Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Don't think it's that simish,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Games are now available.

Started up Hell Let loose and when it pops you into the main menu it starts off playing a German military march about a hundred thousand bumblebees descending on a flower called Erika.

Played as US landing on beach and after winning we got treated to the US "over there "

Very class heavy and squad heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, had a quick go of HLL, and it's not going to bring over any CoD fans anyway. Spent the first 5 minutes of the match just running, spawn was so far away from the action. Seems like it's pointless for solo play, squads are definitely needed. Not even sure if I killed anyone.

Downloading PGA now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,560 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I forgot PGA was one of the games gonna download that tonight!

• Advertisement

I'd say it plays like old COD, but definitely not like the current ones. I think it'll take from BF a decent bit.

There are spawn point things that can be put down but no one currently knows what they're doing and since there's not many high level players (lvl 10 ) there's no commander for most teams so no one playing fake company of heroes to help it.

Squad leaders can build outposts that let their squad spawn there, and also can build garrisons which let the whole team spawn there but garrisons take supplies so you either need Support class drop supply crates, or the trucks with the canopies on the back, or the Commander can air drop them.

You can look at your personal stats at the end, I was driving a tank and the MG for the driver doesn't have any scope or reticule or anything so real hard to aim so I shot a lot of bushes and really fucked up the ground and occasionally the sky. I got a few trophies that I didn't bother to look at until the end and it was for getting multiple kills in a single life so I was definitely occasionally hitting something.

Enemies do have a nice death animation more so than a lot of games. Helmets go flying for headshots, and there's large pops of blood for body shots.

You'd pretty much want to play with in-game chat, there's proximity, Squad, and command.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Found this on reddit - there are a few free add-ons for MKX available on the PS Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sub Zero doing Blue Steel all wrong from what I can tell. Derek Zoolander has nothing to worry about

Yeah, HLL definitely requires more cooperation than most would be used to. In comparison, I playing the BF beta and it's so much more fun at least. Seems milsim or missing type games are not for solo me!

Had one round of PGA and found it a great laugh. Definitely more forgiving than the previous games but still finished +7. Must start a Boards society of there isn't one already to set a few scores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Can you do something similar to what you did in Golf Club games? 🙂

Looks like it had, create an online society, set to private and post a link on boards to join. Then pick a round and rules and everyone has a set time to set a score.

Was a great laugh on the Golf Club games except being +24 because of the ice rink putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Damien360

Hell let loose is just not for me. Vastly different from BF and COD way of playing. Love the golf game. Played 4 rounds back to back last night and wanted to keep playing. Putting is tough but the tutorials at the start are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Was trying to figure out if they meant 3 games from November as in get 1 a month, or we'll be getting 3 PSVR games every month from November

Having reread it, says "starting November" so I'd be inclined to think it's one a month. Not clear tho, I definitely thought the other way round when I first saw it. Guess we'll find out for sure a week on Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭jj880

Great! I have a friend selling his PSVR.

I know there is a new PSVR due out next year but this will do for this Christmas for my son. I reckon he will be happy with it. I already have about 6 VR games in the library. He has mentioned job simulator in particular so need to get that. Im hoping there maybe some enhancements on PS5 or at least the games will run smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I couldn't even get a lobby with it after 5 minutes of waiting

Not seen that myself normally. I've getting it once or twice while setting it to Europe only and playing at stupid O clock. Even the less populated games at odd times would be 60% full.

Worst thing for me so far is in the defend/attack mode where you can't retake a lost objective (big padlock on the objective), and as defenders having most of your team is either too far from the objective that the enemy can just slip in or the idiots are still defending the first point.

• Advertisement

Moss was given with Plus so that's a great game to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I'm really loving Hell Let Loose. I'm terrible at it, but I'm finding it a breath of fresh air. The sound effects are fantastic (especially with headphones) and it's very satisfying when you get a kill (certainly when you are as rubbish at the game as me).

It can be frustrating when half your team are not working towards the objective, as you stand no chance when it happens. But to be fair, it takes a while to fully understand what is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭brady12

same . it's brilliant . my nephew couldn't stick it he went back to warzone 🙈

Re: the last sentence. On my first time trying it, I didn't even see an enemy for about 20 minutes. Wasn't until I copped that all the action was in one corner, the one furthest away from where I am. I ended up killing myself to get near it, because it took me nearly 10 minutes of running to go half way up one side of the map. By the time I got near the game ended... It needs a very quick overview video or tutorial, there's too much not explained, like needing multiple crews to operate the tank, etc. Too many people used to CoD/BF that the realism is too much!

Also, really says something when in each region, one of the top 5 most played games is the demo it comes with (Worlds). I'll most likely have the 5 games they're giving away anyway. Played Beat Saber for the first time in ages, sore arms today. Still no decent music, and not expecting any. They appear to have forgotten about PSVR, but that happens when you let a company like Facebook buy you out. I'm bitter with Beat Games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yeah it's not clear that the action or choke points are the areas with a black circle around them, and you usually want to spawn near them. You can also redeploy via the menu for future reference ha.

Definitely a game I would suggest watching a YouTube video on.

I've been giving PGA 2K21 a quick go and actually enjoying it, great balance between sim & arcade, definitely more forgiving than The Golf Club games. Anyway, I setup a society 'Boards.ie Club' with a current event, Thieves Landing, a new course created by other devs and the community. Haven't tried it my self so should be something new for everyone.

Feel free to join the society and put up a score on the course, the event is open for 7 days.

Started a thread on it here if it picks up more steam. - https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058214006/pga-2k21/p1?new=1

Nice one Zero, been meaning to give this a bash, gives me extra motivation... see thee on the fairways/bunkers!

Thieves Landing. That name reminds me of Red Dead Redemption.

It's kicking off over on PGA 2K21 with the Boards society. 6 members with with 4 scores so far ranging from -15 to +18 so clearly all skill levels welcome :) first round runs for 7 days, my bad, i thought you could have multiple events simultaneously. Next round will be on the user created course 'Craggy Island' from 27th to 29th Oct so jump in and get some practice if you don't want to be a shocking Father Stone.

• Advertisement

I'm really enjoying PGA 2K21. Got a hole-in-one resulting in a nice gold trophy.

Advertisement