Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

What happens now, no smack down women's match at mania🀔??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Charlotte is a crazy athlete. Got it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

It being for both titles is good but not a week before mania

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

J. Marston wrote: »
    Charlotte is a crazy athlete. Got it all.

And that's exactly why she's in the main event. She's adds loads to the match. It's a no brainer to have her in it.

I'm pissed off for Asuka so they've achieved their goal in getting heat on Charlotte I guess (although fans seemed to be favouring her during the match).

She is quality and just as good, if not better, than Charlotte/Becky/Ronda in the ring. It's just hard to build feuds around the language barrier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

would be a great face-turn for the Usos... or any tag team to lay down for the lads

• Registered Users Posts: 21,375 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Great long-term storytelling to have the Usos do that. Bryan and Rowan as the final team presumably.

Ha. well whayddya know

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Only home from Dublin too discover it never recorded

So what happened so far?

Charlotte beat Asuka for the SD Women's title.
    Big E and Xavier running the gauntlet for Kofi's WM spot. Usos walked out of the match giving them a free pass.
    Orton RKO'ed Styles at the beginning of the Angle / Stlyes match. so that was the end of that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

This is just making me want big E to get the title shot

Poor Rowan has got to be dead after that heinous table spot.
    Nobody could survive that....

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭RainNeverBow

Big E definitely deserves a title shot for entertainment alone rn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Hahaha I love Charlotte and she's the all round best that they have right now but that was embarrassing for Asuka. Another poxy tap out. When's her contract up?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

God, adding the Smackdown women’s title is the icing on the overbooked cake that is the main event for Mania. Don’t get me wrong, it will be awesome to see Becky win both titles. “The Man” gimmick will fit a unified title reign brilliantly. But it is so bloated of a story, and feels done cause they realized how pointless Charlotte was in the whole thing. If they’d made the decision weeks ago, it would have been a fascinating story, but it’s so lagged now.

And that’s before we talk their treatment of Asuka.

On the flipside' I loved the gauntlet match. The duo fighting for Kofi, the USO’s forfeiting (which is an amazing character moment, something we don’t get in WWe ever), to the fact that we get a long term tease for a Big e heel turn (since he was the one who finally earned Kofi his shot). Brilliant.

I don't think they'll put both titles on the line. Someone tweeted a photoshop recently of the 4HW with all the titles at the end of Mania and I think that is what they are actually going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Hahaha I love Charlotte and she's the all round best that they have right now but that was embarrassing for Asuka. Another poxy tap out. When's her contract up?

Asuka is a wonderful wrestler. She’s being booked horribly.
    WWE are putting all their eggs in this triple thereat storyline.

Asuka is much better than WWE are booking her, look at her first year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Yeh Charlotte's title isn't on the line, only Ronda's. Decent enough episode, the gauntlet was great, loved the Usos part.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,145 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I wholeheartedly and unreservedly apologise for complaining about the Kofi booking last week.

Having Kofi have friends willing to win a gauntlet like that to get to Wrestlemania was tremendous booking. Genius.

As much as this is all about Kofi getting his shot, I don't think it can be overstated just how ducking unbelievable Woods and Big E have been in their roles.

Kudos to WWE on that. Perfect.

I'll get on to Charlotte later.

yep the gauntlet was fantastic and whats great is you have Xavier from a few years saying all he wants is Kofi to win the wwe title more than anything else.

Although Xavier and Big E turning on Kofi on the smackdown after mania just keeps popping in my head

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »
    I don't think they'll put both titles on the line. Someone tweeted a photoshop recently of the 4HW with all the titles at the end of Mania and I think that is what they are actually going for.

The Charlotte vs Asuka should have been the Mania match.

It would be stupid to have Charlotte and Becky celebrating a Becky win together after this story.

The whole point of Charlotte winning should be she actually has something to offer the match now....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The whole women's match has been a booking mess since since it's inception as a three way. If you're going to have both titles showcased in the main event, get the belt on Charlotte months ago and have her steamroll people. Not stick it on her at the last minute for optics. Poxy. I really really have a low level of interest for this and it's a shame.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The Charlotte vs Asuka should have been the Mania match.

It would be stupid to have Charlotte and Becky celebrating a Becky win together after this story.

The whole point of Charlotte winning should be she actually has something to offer the match now....

i think the only way it would make any kind of sense for them to celebrate is if the rest of the mma 4 horsewomen attack charlotte and becky then sasha/bayley make the save

buy even then it wont make much sense after the story but its wwe when does that matter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Asuka is a wonderful wrestler. She’s being booked horribly.
    WWE are putting all their eggs in this triple thereat storyline.

Asuka is much better than WWE are booking her, look at her first year!

She won the Royal Rumble, was in the title match at Wrestlemania, and tapped out the hottest star in the company in January. It's not as bad as you might think by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I enjoyed Smackdown. The storytelling with Kofi has been great. It felt like a week too far at the end of last Tuesday's show, but this was phenomenal.

I wouldn't get myself too wound up about the minutiae of the womens title match. Once they get in the ring at whatever godforsaken hour next Sunday, the beat the clock silliness, the multiple titles, the crutch, etc...it's not going to resonate or matter. It will just be WWE's hottest talent, biggest star, and best female worker in the ring together tearing it down as the first 3 women to headline Wrestlemania, and we will all go nuts when Becky gets her hand raised. It will be great.

Asuka defending the title in a preshow match against Mandy or Sonya or 8 women in 6 minutes would not have benefited her or the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

What a mess they have made of what should have been becky v ronda, a complete and utter mess now........unless becky wins both titles using the stunner.... and then cracking open cans of guinness with Austin whose in her corner

Lord TSC wrote: »

True but they did have a warm hug in the middle of a heated feud so WWE won't worry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

How cringey will it be if they all have a group hug after the match? Surely not :P At least they came out and announced which match is going on last so those of us with little interest won't be up to the crack of dawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,422 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Steph will steal the spotlight when she comes out to present the belt and hug the winner before calling out all the other females on the roster to come to the ring.

• Advertisement

Steph will steal the spotlight when she comes out to present the belt and hug the winner before calling out all the other females on the roster to come to the ring.

It's actually going to happen, isn't it? She can't help herself.

Advertisement