Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    is Joe injured or creative have nothing for him to do

He initially was injured which is why he first went and did commentary(which he’s excellent at) and now I don’t know exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Who would've thought Angel Garza would be jealous of Ivar?

Proof again that WWE are clearly reading boards. I just mention about them not using Bianca and Shayna and who shows up this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

when we getting another Big Show turn

I'd say he's face until after this Sunday anyway.
    Looked like Randy was set to turn on Ric though with the look he gave when he told Ric to go ahead and he'd be right behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Historically low ratings for Raw. First hour was their lowest rating ever and got worse from there.

No surprise, the shows are dirt. I barely ever watch the opening anymore. Just check Reddit clips the following morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    Historically low ratings for Raw. First hour was their lowest rating ever and got worse from there.

No surprise, the shows are dirt. I don't even watch the opening anymore. Just check Reddit clips the following morning.

But what about the demos as if we’re to believe Wednesday night talk that’s the most important

But on a serious note I don’t even check the clips of raw Or smackdown anymore just cant be bothered with nxt and aew I’m clinging onto

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Think it's bad now? Just wait until the other American sports return. Both companies will have to get their acts together to keep eyeballs on their product. Pro-Wrestling is just a small fish in a big pond compared to the NFL, MLB, NHL.

I honestly think by end of the year there won’t be a show over a million viewers

sky88 wrote: »
    I honestly think by end of the year there won’t be a show over a million viewers

Can't see it, factor in too it's an Election year in America as well, they'll be doing well to sustain what they already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The majority of the WWE's audience on all 3 shows is the over 50's.

Not really who you would think they would be aiming at especially when on USA and FOX who would want 18 to 35 audience for the advertising.

• Advertisement

Big Show and Flair will pull in the viewers no doubt

Really interesting to see the crowds when they return to the road. People might go for the novelty and boredom. Tbh god knows when it will happen. Royal Rumble 2021 maybe

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I honestly think by the end of the year there won’t be a show.

Loughc wrote: »
    I honestly think by the end of the year there won’t be a show.

Wrestling industry in America is in serious trouble

I know a lot of people like to think It’s just wwe but it’s all companies big or Indy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

That rating was lower than Christmas 2018, which is lower than anything in 1996 when they were up against Nitro, but they're still top 6 on a Monday.

Final-Cable-2020-Jul-13-MON.png

Wrestling industry in America is in serious trouble

I know a lot of people like to think It’s just wwe but it’s all companies big or Indy

I wouldn't say the industry is in trouble, it'll have it's high and lows like any other part of the entertainment industry, but maybe as far as it's perception in the States, it's at the kids & teenagers table, while the likes of NFL, Major League Baseball, MLS, NHL and Nascar are at the grown ups table.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I wouldn't say the industry is in trouble, it'll have it's high and lows like any other part of the entertainment industry, but maybe as far as it's perception in the States, it's at the kids & teenagers table, while the likes of NFL, Major League Baseball, MLS, NHL and Nascar are at the grown ups table.

its a niche product for sure will never get to the grown up table but why i think its in trouble is its most loyal fans are starting to turn away and while covid is certainly not helping with no crowds but who knows if they return

Are the NFL and all being played behind closed doors as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭The White Feather

This weeks Raw was really bad in particular.

I had completely forgot about the charisma vacuum Shayna Baszler. She is like a male bob backlund. Only just realised Charlotte is gone too. Thats how boring I find them. Since Becky has gone the womens division is very boring. There is no one worth watching at the min.

How that womens match ended the show I will never know. But before that they had Richocet v Lashley. So the men are in a bad place too.

There was nothing at all in the show that would make you want to talk about it.

People complained about the Smackdown angle with Sheamus/Hardy. But thats what both shows need. They need "antics" That angle has 1.3 m views on youtube.

I think WWE has fallen into the trap of online people like Meltzer who rate every match with stars like it was a UFC event. They keep trying to do shows like they are contests. Here is one guy. Here is the other. Now they do a match. That guy just barely won after a great move. This only appeals to a small amount of people.

People like me want good guys, bad guys and some kind of beef between them. Run ins seem to be gone as well as cheating by the bad guys. Thats virtually gone now. NXT is just full of matches. There doesn't seem to be any storylines at all. I havent watched AEW at all as its not on TV here so I don't know about that.

Until WWE goes back to storylines the ratings will always be low.

Asuka and Kairi are the only one's worth a damn on the RAW Women's Roster.

So I decided Ziggler's stipulation for his match should be the first ever "Scots lay down" match. Where all Scottish participants must let their opponent pin them for a count of 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Asuka and Kairi are the only one's worth a damn on the RAW Women's Roster.

They're tiresome to me now. Screeching in broken English isn't a gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

This weeks Raw was really bad in particular.

I had completely forgot about the charisma vacuum Shayna Baszler. She is like a male bob backlund. Only just realised Charlotte is gone too. Thats how boring I find them. Since Becky has gone the womens division is very boring. There is no one worth watching at the min.

How that womens match ended the show I will never know. But before that they had Richocet v Lashley. So the men are in a bad place too.

There was nothing at all in the show that would make you want to talk about it.

People complained about the Smackdown angle with Sheamus/Hardy. But thats what both shows need. They need "antics" That angle has 1.3 m views on youtube.

I think WWE has fallen into the trap of online people like Meltzer who rate every match with stars like it was a UFC event. They keep trying to do shows like they are contests. Here is one guy. Here is the other. Now they do a match. That guy just barely won after a great move. This only appeals to a small amount of people.

People like me want good guys, bad guys and some kind of beef between them. Run ins seem to be gone as well as cheating by the bad guys. Thats virtually gone now. NXT is just full of matches. There doesn't seem to be any storylines at all. I havent watched AEW at all as its not on TV here so I don't know about that.

Until WWE goes back to storylines the ratings will always be low.

Not enough interference and too many clean heel wins are certainly a take you don't see everyday about modern WWE.

They will prob go with Seth vs Dominik (to revenge his father) for summerslam, no way that feud is over

I can imagine Ziggler is done chasing the title and god knows what he will do

Drew vs Orton for the title is what im expecting

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    They will prob go with Seth vs Dominik (to revenge his father) for summerslam, no way that feud is over

I can imagine Ziggler is done chasing the title and god knows what he will do

Drew vs Orton for the title is what im expecting

Probably Orton will take the title, then possibly lead to another Edge vs Orton for the title? Although how long is Edge out for?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Probably Orton will take the title, then possibly lead to another Edge vs Orton for the title? Although how long is Edge out for?

Not due back until next Mania. Maybe Rumble at a push.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Christian is to make an appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Edit - Ignore think I was behind..

Wasn't Alistair Black a lone wolf and didn't care about anyone else??

Now he is fighting to honour Rey

You'd think someone would come out to help

Thats black gone for a few weeks

• Advertisement

I wonder are we getting a new nation of domination

wwe seem to be going all PC having all the 'black guys on the brand in the same riivalry

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement