Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

I think Virtua Tennis might be the best sports game ever. They simply nailed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You young ones and your PS1's for tennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Bitch, please....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

According to Eurogamer now that Sony have completed their acquisition of Crunchyroll they will be offering a new higher tier of PS+ subscription that includes Crunchyroll Premium.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-08-10-sony-completes-usd1bn-crunchyroll-buyout

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

As long as they either create a new, unified CR/Fun app, or at least keeps CR's layout and functionality (which does need work, but is still miles better than Fun), I'm ok with paying more. I already pay for CR so including it in a slightly high Plus price is ok with me. Just don't force me to use Funimation, it's terrible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

It would make more sense for them to bundle PS now with ps plus. Also that article only has one sentence that mentions ps plus so I wouldn't take much from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Indeed. The PS+ price for a potential bundle with Crunchyroll would need to be sub €100 for any benefit here as a CR yearly sub is €40 in the Eurozone.

It would more likely to be higher though as US and UK CR yearly subs are $69/£65.

Since I just remembered now that I haven't added this month's games to my library yet, I was curious had anyone played them yet? Don't think I've seen many comments online about the Hunters game

I turned it on, did the intro, saw that they had put far more effort into the emojis and dancing compared to the gameplay, and turned it off...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Have to say that Control was easily my most favourite Plus game ever. Platinum trophy yesterday. Absolutely adored it.

What are other people's favourites from over the years (excl. those from the PlayStation Plus PS5 Collection)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Rocket League was definitely a huge one. I never even bothered with online, even just the solo play was just tremendous and could easily sink hours into it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

In terms of games I played thanks to PS Plus... I'd say Resogun (one of the all-time great launch games) and Sportsfriends (specifically Johann Sebastian Joust) are my two favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

Counterspy is def one of my favourite Plus games. Maybe one of my favourite games ever.

Guacamelee was excellent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

For me it was Gone Home. That became one of my favourite gaming experiences of all time. I had thought about buying it a few times but never did and i might never have played it if it wasn't for Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Enter the Gungeon for me. Don't know how many hours I put into that in coop with the kid. Brilliant fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rumours that Tony Hawk 1&2 are showing up with a 'free' tag for some people but still charging at checkout. Speculation that it will be added to PS Plus next month. I'm doubtful but that would be a tasty treat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Was thinking we'd know tomorrow but then realised next Tuesday is the 31st so will be next Wednesday

Just seen leak of next months games so as usual take with grain of salt

Overcooked! All You Can Eat (PS5 ) Overcooked !, Overcooked! 2 and all of their add-on content are brought together and remastered in this delicious definitive edition

Hitman 2 (PS4)

Predator: Hunting Grounds (PS4)

That seems more believable than the Tony Hawk and Medium rumour which was already denied by the Medium team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Wouldn't mind that at all. Overcooked is a good laugh, so would welcome the second one and all the extra content.

Dust: An Elysian Tale was the game I most fondly remember from Plus. I would never have even heard of this, but it's now one of my favourite games. I think Guacamelee was another one, and I ended up buying the second one so that worked out for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Best PS Plus game ever? The answer is Bloodborne. Why is nobody getting it right?

Because that was part of the PS Plus Collection on PS5 that the original question asked not to include. 🙂

Control is up there for me. Think was only my second platinum after Astro bot. And rarely felt like a chore. Though I had bought it previously, it was the Plus version I played.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Missed that. Control infuriated me although I quite liked it. All my favourite games from Plus seem to have ended up on the Ps5 collection. the other two I could think of are both on it Until Dawn and Detroit neither of which I would have probably tried only they were free.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

Ignoring the PS+ Collection and the free Play at home games, probably A Plague Tale, but mostly because I only subscribed in March (when I got my PS5) so I missed a couple of great months before that. Anyway enjoyed it enough to go for the platinum, which is quite easy. I feel like it should be FF7 Remake instead, but I've refused to play it due to the upgrade shenanigans for now, waiting to pick up a cheap PS5 copy eventually.

If we include the PS+ Collection probably God of War, I never really cared about Souls games.

I think a game I definitely wouldn't have played if not for Plus (and having no other PS5 games apart from Astro) was Bugsnax which was a much better game than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Should we have known PS plus games for September today?

I'm sick of looking at all the "News" sites on twitter with the word "Leaked" in the headline, pedalling a bunch of shít 😒

• Advertisement
Advertisement