Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Imagine. Old music and all.

"It's a shame that they lost their head..."

• Registered Users Posts: 37,793 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Truly begins tonight

Breaker or Bronson Reed for the Andre Battle Royal

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I agree with the tag and Seth"s match I think Seth will turn heel. Cody will win with I say Reigns getting a Rock Bottom after.

Seth will then transfer to Smackdown and fued with Cody. But given The Rock is starting filming a new film after I have no idea if they can continue his angel.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,085 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jey is taking on Solo, expect a dq finish with Jimmy getting involved

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just thinking with the men's battle royal, that we haven't had a women's one in a while. Looked it up and they only had 2 with the second/last in 2019. Seems the pandemic stopped them. Surprised they didn't start again.

Of course, the fact the battle royal is on Smackdown kinda defeats the purpose since wasn't the original reason for it happening to get more wrestlers a Mania spot/payday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Pre mania Smackdown, let’s go!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

No Gable in the Andre the Giant match...

Interesting.

Bit of a mess there for JD Mcdonaghs elimination

Deserved winner in Bronson Reed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Tozawa took a nasty bump aswell

• Advertisement

There was a lot of mess tbh. Garza threw himself out, Ivar missed Otis throwing Tozawa which could have gone very very wrong, Omos got a big entrance then eliminated during commercials...

Omos is a waste of time these days..a fearsome giant that loses every match 😂

I think we might get an angle of Orton and Owens destroying Waller and theory...leading to their spot in the tag match being taken

Update: maybe not 😂

Are we getting a Carlito heel turn and move to legado?

Candice LeRae called and wants royalties from Zelina Vega🤣

Most definitely. I reckon Andrade might end up being Rey's partner tomorrow night yet seeing as he wasn't in the battle royal. Leading to more annoyance from Carlito at not being picked.

Either that or they just straight up swap in Carlito and have him turn on Rey at Mania.

Edit: Yep. Andrade a logical switch. Keep the Carlito turn as a slow burn.

They had to do something with andrade but ya gotta feel for dragon lee 😂

Yeah the match is really turning into a big mess and fans don't really care tbh

All 4 members of Damage Control are in matches at Mania yet not 1 on Smackdown. Bayley just gets a video. And the 3 women's promo felt a bit flat.

I was thinking though with the theme they're going with for Jade, was she auditioning for the role of Storm in the new X-Men movie?

And what's with Zelina always bringing a slipper to the ring? Especially when Toni Storm is doing a better ongoing thing involving a shoe.

I know Carlito is likely turning but I think they rushed that bit. Maybe have Carlito offer to take Lee's place or have more of a reaction to them saying Andrade would take his place.

Did Seth even offer the belt to Jey before he started whipping Jimmy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ThePott

Pointless Smackdown. Highlight was probably LA Knight accidentally swallowing his gum mid-promo. I enjoyed the Logan-KO-Randy stuff. I also like that they didn't do the usual, faces turning on each other because "there'll be no friends in the match tomorrow", just seems obvious.

Outside of that this was mostly packages (which they can save for the weekend), they clearly didn't want anyone on the card to take any major risks or gave them a chance to rest up (which is good but doesn't make for a very exciting watch).

The Andre Battle Royal was a mess as it often is. Good choice to win in Bronson Reed. Hope Tozawa is alright, that was rough.

Few things to add to your post. Jade actually went semi-viral before she even debuted in AEW for her cosplay as Storm ( https://www.cbr.com/x-men-jade-cargill-storm-cosplay/ ) She had done other cosplays but that one hit big.

As for Zelina, it's a Chancla. She introduced it last year at Backlash in Puerto Rico, it's a sort of cultural reference to the Latin-American community. Basically what Latina mothers would use for punishment with their kids, basically their equivalent of the 'wooden spoon'. She was doing it before Toni debuted as Timeless Toni Storm.

I feel for Bayley, the rumble winner, in a WM title match and getting overlooked in favour of Jade whose in tag match against Bayley's former faction, not to mention Iyo being a bland champion but it had one build segment, they could have given them the contract segment

Jade came across weak on the mic and I didn't feel the crowd were interested in StormEstGlow or what ever the trio are getting called

• Registered Users Posts: 30,846 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It's gonna be them playing WWE 2K24 isn't it…

Assuming it's for a match at Backlash. Since it's in France and Owens speaks French, could it be him?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I don't think they'd be thick enough to put Owens against Cody in a French speaking country for fear of fans going against Cody.

I'd like to think it would be a heel; so AJ Styles probably, by process of Elimination. Santos Escobar has no right to be in those two Triple Threat matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,846 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Lashley might be a decent option too… they really need to start building him back up again after de-powering him so much.

Rumours of Toma tanga in town , wonder if he or Jacob Fatu will make a bloodline related appearance

Update : I wonder are we getting a bloodline split with Solo/Jacob Fatu becoming the leader of a new Bloodline…leading to reigns turning face and reuniting the OG Bloodline with the USOs v Solo, TTonga and Jacob Fatu at Summer slam?

Post edited by Cotts72 on

• Advertisement

Intresting Angle to go with the Bloodline and a real shot out of nowhere

Is Tama Tonga a cousin ?

Advertisement