Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

All the shouting/grunting gets annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

God Street Profits were irritating on commentary there

Seems to be Raw is Zelina every week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Can't stand anyone on Raw. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For someone who's just been released, Sarah was getting a lot of mentions. Probably mentioned more than when she was there.

Not sure what the point of that Lashley thing was.

Oh and what was that with the Viking Raiders? Did they decide with Revival and OC now gone they needed to find another team to mess up and look stupid?

Speaking of tag teams, who's left? Just Raiders, Profits and AoP? I guess Ricochet/Cedric

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

J. Marston wrote: »
    Nia Jax is just trash.

This is why...

https://twitter.com/rondarouseyszn/status/1252402818805166082?s=21

Being big doesn't = strong. I imagine Kairi weighs nothing and Nia can't even do that right.

Her and Tamina only have a job because of their family and they'll have one for life too. They're both absolutely useless but at least Tamina isn't dangerous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    All the shouting/grunting gets annoying

Mute the TV. Naturally the grunts / shouts are going to be loud when there is no audience
    God Street Profits were irritating on commentary there

Mute the tv
    Seems to be Raw is Zelina every week

And the problem is? Zelina is a godess. She should be in every segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This is why...

https://twitter.com/rondarouseyszn/status/1252402818805166082?s=21

Being big doesn't = strong. I imagine Kairi weighs nothing and Nia can't even do that right.

Her and Tamina only have a job because of their family and they'll have one for life too. They're both absolutely useless but at least Tamina isn't dangerous.

Jesus Christ what the hell was Nia doing there ? She just dropped her. Tamina is not someone who is known to be dangerous. Taminas issue is that she's had a lot of injuries and is less mobile than she used to be.

So while it's true Ronda was unsafe in the ring but nia can't take the high ground any more. That's Becky and zelina she's injured that we know of anyway hopefully she didn't hurt Kairi that badly but it looked rough enough. Kairi is universally liked as far as I know but that's twice now within a couple of months she's been shaken up.

Seeing that, I do always wonder how wrestlers know where they are when they can't see. Like the buckle bomb or AoP's move where they run into each other first

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Seeing that, I do always wonder how wrestlers know where they are when they can't see. Like the buckle bomb or AoP's move where they run into each other first

In ring Experience and ring awareness I'd say which is where the WWE PC only trained wrestlers don't get enough of. They seem to be shown a certain way and in a controlled environment like the PC that all works fine but not on the main roster or nxt.

• Advertisement

Watching some of Seth's you can see how he throws them with a bit of lift and with enough room to let them prepare for hitting, outside a couple accidents. Nia just threw Kairi at it.
    I'm wondering if that scream from her was because she knew it was going wrong. I just remember a similar scream before Charlotte hurt her. Though likely it was just her playing her part.

On another note, I did like the exchange between Zelina and Drew. Either they get on well together really or can't stand each other. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So while it's true Ronda was unsafe in the ring but nia can't take the high ground any more. That's Becky and zelina she's injured that we know of anyway hopefully she didn't hurt Kairi that badly but it looked rough enough. Kairi is universally liked as far as I know but that's twice now within a couple of months she's been shaken up.

Ha

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jesus Christ what the hell was Nia doing there ? She just dropped her. Tamina is not someone who is known to be dangerous. Taminas issue is that she's had a lot of injuries and is less mobile than she used to be.

She is is carrying a lot of weight she didn't have 10 years ago have when she arrived with the Usos. Years have not been kind.

DM_7 wrote: »
    She is is carrying a lot of weight she didn't have 10 years ago have when she arrived with the Usos. Years have not been kind.

She is carrying weight she didn't have but again she's not known for being dangerous and when she started she had some kind of in ring ability but nia didn't and given she's had 410 matches that I can find records for she should have shown some form of improvement but she hasn't.

Remember Nia walked out and threatened to quit before but supposedly The Rock convinced her to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Remember Nia walked out and threatened to quit before but supposedly The Rock convinced her to stay.

The worst thing the rock ever did

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The fact that Kairi said "I'm not set" in English IN AN EMPTY ARENA, twice before Nia Jax did what she did. Is Nia ****ing deaf or just dumb?

I wouldn't have anything against Tamina, she had a genuine interest in making it in the ring but between injury and what's surely been a tough last few years personally she's just lost her opportunity. I imagine she's only taking prominence right now because she might tick a lot of boxes for meeting the criteria to be at tapings.

