Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

How many world titles do they have Ric down as winning? You know deep down Vince wants Charlotte to surpass that number :o

Before cena went making movies, I posted a few months back, she'd beat ric's record before him, it could still happen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

J. Marston wrote: »
    She adds little to nothing to the story but she definitely will add to the match. The high spots alone will be worth it. I'm expecting a double Spanish Fly.

Dean Malenko would have been a great addition to Rock vs Austin at WM17, would definitely improve the match

The night after the Rumble when it looked like it was Becky vs Ronda it was hot as hell and could have been one of the best main events ever, I’m a massive Charlotte fan but it’s not her time

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Im glad Charlotte is in the match in ring she is way ahead of Rhonda and Becky,yes the build for Rhonda v Becky would have been cool but the match itself would probably have been good not great,with Charlotte there to take most of the major bumps and do the top rope somersault stuff she pretty much ensures it will be great and deserved its main event spot regardless of who wins.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

nannerby wrote: »
    Im glad Charlotte is in the match in ring she is way ahead of Rhonda and Becky,yes the build for Rhonda v Becky would have been cool but the match itself would probably have been good not great,with Charlotte there to take most of the major bumps and do the top rope somersault stuff she pretty much ensures it will be great and deserved its main event spot regardless of who wins.

Why does the match have to have big major bumps etc?

You dont want the first womens main event to be like a 2008 divas match between Kelly Kelly and Torrie Wilson with soft punches and bumps

Even the likes of Alexa Bliss and Bayley had pathetic looking kendo shots not so long ago, but as we’ve seen when Charlotte wields ‘ken’ and Becky a crutch they’re not holding back in the slightest

Charlotte does give it all in the ring and it really comes across as a contest and a fight with her, but Ronda and Becky alone can also do that on their own with little bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This is going on after 6 or 7 hours of wrestling. You'll want moves that will wow the crowd.

With that said, Charlotte is supposed to be a heel but people tend to get behind her in matches because her moveset is so face-y. It happened in the Asuka match to an extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

As I don't see it mentioned, the reason for Charlotte being in the match is fairly simple. WWE knows that this is the only time they'll have the first womens main event in Wrestlemania history. They're also aware Ronda's major run is ending shortly, so she won't be around as much. Therefore, they need to make a secondary star at Beckys level, and positioning Charlotte in the match is designed to accomplish that. Which, I would suspect, it will go a long way toward doing.

It will also probably help the in ring as there's no female performer who has consistently delivered at a high level in big match situations as Charlotte has.

I think factoring that in, it is probably the right call from a big picture business perspective to go with the three way.

However, speaking purely for myself as a fan, I would prefer the straight singles match. The only positive is that is still in the back pocket for down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Just seen the Angle-Styles segment.
    The only thing sader than that Angle slam to Orton was seeing Kurt run. How he achieved medical clearance is beyond me. I can't remember seeing many look as physically rough wrestling full time in WWE.
    2 notes on Shane vs Miz; they are trying to use Miz's dad to draw heat as if he is who Shane is fighting. Also I can see Shane vs Kofi happening if both win and WWE don't get cold feet on Kofi as they damn sure won't on Shane.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ERG89 wrote: »
    Just seen the Angle-Styles segment.
    The only thing sader than that Angle slam to Orton was seeing Kurt run. How he achieved medical clearance is beyond me. I can't remember seeing many look as physically rough wrestling full time in WWE.

Only person I recall looking as bad was Taker when he faced Reigns tbh.

Its a pity WWE wouldnt take him back at some stage from 2012-2016, he never looked that bad before he went back to the WWE i dont think

I dont get how he seemingly couldnt get cleared back so many years ago when looked fine in TNA and elsewhere, or at least nowhere near as bad as now

• Advertisement

It is a legitimate curiosity that Kurt Angle is cleared. I really hope he does not work with Rey on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

this will go peacefully :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Expect a few meta indie jabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

this is a tasty segment...

i still think orton could offer a lot if he was bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Big E with the Quil and the Sherlock Holmes pipe :) the dude is just too fcuking cool.

ah the 'looking strong pose' the show before a ppv

So Orton will lose and Ricochet/Black wont win the tag titles ;)

how are they going too top the RKO from the ropes at mania ??

jesus Sanity a team who had so much potential but lost in the shuffle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

There you go Asuka, there's your reward for last week. Worth it what?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i dont know who this traumatized more me or mandy

https://twitter.com/tde_wrestling/status/1113252651615920128

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Zelina looked tiny among her team before the match. Think she was injured then or something because when she got out she sat on the ring for a bit and said something to Lana.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A new weekly Studio show to go with Smackdown on Fox.

“To take people deeper into what goes on behind the scenes to being a WWE superstar... I can’t wait for this. If you're a WWE fan, across the board, this is the show that will be a can't miss."

https://twitter.com/FTFonFS1/status/1114158123927908352

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looks like HHH brought a WWE cameraman with him.

So it's going to be like Talking Smack?

No SD on the schudule for weds morning this week ??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

PTH2009 wrote: »

Sky Sports Mix

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »

Vince scrapped it. Gonna have a 5 hour episode of Raw tonight instead :pac:

After last night's lackluster raw tonight we have the SD live after mania which will no doubt be another loud vocal crowd

New day are throwing a celebration too celebrate Kofis title win. Surely someone will be interrupting

Usos vs Hardyz for the tag titles announced too

I enjoyed Raw. Good opening segment, nice segment with Becky, Lars debut was good, Taker surprise was fun, Zayn - Balor was good, Zayn heel promo too. Also a a couple good tag matches.

Final hurdle of mania week is reached

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So who crashes Kofi's celebration?

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So who crashes Kofi's celebration?

Big E and woods turning here I feel

Advertisement