etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Wasn't there a legal battle between themselves and MCD and a cancelled Rolling Stones gig a few years ago? I think it was Phoenix Park.

Yeah, Aiken won the right to promote it, then it didn't happen, then MCD promoted them at slane the next year.
    I think the reason people are expecting an Aiken announcement is because they run a Croke Park gig every year, they promote Ed Sheeran, Beyonce etc.

I get why people assume there'll be an announcement, but if you look at all the acts they have, there's really no one except Sheeran, and he seems to have ruled out stadiums this go around.

Lol!

'Garth seems content having the biggest world tour to never cross an ocean'.

LOL! and so so true. How he can call what he's doing a world tour is beyond me considering he hasn't gone beyond the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's the same school of thought that allows them to have a World Series of Baseball.

Yeah, Aiken won the right to promote it, then it didn't happen, then MCD promoted them at slane the next year.

I get why people assume there'll be an announcement, but if you look at all the acts they have, there's really no one except Sheeran, and he seems to have ruled out stadiums this go around.

True.. I wouldn't rule out a Garth Surprise though, I've said it a few times here. I have a family member who is a huge fan and I think he'll probably do a few gigs and probably not Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

KOL are playing Manchester & Sheffield on 9th & 10th of June. Arena shows.

Wonder what does that mean for potential Irish dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭eldest200

They could be at the three arena if Killers decide to play at Marley.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Would absolutely love an Olympia Interpol gig and a Kings of Leon 3arena gig. Interpol seem to like Ireland, they played 3 shows last time around, so maybe EP and an Olympia gig is an option. KOL haven't played an arena here in a long time but I still imagine they will play Marley Park!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

sheroman01 wrote: »
    KOL haven't played an arena here in a long time but I still imagine they will play Marley Park!
    RDS 10 years ago?

Advertisement