Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One S

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I thought Blu Rays were all Region Free

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I thought Blu Rays were all Region Free

400px-Blu-ray-regions_with_key.svg.png

Most are apparently, but there are region restrictions on others.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Movie studios have different region coding policies. Among major U.S. studios, Walt Disney Pictures, Warner Bros., Paramount Pictures, Universal Studios, and Sony Pictures have released most of their titles region-free. MGM and Lions Gate Entertainment have released a mix of region-free and region-coded titles. 20th Century Fox has released most of their titles region-coded.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

If you are looking to buy a specific title, I'd suggest going to blu-ray.com, and under the review you will see a link for region coding, and people who have bought the disc will confirm what region players it will work in. Often times the studio will label a disc as region A for example and it will work in all regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'd love to try a 4k blu-ray with the setup I have, see how it compares to Netflix streamed 4k.

Anyone point the way to the nearest video rental shop? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Anyone point the way to the nearest video rental shop? :D

If you go past Quinnsworth, there's an old Chartbuster where the bus stop used to be. :D

faker74 wrote:
    If you are looking to buy a specific title, I'd suggest going to blu-ray.com, and under the review you will see a link for region coding, and people who have bought the disc will confirm what region players it will work in. Often times the studio will label a disc as region A for example and it will work in all regions.
    Will check out Blu-ray.com for region availability. Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 SodaAndSoap84

What 4K TV are using?

I picked up a Sony KD49XD7005 (so basically an entry level) at a decent price. Don't regret it one bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I just noticed the One S has an IR blaster built into it. How do you use it to control your devices in the room?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i have ascended to the one s

got the blue fifa bundle in argos with a second controller for 289

going to trade in my old one into cex

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Tinie wrote: »
    I just noticed the One S has an IR blaster built into it. How do you use it to control your devices in the room?

You might have found this already Tinie, but here's a quick guide from IGN for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Buttros

Major Nelson has tweeted that a patch to elder scrolls online will give it HDR support. Don't have it but wouldn't it be nice if other previously released games went a similar route :-) I hadn't realised that would happen for any games.

• Advertisement

Buttros wrote: »
    Major Nelson has tweeted that a patch to elder scrolls online will give it HDR support. Don't have it but wouldn't it be nice if other previously released games went a similar route :-) I hadn't realised that would happen for any games.

I think HDR support on Xbox One may benefit from the existence of the PS4 Pro, as a lot of companies want to be seen to be jumping on the 4K bandwagon. The HDR support would be pretty easy to port across to the Xbox, plus they might as well add support for 4k as well, seeing as Scorpio is coming next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Any info on if 1080p blu-ray movies are upscaled during playback?

Just curious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Recently acquired an xbox one S and I'm trying to setup my headset.
    Apparently with the xbox one 's' controller, you can connect your headphones via the phono port on the joypad.
    I have a pair of bluetooth headphones (I'm aware the xbox doesnt support bluetooth) but they also have a single phono connection.
    I tried connecting them up to the joypad with a phono cable but I'm only hearing sound.. The mic doesnt seem to be working.
    Any ideas?

Thanks

Is this true that you cannot hook headsets up through the control on the one s?

Have a one now use the sony 2.0 headphones on it through the adapter. Would this not work if I got a one s?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,955 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Is this true that you cannot hook headsets up through the control on the one s?

Have a one now use the sony 2.0 headphones on it through the adapter. Would this not work if I got a one s?

Your post is a little difficult to understand, are you saying you currently have a Xbox One and use the Sony Wireless Headset to get chat and game sound via the adapter?

If so then your headset will still work with the One S through the adapter aswell, or through the standard 3.5mm port on the newer controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Your post is a little difficult to understand, are you saying you currently have a Xbox One and use the Sony Wireless Headset to get chat and game sound via the adapter?

If so then your headset will still work with the One S through the adapter aswell, or through the standard 3.5mm port on the newer controller.

Yes that's it exactly. Thanks. The other post confused me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 27,955 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Yes that's it exactly. Thanks. The other post confused me lol

He's using normal headphones with a mic for use on a mobile phone, they dont always work with a controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

emmetkenny wrote: »
    He's using normal headphones with a mic for use on a mobile phone, they dont always work with a controller.

Mobile phone headphones/ear buds can work but they have to be marked as universal compatibility. So they work across all mobile devices, etc. I have used one before in the 3.5mm port. Worked fine just not the best audio quality going ;)

Advertisement