Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,269 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wonder will Phoinex pop up. Playing few mainland Europe festivals in July, would be a good fit for Longitude. I'd say they'll be this year's M83 though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Mushy wrote: »
    Wonder will Phoinex pop up. Playing few mainland Europe festivals in July, would be a good fit for Longitude.
    WOuld love to have them back. They headlined 2013 Longitude

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://twitter.com/DublinPlaces/status/817152726068908033

Leinster hurling finals takes place on the 2nd July and the next game there is not taking place til the 16th July. Coldplay of course play there on Sat 8th July

The 2 u2 shows could possibly take place on the following dates 4/5 July or 12/13 July. Possibly Fri/Sat 21/22 July as the stadium is booked solid every weekend from the 29th July with matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

There's often some people who posts here that know some kind of inside information.

Are concerts pretty much set by now? If so is there any hope of a certain country music singer to come back this year?

The Raptor wrote: »
    There's often some people who posts here that know some kind of inside information.

Are concerts pretty much set by now? If so is there any hope of a certain country music singer to come back this year?
    Ya never know, but by way of comparison, his 2014 "gigs" were announced on Mon 20th Jan, and went on sale Thursday 30th

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Ya never know, but by way of comparison, his 2014 "gigs" were announced on Mon 20th Jan, and went on sale Thursday 30th

I always feel doubtful with these rumours of other bands playing Croke Park. There's still the RDS but I'm not quite sure, seems like a small venue for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Ed Sheeran is live on 2FM Monday afternoon with Eoghan McDermott.

99.99% chance that it has nothing to do with any sort of gig announcement but this thread is all about the fun of a rumour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 c773er

The Boston Globe have posted an article that it is extremely likely that Lady Gaga will be playing at Fenway Park this summer.

I like Gaga but I honestly didn't think she was still at that level of playing stadiums? She's never done a stadium show in the US.
    If she is playing stadiums, do you think it could be possible to play the RDS? Seems like a more appropriate venue than the Aviva, which she didn't sell out back in 2012. It's also likely that she will be playing at Glastonbury this year too.

She's expected to announce her World Tour right after the Super Bowl halftime show on February 5. I'd say the tour will be mostly arenas but with some stadiums, rather than a whole stadium tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭prodsc

Looks like U2 for Croke Pk.

MOS had an Exclusive that said little but IT article makes it more likely, should know tomorrrow.

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/u2-to-outline-tour-dates-for-the-joshua-tree-on-monday-1.2929263

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

prodsc wrote: »

MOS had an Exclusive that said little but IT article makes it more likely, should know tomorrrow.

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/u2-to-outline-tour-dates-for-the-joshua-tree-on-monday-1.2929263

RSVP Magazine have just tweeted that Ed Sheeran is expected to announce a Croke Park gig in the next few days. They can't both be right!

• Advertisement

prodsc wrote: »

RSVP Magazine have just tweeted that Ed Sheeran is expected to announce a Croke Park gig in the next few days. They can't both be right!

One night each, maybe?

But nothing came from all the rumours so far, eg Guns n Roses, Justin Bieber so I'm not sure anymore. U2 makes more sense.

One night each, maybe?

But nothing came from all the rumours so far, eg Guns n Roses, Justin Bieber so I'm not sure anymore. U2 makes more sense.

Yeah maybe.. it will.be interesting to see what happens. Not a sniff about Garth Brooks unfortunately. He seems to be getting a huge backlash in the US over his will he/won't he play for Trump. His reputation is taking a bit of a hammering the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭hynesie08

One night each, maybe?

But sure they can do more than 3 right???

My confidence that u2 will play Croke Park this summer has now taken a massive hit now that Ed Sheeran is being linked for a return there

He is appearing on 2FM in the morning

PTH2009 wrote: »
    My confidence that u2 will play Croke Park this summer has now taken a massive hit now that Ed Sheeran is being linked for a return there

He is appearing on 2FM in the morning

They wouldn't announce a tour on the same day, would they?

And surely Aiken would have some kind of a major announcement?

Universal Music Ireland have just tweeted that they are very excited and attached a link to the U2 Facebook video posted on Christmas Day (refereing to the upcoming shows).

Universal Music Ireland have just tweeted that they are very excited and attached a link to the U2 Facebook video posted on Christmas Day (refereing to the upcoming shows).

Maybe we're getting a live DVD of the Dublin shows ???

Hopefully u2 at Croke Park is announced 2morrow

FFS Rte have got in on it now (and they were so right about Guns N Roses playing Croke Park lol)

http://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2017/0108/843464-u2-expected-to-announce-croke-park-dates-monday/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

So If U2 get croke park dates than that's the chances of Ed Sheeran basically gone ?

So If U2 get croke park dates than that's the chances of Ed Sheeran basically gone ?

You would think so but I imagine he will deff play 2 dates in the summer of 2018 unless him and u2 do 1 show each dis year or the promoters apply to the DCC for 4 more concerts (2x U2,.2x Ed Sheeran) ??

A certain guy who plays wearing a cowboy hat will also be effected by u2 playing 2 shows this summer as he deff won't be visiting Croke Park dis year anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there's still the Aviva for Ed Sheeran, which has the added plus of not being full up with GAA matches most weekends in the summer. wouldn't be surprised if he played 2 nights there.

Adam Clayton on RTE Radio 1 now

22nd July Croker

Shedite27 wrote: »
    22nd July Croker

I'd expect a second night to be added either the Friday 21st/ Sunday 23rd or Monday 24th

http://www.u2.com/news/title/the-joshua-tree-tour-2017?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=U2_official&utm_campaign=U2C_20170109_announce

there's still the Aviva for Ed Sheeran, which has the added plus of not being full up with GAA matches most weekends in the summer. wouldn't be surprised if he played 2 nights there.

I still think there will be one or two gig announcements. MCD are running lots of gigs this year.. U2, Guns n Roses, Robbie Williams etc. So far Aiken have only announced Justin Bieber for one night in the RDS. Still no gigs announced for the new stadium in Cork either.

I still think there will be one or two gig announcements. MCD are running lots of gigs this year.. U2, Guns n Roses, Robbie Williams etc. So far Aiken have only announced Justin Bieber for one night in the RDS. Still no gigs announced for the new stadium in Cork either.

Hope you're right. And I hope it's Garth Brooks.

They can't drag this out any longer though, can they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭lc180

Hope you're right. And I hope it's Garth Brooks.

They can't drag this out any longer though, can they?

Has there been any indication that GB will play Ireland this year other than people's wishful thinking on here?

I've not seen or heard any rumours in the media and he hasn't announced any concerts outside the US.

I know this is a rumours thread but Gareth Brooks fans need to stop torturing yourselves, it ain't healthy.

lc180 wrote: »
    Has there been any indication that GB will play Ireland this year other than people's wishful thinking on here?

I've not seen or heard any rumours in the media and he hasn't announced any concerts outside the US.

I know this is a rumours thread but Gareth Brooks fans need to stop torturing yourselves, it ain't healthy.

What's not healthy? Wanting/Hoping that a band/act you want to see will announce concerts? I heard no rumours about U2 before their Christmas Facebook post either! I think Ed Sheeran is more likely than GB but one thing is for sure, he will be back, it's just a case of when!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Nice line up here in New York

15966059_10154186598745777_3580959287608135023_n.jpg?oh=961a3d95a3fc203d4ff74c61f4769fcd&oe=58E022C9

• Advertisement

lc180 wrote: »

They were apparently in talks back in November. That's all I heard. That and Garth did say he would like to return here again.

Advertisement