Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Nope neither. Hhh is on tonight to talk about the fallout. I imagine paul E will be there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Murt2024

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Over 12,000 tickets have been distributed for tonight’s #SmackDown . 

(WrestleTix)

Business is good for TKO.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Drew is on fire, DM Hunk 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

Drew has really been awesome as a heel and I definitely don't believe for a second that he hasn't re-signed.

Love the corporate Triple H and the authority figures promo against the Bloodline and the Rock. Really made me wish we could get some Triple H/Rock moment at WM.

DIY/BSS was great, expected DIY to win tbh.

Liked Dakota siding with Bayley, kinda expected it. Mind you she has a history of turning on people so not sure how long that will last haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Unless he hasn't signed a new deal I think they need to put the title on drew at Mania, he's been on fire in recent weeks and deserves that Mania moment

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Every time I hear DIY's entrance, it reminds me of AJ's TNA music.

So with Pete/Tyler being the next challengers at EC, who will be the likely opponents for Mania?

Being reminded that Sami main evented last year means the women's rumble winner didn't. So surely they wouldn't bump the winner 2 years in a row. I guess it's up to Bayley and Iyo to show they belong in the main event since that's why Sami was main eventing with people more invested in his story.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If you’d told me a month ago we’d be getting a face HHH having issues with a heel Rock, and the fans would be fully on board with it, I’d have called you crazy 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Orton looks juiced out of his gourd.

• Advertisement

Was he injured or just selling Sami took him to the limit

I'm assuming even though US champ that Logan Paul will be put in the chamber for some spot fest

Roman and Rock on next week with Heyman, build up Jimmy and Solo doing more for Rock than Roman, maybe ignoring Roman's orders but not Rock's, seeds planted of new Bloodline chief table head

I'd like Michin Mia to get a push not fed to everyone, losing

I'm not convinced Dakota is on Bayley's side

Bron the next Heyman guy?

Shotzi out of the EC qualifier due to injury being replaced by Alba Fyre.

Also affects next week's NXT since she was due to have a title match.

It's a double Smackdown taping tonight

Was thinking was to get Rock and Roman on 2 episodes while they had them then remembered it's due to EC being next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sum treat for ticket holders tbh

Who would of guessed when they went on sale that The Rock would appear in person

Rocky old school

Good promo

The Nation of Bloodline Domination 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Jesus. That was perfect. Rock with the gaudy shirt and sunglasses, being the perfect heel, doing the "no sing along with the Rock" and becoming part of the bloodline. My word, I know he probably can't go in the ring anymore but seeing heel Rock again is amazing. Also, changing the "if ya smell" to something different was such a good move too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,102 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Clear to me he's turning on Roman at Mania.

Even points to Reigns as he says 'loser'. Then does a gun salute instead of the proper 'Ones' finger.

I'll be shocked if it's not a scenario where Cody is about to win, and all Roman has left is The Rock. And instead of whacking Cody, he walks away. I don't think they should have Rock beat Roman, but rather allow Cody beat Roman in a fair fight.

Then Rock/Roman for WM41.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Fair play to Jimmy, he stands out the most in that shot!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I feel they need Cody to beat Roman, and then spend a few months with Roman finding his throne taken from him.

Play into the angle that Roman is now realizing how Jimmy & Jay felt, cause Rock is now treating him like that. Hell, have Rock win the title back over the summer, maybe.

But definitly build for a year to Roman vs Rock, with Roman transitioning over that time into a face, reuniting the bloodline again but as good guys, and dethroning the Rock as the head of the table.

They've been incredibly lucky the fans have stood up and forced them into making this a long term story, cause the final act of the Bloodline shouldn't be rushed. There's a lot of legs with a titleless Roman and a uber-heel Rock.

So even though he's the US champ, this was Logan's first TV match. Was trying to think who will take the title off him and will it be at Mania. At the moment they have 2 singles titles and both are part timers.

Have to laugh at the fact that Nick is having a supposedly important meeting with Jade and Bron, while Bianca and Liv just hang out in the same room.

Dakota turning on Bayley as well? Probably decided to keep her friendly with Bayley but really working with Iyo and the Warriors.

Thought Cody was going to come out and attack The Rock Bloodline

La Knight to win the US title off Logan at Mania

How dare they feed Big Body Javi to AoP?

Heel Rock don't even care that Cody won the rumble, was his promo scripted or just winged on the spot?

Felt mostly improvised as you’d like to think an agent would have rock at least mention the rumble win.

Just finished watching The Rock/Bloodline segment.

The Rock, when holding up the ONE finger had his hand in the shape of an L, is that purely coincidence or are they setting the table?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

The Rock wearing a sleeveless $500 Versace shirt because his juiced-up biceps can't fit through the sleeves of his 99/00 shirts. It's hard to take him seriously as a heel, he's a legend in the business and if we learned anything from his 2003 run, he's too funny and charismatic to stay a heel, they even gave him slow, heel music, a slow entrance/walk to the ring - the same kind of make-over Roman Reigns got for his heel turn - but the fans started cheering him again after a few weeks. He insulted local sports teams back in 2003 and that only got cheap heat on TV, while the fans at home watching on TV found it amusing.

It should be interesting to see what tactics they're going to employ to make the fans boo him.

• Advertisement

Grayson and Roman's "chat" went no where

Advertisement