Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One S

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Soarer wrote: »
    So are games like Forza 3 true 4K and HDR, or are they upscaled?

They are HDR yes.

But do people really expect true 4k gaming at this price and physical size in 2016?!

Give it a few years then maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

They are HDR yes.

But do people really expect true 4k gaming at this price and physical size in 2016?!

Give it a few years then maybe...

There are some 4k games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Forza Horizon 3 will be "4K" on the Xbox Scorpio, whenever that is released next year. I use quotation marks as it won't be true 4K, but it'll be a lot closer than what's possible on the Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

As long as they're HDR, that'll do me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 rowdy_rr

My box is going back after humming and clucking sounds...hope new one is grand..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Think my tolerance of the noise from the S is getting to me. Going to get in touch with MS to get it replaced

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Have ordered an Xbox One S, without a 4K TV. No chance of getting one any time soon either, seeing as I ordered the Xbox One S as part of the Surface Book deal.

Needed a new laptop, so now to sell my old Xbox One and the FIFA code the new one comes with.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shane.

Got an Xbox one s yesterday, big loud bang from it today and wouldn't turn on, brought it back got replaced, wonder if there's an issue with the internal power supply

shane. wrote: »
    Got an Xbox one s yesterday, big loud bang from it today and wouldn't turn on, brought it back got replaced, wonder if there's an issue with the internal power supply

They don't normally go bang, they go phhhhhhfffsssssssss sizzle sizzle and you get a lot of smoke and a strong smell. Not much else it could be except the psu if you heard a bang though.

They don't normally go bang, they go phhhhhhfffsssssssss sizzle sizzle and you get a lot of smoke and a strong smell. Not much else it could be except the psu if you heard a bang though.

No smoke or smell, tried a different figure 8 cable and same thing happened, maybe the noise was the fuse going on the plug

• Advertisement

shane. wrote: »
    No smoke or smell, tried a different figure 8 cable and same thing happened, maybe the noise was the fuse going on the plug

Usually a snap noise with the fuses. Was it plugged into an extension lead or board by any chance?

Usually a snap noise with the fuses. Was it plugged into an extension lead or board by any chance?

Maybe more a snap than a bang! Was plugged directly into socket, same socket as the 360 so no previous issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Silly question but never owned an Xbox before. Are the consoles region locked and will uk Xbox live cards work or do I need to select my country (and change it accordingly). This a present for the kids (big and little) so I haven't even opened it yet. (After reading above I'll make sure it works before the big day. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

afaik they are Region Free.
    I have purchased games from the Russian Store and had them download to my console.
    I have also bought Xbox Live on CDkeys which was cheap at the time but the price has gone up.

All consoles are region free and will work anywhere. Gold tokens are region free, currency cards are locked to locales that support that currency. E.g GBP cards will put credit into a Uk account but euro currency cards will work anywhere that the euro is the currency.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Recently acquired an xbox one S and I'm trying to setup my headset.
    Apparently with the xbox one 's' controller, you can connect your headphones via the phono port on the joypad.
    I have a pair of bluetooth headphones (I'm aware the xbox doesnt support bluetooth) but they also have a single phono connection.
    I tried connecting them up to the joypad with a phono cable but I'm only hearing sound.. The mic doesnt seem to be working.
    Any ideas?

Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Recently acquired an xbox one S and I'm trying to setup my headset.
    Apparently with the xbox one 's' controller, you can connect your headphones via the phono port on the joypad.
    I have a pair of bluetooth headphones (I'm aware the xbox doesnt support bluetooth) but they also have a single phono connection.
    I tried connecting them up to the joypad with a phono cable but I'm only hearing sound.. The mic doesnt seem to be working.
    Any ideas?

Thanks

When you hold the xbox button on the pad you should be given options in there and one is a slider for Mic Mute on or off so have a look and see if thats set to muted.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

jonnycivic wrote: »
    When you hold the xbox button on the pad you should be given options in there and one is a slider for Mic Mute on or off so have a look and see if thats set to muted.

Thanks v much jonny.
    I will try this later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i thought the new controllers had bluetooth?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i thought the new controllers had bluetooth?

Bluetooth for connecting to Windows PC's etc. easier.

Not for audio devices as of yet afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 SodaAndSoap84

A little late to the party, but, after thinking I was needlessly upgrading, the One S with a 4K TV looks superb. I played my old Xbox on a regular HD TV and the difference is hugely noticeable IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

A little late to the party, but, after thinking I was needlessly upgrading, the One S with a 4K TV looks superb. I played my old Xbox on a regular HD TV and the difference is hugely noticeable IMO.
    What 4K TV are using?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

anyone ever have the issue of the one s not turning on?
    I find this happens every few weeks (could be an update or something) and I need to disconnect the power and reattach before it powers on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

It really is worth the upgrade isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Is the difference noticeable with playing the original on a 4k TV vs the s?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Is the difference noticeable with playing the original on a 4k TV vs the s?

Unnoticed it straight away, I still have my Elite so I tested it out to see and it's definitely a crisper, more vibrant picture on the S. Even with the4K TV and streaming on my Apple TV I can definitely see a massive improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,710 ✭✭✭ablelocks

is the xbox one S compatible with Kinect from original Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Buttros

ablelocks wrote: »
    is the xbox one S compatible with Kinect from original Xbox?

You need an adapter which they will post out for free once you give them serial numbers from the old xbox, new Xbox and kinect.. that's what I was asked for when on a chat to an ms rep... She stopped me before the end and said she didn't need any more information. Can't remember which number I never gave.... Arrived quickly too....

Buttros wrote: »
    You need an adapter which they will post out for free once you give them serial numbers from the old xbox, new Xbox and kinect.. that's what I was asked for when on a chat to an ms rep... She stopped me before the end and said she didn't need any more information. Can't remember which number I never gave.... Arrived quickly too....

If, like me, phone calls are the last thing you want to do, then you can apply online here.

You'll still need all three serial numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Has anyone tried out any 4K UHD Blu Rays on their Xbox One S?

I'm looking to pick some up for Christmas, but just wondering if there are any gotchas:
    - are the discs region free, or
    - will the Xbox One S play discs from any region?

Advertisement