Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards NXT Alumni/Call-Up Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I love Paige, but it's Sami for me.

Match of the night whenever he was on NXT, and there are big things ahead for him in the coming years on the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

sami for me hes been invovled with great matched ladder match and owens which was one of my matches of the year at battleground. then he is in a promising feud with jericho at the minute.

paige has been a disappointment for since she was called up. highly overrated and has regressed since. i think fame especially with total divas has gone to her head.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

SCORE UPDATE:

That makes it Paige 3 - 3 Sami Zayn. Next to get a vote progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Sammy

Hasn't been booked great during his run but has produced gold anytime he's stepped into ring and if he was on Smackdown would probably be up there as upper mid carder challenging for the belt.

After probably the match of the tournament, we have 3 of our semi finalists. There's only one remaining berth and it's gonna go to one of our last remaining ladies.

Charlotte

Genetically Superior

20391260-mmmain.jpg

Roll of Honour

NXT Women's Championship (1 time)
    ---
    WWE Divas Championship (1 time, final)
    WWE Raw Women's Championship (2 times, current)

Vs

Bayley

''It's Bayley!!!''

Bayley.jpg

Roll of Honour

NXT Women's Championship
    NXT Year-End Award for Female Competitor of the Year (2015)
    NXT Year-End Award Match of the Year (vs. Sasha Banks at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn)

• Advertisement

Charlotte for me. shes been a great heel and one of the only true heels theyve got and has improved in ring a lot since getting called up.

Bayley is only new and hasnt done much yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If this was about their time in NXT then it'd be Bayley but talking about call ups to the main roster it has to be Charlotte as Bayley has barely been there a month while Charlotte has been the top dog of all the ladies on the main roster.

Wooooo

Charlotte for me. Far better in ring performer. I like Bailey and all, but Charlotte could be the best female in ring performer ever, when all is said and done. And she's almost been booked like a female Brock Lesnar, she's held that belt a long time now (with the exception of the few weeks Sasha had it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Charlotte.

Charlotte was great on NXT and has established herself as the main female heel in the WWE. Bailey while also great on NXT has yet to properly establish herself on the main cards.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Charlotte for me. Far better in ring performer. I like Bailey and all, but Charlotte could be the best female in ring performer ever, when all is said and done. And she's almost been booked like a female Brock Lesnar, she's held that belt a long time now (with the exception of the few weeks Sasha had it)

This might be unpopular and is off topic but I don't actually think Charlotte is the best of the female workers at the moment. She has however improved an awful lot in that regard and has been booked very well plus her move set is less error inducing as is often the case with heels but I wouldn't have her as best in ring performer even of the current crop let alone all time (though obviously she could continue to improve and enter that discussion and that'd def be helped if they continue to book her as strong as they have)

still a deserving winner here anyway outside of my opinion on that

• Advertisement

This might be unpopular and is off topic but I don't actually think Charlotte is the best of the female workers at the moment. She has however improved an awful lot in that regard and has been booked very well plus her move set is less error inducing as is often the case with heels but I wouldn't have her as best in ring performer even of the current crop let alone all time (though obviously she could continue to improve and enter that discussion and that'd def be helped if they continue to book her as strong as they have)

still a deserving winner here anyway outside of my opinion on that

id actually put here 3rd in just the 4 horsewomen perspective. bayley and becky are more smooth and better technically. Sasha is as sloppy as charlotte but sasha is quite reckless with her own body uncomfortable so for me.

And so we come to the Final 4. All have been top of their division in NXT. Most have gone on to recreate that on the step up. All have shined when given the chance. The draw for the first semi final will take place momentarily and we're gonna rev it up and do it Big E style here, ''I need five!''. Five votes will send your man.....
    Triple-threat.jpg

or woman.....

811aacde352b791713ba50d5bdab6dbf.jpg

through to the Grand Finale of the PW Boards NXT Alumni Tournament.

Two brash arrogant elite athletes do battle in our opening semi-final match. As cocky as they are, they both back it up and then some. Both dominated NXT and WWE in their respective divisions and both look set to do so for quite some time. So will it be The Man or The Queen? You decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm gonna vote Seth Rollins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Seth. By a decent amount too.

