Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

It's a very 'Face' finisher anyway. I'd agree there shoud be something ground-based to have too.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I find her moonsault bad as she misses her landing on her opponent and seems nervous on the top rope for moves, no doubt she is a potential star, future world champion but still needs work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

Just caught up on Smackdown, loved it.

First off having the first ring canvas sponsor be a heel move is genius. Really helping Logan's character, takes away how obnoxious it looks and whenever they do put a new sponsor it will be welcomed. Also like the KSI stuff with Randy surprisingly, even though these Youtube lads are a dose.

I found the Bianca/Naomi segment interesting. I like that faces can disagree with one another without looking like bad guys and think conflicted faces and a shaken Bayley is gonna help her become a monster babyface again soon.

The Bloodline segment was awesome overall. Love the Rock's new entrance. Seth snapping on the Rock was excellent (can't believe we got diarrhea chants cause that promo on Monday was bad). Roman looked pretty weak but think they're leaning into that for the Rock to turn on him eventually. Having the Rock lean into the boss persona that can make business calls is a great idea too. Cody didn't have much to do but him getting his slap back felt big. Buzzing for this tag match and a night 2 that is probably going to be an absolute overbooked fun mess. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

New theme to go along with the new entrance. Well, a remixed theme. Seems to be all his music mixed together. From the regular theme to The Rock Says to Hollywood Rock.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Highly doubt Gable gets added to the IC match now the US one is confirmed as a triple threat.

• Advertisement

The Rock's heel theme remix is awesome as was his whole Rock concert, loved it! I genuinely never want to see him again as a face. It also makes me hope he does a villain role in a movie since he seems so against it usually.

Rest of the show was decent. Really adding to the stacked Mania card. US title triple threat is okay, could have done with more people for me but I already got my ladder clusterf*&k win the tag division so I can't complain. Although I do think there's a real lack of stipulations on the card and would like a few more. LA Knight vs AJ has been a decent build and will probably be a good match, I would have liked Knight to go after Logan Paul. Could stilll hold that for Summerslam if he retains.

Not sure how many more matches we'll get. Women's tag? Naomi and Bianca maybe teaming to take on Damage Ctrl for the tag belts. Wonder if they'll try squeeze Jade onto the card too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Will KO and Orton turn on each other next week or wait a couple weeks?

So is Trick over with the crowd or do they just enjoy chanting "Whoop that Trick!"? I think it's more the latter as the chats are happening when a fight is happening or they want it to happen as opposed to when crowds chant for other wrestlers while bored.

I think I'd prefer Bayley vs. Dakota, Iyo is just bland

Theory whom I am a fan of his selling, fumbled that jumped into RKO

Heel Rock singing was great

Nick Aldis reportedly suffered an injury recently, and is expected to undergo surgery on his arm.

The belief among some within the company is that he may have suffered a torn bicep.

Are we expecting Cody to get ambushed and battered tonight in his solo meeting with Roman

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Very solid Smackdown. Dom vs Rey 2 looks on the cards but I wonder where Santos and all the others fit into this. Maybe Andrade as well?

Slowly creeping towards a Damage Ctrl VS Naomi & Bianca match from the looks of it. Question is will they go 6 person and add Jade or will the titles be on the line.

Funny how it's taken so long for Smackdown to get their tag teams decided for the ladder match. Tag Belts definitely need splitting at Mania as both divisions are stacked. I'd like to see Waller and Theory qualify along with New Catch Republic. Strange that Lashley vs Kross hasn't been added to Mania, feels like their build on Smackdown is worthy of at least a kickoff show match.

Can't beat a bit of home invasion in a feud. Not exactly Triple H Randy Orton levels of menacing but moves Styles/Knight along nicely. Should be a decent match at Mania.

Main event segment was decent, if nothing spectacular. Both not coming alone was fairly predictable tbh though it was fairly fresh to see Roman gazumped at the end. I don't know what else there is to say for either side now and we're still four shows out from Mania, be better to see Seth pivot to build his match with Drew some more and also have more Roman/Cody focus for last few weeks. Strange that once again Solo has no match yet will likely be pivotal in the feuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I think jade will be in the 3v3 tag match v damage control, they already planted that seed recently. They'll get to give her Mania spotlight and no doubt some spot in the match where her and Bianca test feats of strength

I liked Randy and KO together, shame Logan will probably end up retaining at WM, RK KO could be a good tag team

I felt Cody and Roman even though they were talking truths felt a bit flat

I wonder will we get a huge all involved brawl before WM

I thought Andrade vs. Dom might happen but Dom vs. Rey II feels right with Dom getting the win at WM

I think it's the right way to go too, as otherwise Dakota doesn't get a Mania slot either. Get the feeling Bianca might be slowly turning heel as well which would set her up for challenging Bayley down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,061 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I mean, they might kill Cody's character if they do this, but the closer it gets, the more I think a Roman retain is on the cards.

