Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 28/09/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

A lot of posh people today.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

My Garda story?

Rang Finglas Garda station one night (after midnight) to tell them there was a car driving THE WRONG WAY on the M50 heading towards the airport.

The response?
    "Ah shure he'll be off it by the time we can send a car out"

True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Given that there's already feck all Gardai on the streets ....:rolleyes:

True, but people act like there'll be no one there. I think probationers and trainees are absolved from striking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭bigroad

Going back a few years a well to do family would have a Guard,priest ,school teacher in the family.

My Garda story?

Rang Finglas Garda station one night (after midnight) to tell them there was a car driving THE WRONG WAY on the M50 heading towards the airport.

The response?

True story.

I've also had a bad experience with that station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭ebbsy

BOORGLED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭0127647

they are drunks

• Registered Users Posts: 39,056 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Yes; "pisshead" is much better.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

bigroad wrote: »
    Going back a few years a well to do family would have a Guard,priest ,school teacher in the family.

A bully, a Paedo and a school teacher so to speak...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Soooo..drunks have been abolished?
    Yay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,238 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i don't remember mass panic and rioting on the streets the day of the 'blue flu' ? mass hysteria being drummed up again. Where I live whether they are working or not would make little difference if members of a certain ethnic group decided to rob us.

misslemon wrote: »
    I've also had a bad experience with that station.

Tell us more caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Guys pissed in O'Connell Street on a Friday night are drunks.

0127647 wrote: »
    defending us?

I walk through Dublin city centre every day and its a cesspit with not a guard in sight

they are useless
    I have to say I've had the opposite experience. Have been burgled, had my bike stolen and randomly punched on the street, and AGS were incredibly helpful.

I've a good friend who's a garda, and he has some nuts anecdotes of being abused, spat at, attacked, and being eviscerated and ridiculed in courts by members of the legal profession when trying to do his job fairly and honestly. He's gotten himself a good education and more importantly, is intelligent. They are incredibly badly paid for the rubbish they put up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

True, but people act like there'll be no one there. I think probationers and trainees are absolved from striking too.

That's about three hundred trainees.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,822 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A man bashing ad from Cash & Carry Kitchens, fooking disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

My Garda story?

The response?

True story.

Hopefully not after wiping out some innocent family :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,238 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

My Garda story?

The response?

True story.

was probably just Jim McDaid

0127647 wrote: »
    defending us?

I walk through Dublin city centre every day and its a cesspit with not a guard in sight

they are useless

They don't defend me or anyone I know.

Must be a generational thing, because I never hear people under an elderly age actually having confidence in Gardai.

In fact, I read today on the journal that they are not putting all reports of crimes into the Pulse system to make crime look low.

Sickening. They are resistant to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,822 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will it mean no closing times adhered to in the boozers on those strike evenings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,056 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

The search for the dead man's past continues... Join us tomorrow for the next enthralling episode.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Fujitsu10 wrote: »
    Hopefully not after wiping out some innocent family :mad:

Guaranteed if I rang in with that story Duffy would turn that on me and accuse me of making it up, lying etc.

Obviously alarms in RTÉ would be ringing if my number flashed up on the screens so I'd never get through....but I can dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Where's The Yew today?

Tell us more caller.

I work with...unwell people. I was assisting at a funeral where someone was trying to abduct a child who was in the care of the state. Some other unwell (and "known to the Gardai" /violent) people said they'd kill me if I continued to try and stop them.

Rang Finglas Garda Station who said they couldn't send anyone but not to worry because they could see us on CCTV. But not to worry - they'd do something if the child actually was abducted.

Absolutely true.

I have to say I've had the opposite experience. Have been burgled, had my bike stolen and randomly punched on the street, and AGS were incredibly helpful.

I've a good friend who's a garda, and he has some nuts anecdotes of being abused, spat at, attacked, and being eviscerated and ridiculed in courts by members of the legal profession when trying to do his job fairly and honestly. He's a well educated guy with a good education and more importantly, high intelligence. They are incredibly badly paid for the rubbish they put up with.

Why don't they protest about the legal system then?

The ordinary gardai choose their useless corrupt top brass over the people and expect us to thank them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I've a good friend who's a garda, and he has some nuts anecdotes of being abused, spat at, attacked, and being eviscerated and ridiculed in courts by members of the legal profession when trying to do his job fairly and honestly. He's a well educated guy with a good education and more importantly, high intelligence. They are incredibly badly paid for the rubbish they put up with.

My experiences with the Gardai down the years has been fine - from a bedside manner point of view - but as regards to dealing with problems they have been utterly useless. How many times do you hear on the radio that the guards couldn't do enough and were great when they came out to my house/farm etc. but still failed to do anything.

Where's The Yew today?

De show has 3 producers. That's a 2 day week for two of them and 1 day for de turd so to speak and day do be rotaytin' de days off so day don't get tyred.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    That's about three hundred trainees.

And a couple of thousand AGSI members. True. They won't be able to do much. But it won't be The Purge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I work with...unwell people. I was assisting at a funeral where someone was trying to abduct a child who was in the care of the state. Some other unwell (and "known to the Gardai" /violent) people said they'd kill me if I continued to try and stop them.

Rang Finglas Garda Station who said they couldn't send anyone but not to worry because they could see us on CCTV. But not to worry - they'd do something if the child actually was abducted.

Absolutely true.
    hope you got a good few bob for the funeral- everyone else seems to!

• Advertisement

BTW Pat Kenny made a good point this morning.

Why don't the frontline gardai get their pay restored and not the backsters in the office.

But would the Union want that? Of course not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement