Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards NXT Alumni/Call-Up Tournament

Options
  • 28-09-2016 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

Hello to one and all. It's been a while since I've ran a tournament but today I'm returning with one that I hope you enjoy. I'm hoping to find out who the good folks at PW Boards consider to be the ultimate call up from NXT to WWE's two main shows, RAW and SmackDown! Using a bit of creative control, I've gotten the field to an always tournament-friendly number of 32 entrants.

NXT_logo.png

Rules

This tournament well feature wrestlers who have been in NXT since it became its own show with its own championships. Therefore there will be no entrants from before that time.

There will be male wrestlers, female wrestlers and tag teams eligible, just like the WWE Draft. Any combinations of those can meet in matches.

Round 1 matches will be first to four votes.

All draws will be made using the patented Random Number Generator TM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

We open up with a very tough one to call. I don't know which way this one will go to be honest. Let's get started.

Bray Wyatt

The Eater of Worlds

bray-wyatt-smile.jpg

VS

Becky Lynch

The Lass Kicker

5dd5514bd260bfaa244dd2ec3c056717_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Going to say becky slightly for this one as both have been mishandled a lot since brought up but i think illl give this one to becky as since she went to smackdown shes been the most over and is helping carry the divsion which has been hugely entertaining since the draft even though i thought it was going to be a mess.

Bray has had so much crap thrown at him by the booking and his often boring long winded promos have been meh for me. even though hes had a few great moments its disappointing in how he is booked constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Im gonna go with Bray, even though he has been mishandled he has had some fairly major storylines. His debut was hotly anticipated, his plot with Daniel Bryan really helped DB gettin to Mania, has competed against Cena and Taker at seperate manias. The gimmick is over, despite alot of silly stuff, which is a testament to the man. Good worker who has great matches. Have to think a few tweaks to his character and he would of been main event level alot more.

Becky had a great match at mania and a nice moment at Backlash, other then that I dont think there has been much of note as she played second fiddle before the draft.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Becky has had the over all better run and had more impact overall on the division she's in.b it it's so small is it that big an achievement

Bray has been up against nearly every big name big Mania matches the works. but just doesn't ever win and feels like an afterthought. He should be a challenger to World titles and have some of the fear factor the undertaker used to have. Bit no.

My Gut says Becky as first female draft pick for Smackdown and first Smackdown womens champion. Just seems to fit ( ugh I hate the term) better than Bray an it's not because she's Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Becky for me. Bray has been mishandled to the point where I have so little time for any work of his. He had promise but his character is the wrestler equivalent of TNA, plenty of potential but mismanaged to a point where its damaged beyond repair.

Becky has slowly and steadily grown since her NXT days and is always interesting to watch. Becky for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Gotta say Becky also and I think the other three have said all that needs to be said on why really.

Becky Balboa goes through and knocks out a real heavyweight in doing so. Our next bout sees two former NXT Champions do battle. Who'll come out on top?

Big E

The Alpha Unicorn

121yaty.jpg

Vs

Seth Rollins

The Architect

seth-rollins-wwe-champ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Seth hands down.

Although Big E beat him for the NXT strap back in the day, Seth has had a much bigger impact on the main roster. He's being treated a bit like a modern day Shawn Michaels, and for good reason - he's pretty awesome.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Seth all the way,

And I won't be surprised if he goes on to win the whole thing. A bona fide main event now. They have created that top guy aura with him.

Sorry Big E

Seth Rollins for me, great great matches and is pushed as a big deal from the get go, the guy to turn heel on the shield was the biggest compliment they could give him.

Big E hasnt been that impressive, wish they kept the 5 cpunt when he first started! New Day helped revive him and can see him one day being a top guy, if given thw right push...like turn heel against the new day. Has a good arsenal also but its Seth at the moment for me!

Thanks for the thrwad aswell omack! Booked the week off work for my birthday today as thought fifa was out tuesday! Missus got me tickets to see Smackdown in Manchester in November! Been a good day lazing around!

• Advertisement

Seth easily for this hes one of the biggest names in the company. while big E has shone in the new day and i think him turning on the new day could be a big deal as i think he could be a great heel but seth is the man.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Feel Bad for Bray and now for Big E round 1 seems too early for their exit

Big E could have actually been a main eventer imo if given the right push and even though I do enjoy his work and think he is doing very well for himself it is very hard to put him in Seth's league as Seth could very easily win this thing outright.

Rollins rolls over Big E in a white wash, expect him to go far. We've an intergender handicap match up next. I don't know who'd win in a legit fight.

Nia Jax

Not Like Most Girls

Nia_Jax_stat--bcb1d92f794fb6f6a54c0ae0f27bf879.png

VS

The Hype Bros

Woo Woo Woo, You Know It Bro!

92dd0487324bd95197b62fbf69309f13.jpg

Neither have won me over but I see a lot more potential in Nia

Jax FTW

Yeah has to be Jax

there's a lot more potential for her she won't end up as fodder as quickly imo

I dont like Jax at all. Mojo has a fun enthusiasm about him and I like Zack. Think they will have a nice little run on Smackdown eventually. So im gonna go with The Hype bros

I despise both. But I think there is more potential in they Hype Bros.

Nia can never be a face. But imagine a hyped up bad guy ass kicker Mojo Rawley. Scary

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Jax for me , the best of a bad round ..... MOJO IS INSUFFERABLE!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Jax easily. She has only been wrestling on tv a year and is second best booked female on raw (probably 3rd best overall if we include guys given Jericho is better)

beakerjoe wrote: »

this really

but not huge fan of either so ill go with nia

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »

You aint hyped

Nia beats the Hype Bros 4-2 to advance. We've a similar bout here now but it might not be as closely contested.

The Ascension

Welcome to the Wasteland

hqdefault.jpg

VS

Bayley

''It's Bayley!!!''

Bayley.jpg

Bailey. She's 56 times the wrestler that the 2 lads are. Combined.

Bayley

She is a great wrestler and although she hasn't had a perfect intro to the main roster she will never sink to the Ascencions level.

Predicting an easy white wash win for Bayley here tbh

Definitely Bayley.

She's straight in as a top female wrestler and doesn't look out of place

The ascension are almost irreversibly damaged

Bayley i dont really think theres much to add

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Bayley by a country mile.

The ascension, even from the get go on the main roster always stunk of a jobber team

Edit: Fantastic idea for a tourney. Be really interesting to see the QF's onwards. Many very worthy possible winners of this.

Once again a top lady beats a jobber tag team! Oh my lord I think the Random Number Generator TM is stuck in some sort of time loop because for the third time in a row we've a similar match up from the draw...

The Vaudevillains

Quite Manly!

the-vaudevillians.jpg

VS

Sasha Banks

The Boss

63d0becad685b049ce946e5c1a70b95d_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Sasha. And its not even close and im a fan of the Vauds. Sasha will be a top heel of the Womens division if her body can hold up.

• Advertisement

You just wrote once again a top lady beats a jobber tag team and here we go again.

I'm not sold on here Boss character especially as a face buy Sasha is 100 times better than the Vaudvillians who are only 1 rung above the Ascencion for me

Advertisement