He is going forward the man carrying the can for wwe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Seth. He's one of the faces of the company, there's few that have managed what he's done, NXT call up or not. He deserves to be in the final.

Seth has to be.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Has to be Seth

Really good final 4 there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yup it's gotta be Seth. The Shield are arguably the greatest faction of all time- Their booking, talents and arch are all five star. Since their break up he has been the standout.

He's gonna be THE man going forward for sure.

Also Seth. Been my guy throughout (although Charlotte has been my pick of the gals).

• Advertisement

This bout is special. Not just for NXT, not just for WWE and not just for this tournament. These two guys have gone to war with each other in every promotion that matters in the US. They've tagged to great success too. They've been best of friends. They've been worst of enemies. Here, they're simply in each others way for a spot in the final. It's decision time.

Kevin Owens

Fight Owens Fight

kevin-owens-2.jpg

Roll of Honour

NXT Championship (1 time)
    ---
    WWE Intercontinental Championship (2 times)
    WWE Universal Championship (1 time, current)

VS

Sami Zayn

The Underdog from the Underground

Superstar-Category_Superstar_562x408_samiZayn.png

Roll of Honour

NXT Championship (1 time)
    NXT Superstar of the Year (2014)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Ah has to be Kevin Owens for me.

He's one of the best things in wrestling at the moment and his work always stood out to me.

Ah Omack, you've gone and done it now.

From Steen vs el Generico to present day Owens vs Zayn, these 2 have had some crazy battles down through the years. Who do I choose? How do i choose?

I'm literally going to have to flip a coin here. Love both guys. Sami Zayn, from the music to the easy going personality, to the Match of the night every night ability - then Kevin Owens, The mic work, the ring skills, and the best heel in the business right now.

Heads: Zayn
    Tails: Owen

Here we go.....

HEADS - Sami gets my vote

KO to me him and seth have had the best call ups and its the deserving final

Who's better who's my fav its tight (though I def could pick) but who was the better call up.... KO

The only person who could beat out Rollins in this thing imo

I'd have to give the nod to KO here. I feel the WWE missed a big trick in not having them go one on one at WrestleMania instead of the multi man match, could've made them both bigger stars. However, they've booked Kevin very strongly since and made him a focal (and vocal) point.

Owens gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Owens

32 hopefuls started out, we are down to our final two combatants and how fitting it is that it's two of the hottest acts in the company. Both are brash, both are cocky and both can back up their big mouths. Both have been NXT Champion, both have been World Champion...but only one can be called the absolute best call up from Full Sail University. It boils down to this; the man with the most votes overall wins this thing outright. I'll mail all voters in this tournament so far and we'll get our ultimate answer by tonight.
    Seth The Architect Rollins
    VS
    Kevin Prize Fighter Owens

Hometown:Davenport,Iowa
    Marieville,Quebec
    Weight:217lbs
    266lbs
    Pro Debut:2005
    Finisher:Pedigree
    Pop-Up Powerbomb

rollins-belt.jpg

ed3baa736be54be181c1ba0fe003e914.jpg

tumblr_ocpdvfdKjA1saykaxo3_400.gif

This is a well deserved final. The 2 top WWE stars at the moment.

KO is the longest reigning Universal champion in WWE history ;) that's a huge honour

Seth is great his time in the shield to his solo run as champ was brilliant.

Both great on the mic both well able to go in ring

But for impact on the WWE landscape Seth Rollins gets my vote. and it's a hard choice to make

• Advertisement

I'm gonna put this out there but I had a feeling Rollins might win this outright from the beginning.

That said im going for Kevin Owens!

I said this in a previous round but Owens since his call up has been awesome.

The Universal champion had a great albeit short run in NXT and getting debuted on the main roster while still the NXT champ and beating John Cena in his first match was huge. He has held the US & Intercontinental championships along the way not to mention getting to powerbomb a celeb (well MachineGunKelly) off the stage and through a table to becoming the top dog in the industry (sorry AJ but you just know they place that belt above yours).

So has Rollins been but I really didn't enjoy large parts of his cheating heel champ run where he really wasn't portrayed well whilst even when Owens wasn't being pushed as I think he should I still loved everything he did cos he is so good on the Mic and the ring that the non McMahon storylines couldn't hold him down.

Advertisement