Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards NXT Alumni/Call-Up Tournament

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Kevin Owens

for the same reasons that Bounty Hunter said.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I have to stick with Seth Rollins. My choice from the start.

Kevin Owens is fantastic. One of my must watch guys when he's on screen. He truly has IT.

But, so has Seth, in abundance too. The first NXT Champ is my pick to take it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Both would be worthy winners.

I am going to go for Seth Rollins though.

I feel Rollins was a great bridge from NXT to the main roster. I really enjoyed him as NXT champ as a babyface, then he returned with The Shield to NXT and had great face-offs with Big E to whom I think he dropped the title. Then he went to the main roster and did great.

Owens has done very well on the main roster as well but did he contribute quite so much to NXT as Rollins did? I don't think the longevity was there.

So for me the best NXT Alumnus, the best 'boy done good', is Seth Rollins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Can I vote for both?

On one hand, Seth has become a superstar and one of the biggest heels the company has had in recent years. On the other, Kevin Owens is the best thing about WWE TV today hands down.

Both men have put on excellent matches. Both men have elevated themselves very quickly. Seth has the advantage of time on his side, but Owens has made a massive impact in a shorter space of time.

God, my heart says Owens because he is my guy, but my brain is saying for for Seth.....I think if we looked at work in NXT also I'd go with Seth. But like I said at the start, this is about the best call ups, so I'm disregarding their NXT work for these votes.

**** it, FIGHT OWENS FIGHT!!!!! Kevin Owens FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Kevin Owens. Although it was only brief, the guy made me start back up wrestling training, before life got in the way, with his match v cena. By far the most anticipated guy on the roater. I feel Rollins in the mic isnt great but he has been involved in some fantastic matches. His debut straight thru to his title run was pretty perfect all though the chicken **** heel thing doesnt seem to befitting to him as he is genuinely one of the most talented wrestlers to watch.

Owens on the mic, well its outstanding to listen to him. He makes rhing believable im every sense, if he was to run away from a fight, he would make tou understand why.

I may be a little bias as I all ready said im a straight up mark for owens , rollins call up has probably been better and he made more impact to others, but owens story will continute to unfold and I think with the same mileage on the main roster as rollins has been afforded he will exceed him.

So Kevin Owens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Seth has been the one i wanted to win this from the start and i think hes with the deserving runner up in owens.

Seth to me is the closet thing were going to get to a shawn michaels type wrestler. I think if hes given the run and booking hell be the face of the company they want reigns to be.

He has been in so many great matches and moments since his initial debut to mention. Owens is great and im a big fan but seth takes this easily for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

As said both would be worthy winners and its the final that was most likely as long as they weren't drawn together earlier.

Both have had an excellent impact on the main roster. Both are super good workers,talkers and will be around for a long time.
    Owens is a real main event player and is gonna be for years to come. He is an unlucky loser here as he comes up against to my mind the real face that runs the place over the last 24-36 months.
    Punk left,cena took a break,reigns bombed,ambrose is men,styles has been booked only ok (quite good at times in cena feud). But the one constant is Rollins apart from injury being to the forefront of the main event scene at all times. The wwe universe has never grown tired of him in this time. A fine achievement when you consider how much he has worked with the authority. He even survived his public dick PIC scandal,without much adieu.

For that I vote,
    Seth Rollins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I'm going for Rollins. Part of arguably the best wrestling stable to debut in 15 years, the breakout star of said stable, became a bona-fide star when he curb stomped Lesnar and while a weak enough champion he still carried the company for the guts of a year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I am going for Kevin Owens.

On a head to head, Seth has the better run on the main roster but KO best represents NXT, had a better NXT run, worked both rosters and left the brand in a better place than when he started.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Gut says Rollins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

30 Minutes til votes close...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

With a very tight match I can now reveal that winning margin was

58% vs 42%

in favour of the winner via awesome gif

Rollins-and-Reigns.gif

SETH FREAKIN' ROLLINS!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I would have voted Rollins too. He has been in or around mainevent since his debut, alongside his amazing work in the shield he has had numerous standouts moments on his own (turning on shield, cashing in at wm, numerous ppv mainevents)

In time Owens might equal or surpass Seth but until such a time comes its clearly Seth for me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

What a glorious GIF!

Omackeral - thank you once again, for putting this one. You do a great amount of work on these Tournaments, so you are due a huge amount of praise!

uzhrzm.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yep fair play on running this again and probably the right guy won even though I'm happy that my vote for KO meant that he deservedly was an extremely close runner up

Advertisement