Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards NXT Alumni/Call-Up Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I'm here.

The boss wins this one.

I love these tournaments.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

The Voss

Sasha is booked so stronger

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Wow that was a brutal time for the tag teams vs the ladies there. Sasha books her spot in Round 2. We're back to 1 vs 1 competition now.

Xavier Woods

''Your *gyrates hips* W.W.E. World. Tag. Team. Champion''

latest?cb=20160224232715

VS

Finn Balor

The Demon King

Superstar-Category_Superstar_562x408_finnBalor.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Has to be sasha, even though im fond of the vaudevillians. Sasha has recently been booked like the boss she is, she wasnt for a while, she was fairly useless in that faction with Tamina and Naomi but she has truly been awesome now.

Vaudevillians are good but they need to evolve a small bit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

This is a little tough because I think Xavier has been great and has been what has made the New Day so good but if its the best call up I'm going for Finn.

it got marred by the injury but his arrival via a super early draft pick, then winning twice on his first night on Raw including a clean win over Reigns to become the no.1 contender before he went to SS and became the first universal champion...damn its kinda hard to think of a better call up (if you can ignore the injury).

• Advertisement

Value wise im gonna pick Woods. Finn has had an amazing impact but was pushed to the moon in his limited appearences. Overall on the product Woods has had more of an impact. He was dead on arrival with his stolen song gimmick from Funkasauras. Then given another dead in the water gimmick with the New Day.

We all know how that turned out, they were a breathe of fresh air for so long, and I have a sneaky suspicion that Woods wpuld be responsible for most of the comedy.

Overall Finn will have more impact but now id say woods. He probaly gets more of a reaction with the new day then Finn now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Finn gets my vote.

Not sure their NXT work gains merit but even if this is discounted it is hard not to look passed Balor and that near perfect (excluding the injury) introduction onto the big stage.

Woods is quite one dimensional- Balor will return better than ever and only then will we get to appreciate just how big of a deal he is/will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

kind of a hard one cause finns has been so short but ill think ill go with finn even though i really like xavier and hes an underrated wrestler but winning the title in one of the main events of summerslam cant be beaten really.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finn gets my vote here. I don't think NXT was of any significance to Xavier Woods who I feel got over via his WWE work, whereas NXT actually helped Finn get over with a section of the audience at least.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Gotta go Xavier more of an Impact on the main roster. Finn will be huge just hasn't had the time to generate a connection

• Advertisement

A good bit of discussion and reasoning there and that's what these tournaments are all about. Great stuff. An interesting tussle we have next;

Emma

#Emmalution

dzPCs7vn.jpg

VS

Paige

The Anti-Diva

paige-wwe-diva1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

If you asked me this in 5 years there is a very big chance the answer would be Emma as she has so much potential longevity wise.

For now its Paige due to immediate impact even if she may be a coke addled bunny boiler.

Paige for me had had more impact on the divas main event scene at the time. Got a bit lost with silly storylines and the womens revolution but has definitely shown more than Emma thus far

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Poor Emma coulda (and could still be) great but she was used terribly since her call up

so it's Paige for me

For impact and longeivity it has to be Paige, she had a great fued with AJ, won title in debut and had more of an impact then Emma did with her pairing with Santino

I'm inclined to agree with what others have said. Although I dislike Paige, she's been far more relevant. Emma's Evil gimmick hasn't scratched the surface on the main roster. Paige for me.

Paige will go on to the next stage while Emma's chapter closes here. Next up we have intergender action.

Sami Zayn

The Underdog from the Underground

Superstar-Category_Superstar_562x408_samiZayn.png

Vs

Dana Brooke

The Total Diva

Dana_Brooke_bio--f5f84a5a733977677888d21313bfa1f2.jpg

Sami Zayn easily his fued with Kevin was great

Brooke is just awful

Sami, sont rhink it needs to be explained

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah Sami has been much more successful (though I'd like to see him used even better) but he's the right call here. Dana should probably still be on NXT tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Sami all day long. The feud with Owens was excellent and he is always dependable for a good match.

Just to weigh in, Xavier was robbed. I much prefer Finn, and Woods isn't near his level as a wrestler, but you cannot compare the impact on the main roster for both men. True Finn was unlucky with the injury, but Woods was part of one of the most entertaining parts of wrestling in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Samuel for me.

Although I started out hating Fran Drescher voice, Dana has grown on me (hey now!)

But Sami to me is one of the best in ring performers ever. He might just be my pick to win outright

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Brooke is all right as a wrestler, she's improved a good bit since she started. However, her current role is a lacky to Charlotte.

Sami is great, entertaining, and has a solid connection with the crowd as the Underdog from the Underground. Sami all day, every day.

Just to weigh in, Xavier was robbed. I much prefer Finn, and Woods isn't near his level as a wrestler, but you cannot compare the impact on the main roster for both men. True Finn was unlucky with the injury, but Woods was part of one of the most entertaining parts of wrestling in 2015.

I think its the Irish thing, same with Becky over Bray. Not that there is anything wrong with that but imo both Bray and Woods have had a stronger impact on the product over the years then Becky and Finn. As I said just my opinion, dont mean to.slate anyone elses!

Sami most definitely

Dana is terrible

A hammering for Dana there, she's the first lady to bow out. There's about to be a major casualty here....

Kevin Owens

Fight Owens Fight

kevin-owens-2.jpg

VS

Roman Reigns

The Big Dog

roman-reigns-27251688-620x400.jpg

I'm going to have to vote Reigns...

As much as I think KO is a better wrestler and personality than Reigns. And I really do. Reigns has had the bigger impact. His work with the shield fairly solid in ring.

I feel wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Kevin Owens...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Owens. Reigns has been mishandled and shoved at everyone, and is an asshole. I don't think he'll ever be accepted, and I can't blame the fans.

Owens on the other hand can still thrive, he's so good at what he does.

• Advertisement

I'm going to go with Owens.

While reigns has been in great in ring the booking and his interviews are terrible. I think Owens has been better in ring and on the mic.

It's a tough one I think can be argued either way.

Advertisement