The heat is transferring to Rock/Cody now, so unless I see the payoff of Rock turning on Roman at Mania, I could easily see a scenario where Rock pins Seth in the tag match, Seth loses to Drew, then Seth screws Cody.

I hope not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Since Solo Sikoa beat John Cena at Crown Jewel in November he has lost his next 35 consecutive matches the aura of killer has gone right off him now.

I saw this statistic and had to check it out. Nearly all of them are house shows.

5 of them were televised. 2 of which were tag matches and 1 was a DQ loss.

Let's not rush into hysterics.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yeh the House Show stuff makes literally no difference

Solo still has a great look/aura about him no matter what (as it currently is)

He is part of one of the biggest storylines ever in WWE, I'm sure he will get a push maybe as a "Solo" Heyman guy soon enough, keeps in character well

• Advertisement

The crowd hot for Carlito but Rey picks Dragon

I'd prefer Rey vs. Dom in a singles match

LWO could take on LSF maybe pre show or at WM if not full carded out yet

Reigns ordered "The Final Boss" The Rock to take out Cody, yes I believe that Paul

Escobar definitely deserves a match at Mania for his work this year so I'm happy enough with that. Carlito preferable to Dragon Lee but whatever, we might get a turn at Mania which would suit Carlito better anyways.

Six woman tag action confirmed, great to see all of Damage Ctrl getting matches but once again the women's tag belts… just dump them already if you're not going to use them at all. Jade's presentation was absolutely brilliant. She looks every bit the next superstar in fairness.

The Knight/Styles segment was bloody great too. Loved the couple of fake outs before Max Dupri morphed into LA Knight in six seconds 😂

Delighted A Town Down Under got through. Waller and Theory are established enough to deserve a slot in the match and they've been part of big segments this year so getting onto the card was definitely deserved. Ditto for New Catch Republic. That match is stacked now.

Feel a bit for the Street Profits but they've not really done anything of late tbh. Still time for another six person tag match (Lashleys group vs Final Testament) to be added either to the preshow or to the main card, but I reckon it might just be on Smackdown next week.

That's ok too because it would be the match I'd be least invested in for Mania, the rest of the card though is pretty damn perfect. There isn't a single announced match I'm not looking forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Cotts72

On paper a lucha team of Rey and DL appeals much more than Carlito...they want Dragon Lee to be their next Latino megastar so this has to be the way to do it ...they need to give him a win though as he hasn't been booked great since moving up

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Good Smackdown the main event is red hot so the shift to get heat on some of the midcard feuds was a great shout.

Every match in mania this year feels important.

Andre Battle Royal

You'd think Bron or Solo would enter

No New Testament or Lashleys group in that... Methinks it may end up as a Mania match.

Post edited by Necro on

Yeah Jade looks a star, much as she did in AEW and has since she arrived in WWE. They're presenting her well and should keep doing what they're doing. A six woman is a great way of covering her shortcomings while giving her ring time and feeling like a big deal too.

Agree that there really isn't a match at Mania that I'm not excited or at this point. Before this Smackdown AJ/LA and The US title triple threat were probably the examples but think what they've done with this here made me more invested already.

I think Dragon Lee is a good shout but definitely think it could lead to a Carlito turn even though I'm not sure how interesting that storyline would be.

Loved Io and Bayleys fight during a promo segment too, just felt fresh. As does some of the camerawork. Buzzing for Mania atm.

As for Bron or Solo entering the battle Royale… no thanks, it's a step down for both. Bron will get a good build post Mania I predict (doesn't he still have the tag titles with Corbin on NXT and is defending them next Saturday anyways?) and Solo will prob be involved in three matches at Mania. Absolutely no need for them to be in it at all. Chad Gable winning would be a nice start to Mania weekend. Andrade also a fine winner.

Oh yes I forgot about Bron tagging with Corbin in NXT

Any update on a return for Sheamus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,833 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'm thinking Gunther retains at Mania, and is giving a speech about being untouchable on the Raw after Mania, when Sheamus music hits and the big man comes out.

Advertisement