But Jax on the other hand I just find abhorrent. Never had any interest in being a performer other than on reality TV shows. But she also ticks a lot of boxes for want the company want as an "ambassador" for the brand.

And that's ignoring the fact that I find it utterly bizarre that she doesn't seem to have any heat with the female roster for being a liability in the ring.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The fact that Kairi said "I'm not set" in English IN AN EMPTY ARENA, twice before Nia Jax did what she did. Is Nia ****ing deaf or just dumb?

Did she ? Ah well that's shocking stuff from nia then. Well you'd hope she's deaf and not ryback. I mean she's getting to Ahmed Johnson levels of unsafe.

Edit: okay I've found a clip of the move and not just a gif of it, and yeah it's clear as day that Kairi is saying she's not set and the scream she leaves out is horrible. BTW the WWE two minute clip of the match doesn't include the dangerous crap

I'd imagine Nia is another one who has to learn her spots rigidly and isn't good at adjusting to her what her opponent is saying.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine Nia is another one who has to learn her spots rigidly and isn't good at adjusting to her what her opponent is saying.

There's surely a difference between having matches laid out and following them but when your opponent is saying she's not set then it should take a brain surgeon to understand that going through with the move might not end well.

I get learning your spots, or getting them down, but for crying out loud, leave some space for improvising as Itssoeasy has hinted at. Kairi's (from looking at the clip) lucky Nia didn't break her neck with the botched spot.

Forgive the ignorance but what would she mean by "I'm not set"? Like did she mean how Nia was holding her, she wasn't set up right?

Which brings me back to one of my points; assuming she's a best thick (at worst negligent), I find it hard to believe that there's no heat on her amongst the women's roster.

I can't stand Nia either but I don't think Kairi was saying "I'm not set". I think it was just random Japanese stuff, someone on Reddit said she was saying "Let go! Let go!"
    And that's ignoring the fact that I find it utterly bizarre that she doesn't seem to have any heat with the female roster for being a liability in the ring.

Having heat with her is career suicide if you're not top tier. She's related to the Usos and Roman and Rock. WWE aren't gonna risk upsetting the Samoan clan.

It's the only reason her and Tamina are still employed.

Well the clip Voices Of Wrestling retweeted earlier did have Kairi audibly saying "I'm not set", and I'm assuming it's also the same clip Itssoeasy listened to.

Having heat with her is career suicide if you're not top tier. She's related to the Usos and Roman and Rock. WWE aren't gonna risk upsetting the Samoan clan.

It's the only reason her and Tamina are still employed.

Ah **** that social media junkie. :pac:

But seriously, maybe Becky didn't quite have the clout at the time she was busted open by her but I find it hard to believe it'd be career suicide if she was hurt again by Jax, only this time she spoke out.

Let's be real, Jax might do one or two more years of wrestling and get out of there once she can maintain her own income doing the reality TV circuit, whereas someone like Becky will be giving back to WWE for many years to come. I don't buy Jax could out politick Becky especially if the former continues to put the roster in danger.

Well the clip Voices Of Wrestling retweeted earlier did have Kairi audibly saying "I'm not set", and I'm assuming it's also the same clip Itssoeasy listened to.

https://twitter.com/kontra_diction/status/1252683942819438594?s=09

I don't think a wrestler would be screaming spots or instructions, even with a clown like Nia.

Ah **** that social media junkie. :pac:

But seriously, maybe Becky didn't quite have the clout at the time she was busted open by her but I find it hard to believe it'd be career suicide if she was hurt again by Jax, only this time she spoke out.

Let's be real, Jax might do one or two more years of wrestling and get out of there once she can maintain her own income doing the reality TV circuit, whereas someone like Becky will be giving back to WWE for many years to come. I don't buy Jax could out politick Becky especially if the former continues to put the roster in danger.

That's what I'm saying, they'd take on board criticism from people like the 4HW.

If Kairi complained, who is far down the order and supposedly out of contract very soon (which might explain why she is jobbing) then WWE wouldn't take any notice of it.

• Advertisement

Then again, without Nia we wouldn't have gotten such a great and memorable shot as the one with Becky's blood covered gave at the top of the steps. Possibly also led to Becky main eventing Mania.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement